Windows 10 to launch this summer :D

You may have beaten me (by two minutes or so) but your post is breaking CoC since you don't offer your own opinion. You just quoted and posted a link. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

That keylogger is just for the Technical Preview in order to help with bug finding. It will most likely be removed in the final release.

But you're not sure, and you won't be sure in fact.

-------

Current Rig

-------

My guess is app sales, or to stop being made fun of by apple like this...

wwdc-Tim-Cook-Windows-8-Adoption-620x412

The funny part Apple forgot to mention is that Windows 8's 14% share is more users than all of OS X combined. I wonder why they didn't put that detail up there?

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Well I guess I will be getting Windows 10 possibly.  Thanks Microsoft.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The only thing I am not looking forward to in Windows 10 is the god awful Windows Store implementation. Is it bothering anyone else that they are pushing so hard t get software on there? 

I don't think that will change: They give you away the OS in hopes you'll use the store. Like I said their new strategy is basically "Let's just become Google" and they're doing the same thing Android does.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm pretty sure they should all work as they do in Windows 8.1, there shouldn't be too many differences if they do have to port anyway.

Thats cool.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The only thing I am not looking forward to in Windows 10 is the god awful Windows Store implementation. Is it bothering anyone else that they are pushing so hard t get software on there?

the store is getting a full facelift though im not sure what are they going to change on the backend side of things, they are probably holding all that info to be announced at their dev conference next month, imo they don't have to do much with the store to be good, just curate the content better, stop the scammers and allow full win32 programs to be published on it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i doubt they will remove it; data hording as proven to be that much lucrative

But you're not sure, and you won't be sure in fact.

Really? On what basis do you have any proof that they will not? The reason for it in the preview is because it is a preview and is the testing phase. I thought that would seem pretty self-explanatory.

No corporation is going to touch any OS that is logging and sending that kind of information to another company. Do you think any government organization is going to touch an OS that logs and sends information to another company? How about foreign governments? They sure as shit aren't going to want their actions logged and sent to a U.S. based corporation.

Windows OSes are also analyzed with a microscope by independent security researchers/hackers all over the world. Microsoft is smart enough not to try and pull a fast one on security researchers. Anything nefarious they put in or left in the OS (especially if it involves sending data over a network) once it hit RTM would 100% be discovered sooner or later.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Really? On what basis do you have any proof that they will not? 

You can stop right there: They are using it now and we don't know if they will stop. Burden of proof that they won't use it is not on my end because they have used it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You can stop right there: They are using it now and we don't know if they will stop. Burden of proof that they won't use it is not on my end because they have used it.

Every previous release has removed tracking capabilities before RTM. History track record is my proof.

And no, don't stop my comment right there. You only stopped it there because you know you have no argument against it. Nice try though.

Every previous release has removed tracking capabilities before RTM. History track record is my proof.

And no, don't stop my comment right there. You only stopped it there because you know you have no argument against it. Nice try though.

Yea... MS tracks preleases and every time full release shows up, they stop. 

If they kept tracking, the internet would've torn them a new one over the past 2-3 releases. But nah, lets just make shit up for the sake up making shit up.

Hmm, awesome!

Too bad windows 7 is still better than 10. (Except for DX12...)

don't use Start8 (regular start screen and modern apps FTW) and still think 8.1 Pro is miles better than 7 SP1.

10 is better than 8.1, though.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

You are correct: I refuse to argue vs flawed logic and logical fallacies. For the sake of civility I'll give you another version of it though: If you lost my trust you have to do better than "I promise" to regain it, which is the case here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wow, I did not expect this.  I was going to buy a copy of Windows eventually, I've just never been in the financial state to justify the purchase.

Personally, I think this is a good move on the PR front. However, I honestly strongly urge everyone who is pirating Windows who can afford to do so, to buy a legit copy of Windows 7 or 8, then get the free upgrade to Windows 10. Operating systems are some of the most expensive pieces of software to make in the world.

But, hey, if you don't and still pirate it, at least Microsoft is throwing you a bone.

Hmm, awesome!

Too bad windows 7 is still better than 10. (Except for DX12...)

I understand you don't like the newer flat UI assets? Other then that (Which is 100% subjective), Windows 10 is pretty much superior to Windows 7 in just about every way.

Most of the issues with Windows 8/8.1 have been or are being fixed, such as Control Panel vs PC Settings (Settings in multiple areas, not consistent, etc). All of that stuff is being migrated to one single central location (Back into the new version, which I believe will keep the name PC Settings).

Modern UI Apps are now Windowed and able to be resized, etc.

The Start Button/Menu is back and even more functional then before.

Live Tiles in the Start Menu are fully customizable and can be completely removed if desired.

Can you point out anything that is worse in Windows 10 other then the fact that you don't like the flat design of the UI assets?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If only there was a world where you could share your damn opinion and not have people tell you that you're wrong.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If only there was a world where you could share your damn opinion and not have people tell you that you're wrong.

Or rather, you share your opinion - then people who disagree with it ask why you have that opinion. Is that so wrong? I'm personally very curious as to why you think Windows 7 is better then 10?

If it's purely aesthetic (eg: The flat UI elements), then that's fine, a subjective thing anyway - as some will love it and some will hate it.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Or rather, you share your opinion - then people who disagree with it ask why you have that opinion. Is that so wrong? I'm personally very curious as to why you think Windows 7 is better then 10?

If it's purely aesthetic (eg: The flat UI elements), then that's fine, a subjective thing anyway - as some will love it and some will hate it.

I prefer the look of windows 7 over 8 and 8.1, I know there are some programs out there that can make windows 8 look more like 7, but its still not quite the same experience, and I like how all the settings and such are laid out for windows 7 too, I dislike it how a window slides out when I click the wireless connections button, and how I can't right click networks anymore, among plenty of other things with windows 8/8.1. (I have a dell venue 8 pro with windows 8.1, and use it pretty much every day)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I prefer the look of windows 7 over 8 and 8.1, I know there are some programs out there that can make windows 8 look more like 7, but its still not quite the same experience, and I like how all the settings and such are laid out for windows 7 too, I dislike it how a window slides out when I click the wireless connections button, and how I can't right click networks anymore, among plenty of other things with windows 8/8.1. (I have a dell venue 8 pro with windows 8.1, and use it pretty much every day)

Fair enough. I don't know how many of those have been fixed in Windows 10 (if any) since I don't have it handy at work. Obviously the UI elements will remain to your disliking - I doubt Microsoft will change those significantly between now and release.

Have you used Windows 10 yet extensively?

Fair enough. I don't know how many of those have been fixed in Windows 10 (if any) since I don't have it handy at work. Obviously the UI elements will remain to your disliking - I doubt Microsoft will change those significantly between now and release.

Have you used Windows 10 yet extensively?

I have tried it out a few times, and have it installed on my PC alongside windows 7.

I'm letting it "Sit on the back burner" or whatever that saying is, and I might fuck around with it a little more in the future once more features are put in.

I guess they'll let them upgrade but if they have to reinstal from start they wont have a copy of W10 to directly instal?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I have tried it out a few times, and have it installed on my PC alongside windows 7.

I'm letting it "Sit on the back burner" or whatever that saying is, and I might fuck around with it a little more in the future once more features are put in.

Yeah, while they are constantly updating the OS, there haven't been any new big builds in a while. I think you won't see the huge changes until closer to the Consumer Preview, which I'd expect... well... any time now I guess.