Windows 10 to launch this summer :D

is it me or anyone else thing updating a pirated software is just next to impossible due the cracks and mods applied ?

I believe (don't quote me on this, I'm Linus now) ypu can just reapply the mods to it after you've updated.

I truly hope it won't be riddled with glitches or incompatibility problems.  Also,  I hope it's substantially faster than 8.1.  Will DX12 be included with it from the get go or soon after?

If you use start8/startisback etc then you dont need to use the modern UI controls..EVER

I have differing experiences, but that might have changed since 8.1, but in 8 there was constantly something that pulled me back into metro.

That said, the Start Screen is IMO the best thing that ever happened to Windows (metro settings and all that, not so much). But on no other operating system can you arrange so much stuff on one launcher. I am constantly flabbergasted that people say "Win 8 is bad for power users/mouse and keyboard users" but when I can set the Start Screen to show ALL of my libraries, the ENTIRE Adobe Creative Suite, a bunch of other applications and the ENTIRE MS Office Suite and still have room for games is absolutely AMAZING.

I have the start screen macro'd to my "snipe" button, and it saves me so many clicks and so much time than using the start menu.

Wow this is good, I've got a bunch of XP/Vista machines in work that I can Pirate them to Win7 and then turn that into a legitimate copy of Win10. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

How will this work if someone is using pirated windows 8.1 (the most common being kmspico) though?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

upgrade is nice and all... but they've never really worked for me... what about a re-install? i doubt you get it for free to do a reinstall... so any prices known for that?

I have no signature

you can also change the theme to look like windows 7 if you dont like the aesthetics,

Not quite, windows 8 and 8.1 got rid of aero, which I personally like, and find gave windows 7 the great look that it has.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

SNIP.

Really? I have not seen the metro screen since the day I upgraded, 

yeah I have it as an icon on my taskbar and a keybinding if I need to access it, however I use fences so I can have all my icons on my desktop, if I double click on the desktop all my icons dissapear, and I can organise files folders and documents etc however I like - which is great, the rest of my applications sit on the taskbar

Not quite, windows 8 and 8.1 got rid of aero, which I personally like, and find gave windows 7 the great look that it has.

Well each to their own, personally I really like the look of 8.1 but I spend very little time looking at the OS so I am honestly not bothered, not enough to prevent me upgrading to the better, faster more feature filled OS

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hmm, awesome!

Too bad windows 7 is still better than 10. (Except for DX12...)

Better in your opinion!

Current Build: (protege) Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz (1.264v) | Corsair H75 | Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 | MSI GeForce GTX 970 4(3.5)gb Twin Frozr (Soon to be 380x) | Corsair RM750 Laptop: AMD A6-4400m | Toshiba 500gb HD | Radeon HD 7520g

Sorry for lack of information, currently in college, I will complete this later, :)

---86'd---

We have all heard that windows 10 will be a free upgrade for users of Windows 7 and 8.1.

What we didn't know was how this would effect software pirates, considering Microsoft windows is one of the most pirated peices of software ever.

Well, Microsoft has come out and said it will offer the new operating systems free of charge to Genuine and Non genuine users in a hope to tackle software piracy.

Are they copying what  Apple is doing with free Operating System upgrades? That would be a really cool move. 

Previous CEO of Microsoft Steve Ballmer reviled back in 2011 that only 1 in 10 people in China a using a genuine copy of Windows. 

My Thoughts?

We all knew it was going to be a free upgrade, but now this has cleared up it will work for pirates without a patch, maybe this will solve the issue of pirating one of the largest pieces of software to date. 

Your thoughts, Please leave them down below!

Too much free = worries for me......Microsoft + free upgrade to genuine and non-genuine users of previous windows OSs + the NSA = the biggest spyware/trap ever devised.  -_-

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Better in your opinion!

Exactly.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

KMS included ? That was just plain stupid that you couldn't download the 8.1 update from the store. 

its a good idea that it's free for pirates.

its free for EVERYONE for a year, you have to register within a year to keep it free. well the pirates can't register so will be forced to pay or at least find a pirated copy.

a year is a long time and some people would rather pay a small amount t not to have to format with a new pirated version.

its a good move by Microsoft.

I actually have a version of Windows that was paid for by myself but has been deemed non genuine by Microsoft. I rang up countless times but it never got sorted. aparently my key was used for a pirated cracked version or something stupid that had nothing to do with me. but hey ho it still works and with a bit of magic I can change my desktop background lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Too much free = worries for me......Microsoft + free upgrade to genuine and non-genuine users of previous windows OSs + the NSA = the biggest spyware/trap ever devised.  -_-

plus system wide keylogger

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I have that under spyware. Stinking frigging &$)(##$$)(*# NSA! :angry:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

That keylogger is just for the Technical Preview in order to help with bug finding. It will most likely be removed in the final release.

Every topic I post in dies.

What makes you say that?

Windows 8.1 is better than 7 IMO (using start8)

Might be that way for you there Cap but around here 8 might as well be the plague. 7 is still dominant and said time and time again will be till what is it 2020? I myself though am going to 10. In also my opinion it is so funny 8 is short lived. Shorter than Vista and ME if I remember right. *shrug*

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

is it me or anyone else think updating a pirated software is just next to impossible due the cracks and mods applied ?

Actually there is no such thing as a "cracked" version of Windows among the elite. We call that "hacktivation" which is the modification of system files. Tho with Windows 7 and Windows 8 there is no "hacktivation" involved so the system goes untouched (can't tell if activation is legitimate or not).

The keylogger is just in the Technical Preview for data collection to help iron out the operating system.

That keylogger is just for the Technical Preview in order to help with bug finding. It will most likely be removed in the final release.

i doubt they will remove it; data hording as proven to be that much lucrative

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Actually there is no such thing as a "cracked" version of Windows among the elite. We call that "hacktivation" which is the modification of system files. Tho with Windows 7 and Windows 8 there is no "hacktivation" involved so the system goes untouched (can't tell if activation is legitimate or not).

The keylogger is just in the Technical Preview for data collection to help iron out the operating system.

mine does, when installing OS, it opens CMD and does bunch of stuff and adds genuine logo in properties 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I truly hope it won't be riddled with glitches or incompatibility problems.  Also,  I hope it's substantially faster than 8.1.  Will DX12 be included with it from the get go or soon after?

From the get go.

The real question is when the first DirectX 12 game will be available?

What makes you say that?

Windows 8.1 is better than 7 IMO (using start8)

This.

I've had 8.1 since its launch (as well as 8 since launch) and with my recent job they gave me a work machine with 7...and Honestly i couldn't hate it more (god 7 sucks at dealing with 3 monitors). People are just complaining to complain at this point and jumping on the "lel its bad" bandwagon.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

mine does, when installing OS, it opens CMD and does bunch of stuff and adds genuine logo in properties 

Using the wrong stuff then.  ^_^

i doubt they will remove it; data hording as proven to be that much lucrative

They will remove it, they're not stupid. Microsoft knows that if they leave a keylogger in people won't use Windows 10. Plus its probably illegal to leave that in. Besides, if they want to data horde, they can use Cortana instead.

Every topic I post in dies.

Scumbag Microsoft for providing free copies of Windows even to those who pirated it... /s *smh*