Apple to Buy 1/3 of Global Gold Supply for its i-Watch

ahhming

gold1.jpg

The Wall Street Journal - Apple is gearing up to make 1 million of the gold watches per month.
How much gold would be in each watch? This is where speculation is running wild. Some estimates are as high as 2 ounces per watch. If there is even 1/2 ounce per watch, Apple is going to become a huge gold buyer alongside India and China, and the demand could potentially reach 1/3 of global gold supply!

Apple plans to start producing more than one million units per month in the second quarter of the year, anticipating high demand from Asian markets, mainly China.”

Josh Centers, from TidBits, estimates that each gold watch will contain 2 troy ounces (62.2 grams) of gold.

Base of this estimates, Apple will need 746 tonnes a year of gold, about 30% of the world annual production in order to meet the demand.

source:
http://www.mining.com/apple-buying-a-third-of-worlds-gold-to-meet-demand-for-iwatch-14071/

http://www.silverdoctors.com/apple-to-buy-13-of-global-gold-supply-for-i-watch/

Apple will need 746 tonnes a year of gold, about 30% of the world annual production in order to meet the demand.

What demand? I haven't herd of anyone wanting to buy one let alone a gold one. Also 2 ounces of gold per watch?... come on I really doubt that.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yeah..... and how long will it take the gold to start showing signs of heavy wear hmm?? Apple isn't thinking ahead that far by the looks of things.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

FIRE UP THE PARTICLE COLLIDER, CUZ WE'RE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE MORE GOLD!

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Not only is this sounding fake as hell, it's also a horrible idea. Unless they start selling youth in golden bottles I don't think they could ever sell that much gold. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Apple... what are you doing these days....

This makes the Atari E.T. fiasco come to mind...

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

They have quite the misplaced faith in this product, don't they.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What demand? I haven't herd of anyone wanting to buy one let alone a gold one. Also 2 ounces of gold per watch?... come on I really doubt that.

they anticipating high demand from Asian markets, mainly China.

Ain't the watch just gold plated?

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

apple already have preorder in china about 1mil of them

Yeh but not 1million  gold ones surely? :( ... my faith in humanity is slowly draining away.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Apple.

Stahp.

Apple PLS

APPLE STAHP

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Apple, STAHP, that gold could be used for much better and less idiotic things.

Like a gold plated GTX Titan....

PMSL

Fucking waste of resources.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

Or I don't know, that foil they use to protect spacecraft, making semi-conductors, you know, all those things that can help advance mankind.

No, fuck it, lets just make asinine watches for hipsters who can't actually afford the fucking things in the first place.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Gold is known to resist well to abuse through time, so why waste it on apple product that will be obsolete in a year ?

And 99% of their customers wont be able to afford.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I run a local tech shop and we are an authorized retailer of Verizon. Out of the 50+ people I talk to every day (Verizon and non Verizon customers), I haven't heard one person that owns an iPhone remotely interested in the Apple Watch. It's not to say people don't want it or are not interested.

I see it like this.

1. It only works with the iPhone
2. The iPhone has, what I estimate, ~20% market share.
3. Of that ~20%, a very small percentage are interested in the watch.

Why the need for all of that gold? I'm betting it's for the gold iCar they're likely to release after the silver and 'space grey'.

Gold is a soft metal. For an expensive watch I wouldn't put gold anywhere on the outside. On the hands or as trim on certain places that would make a better idea. Most watches are made from steel even the most expensive watches for a reason. Apple won't change that and the iWatch will be a failure just like every other smart watch until someone actually makes a smart watch that takes a normal high end watch and gives it more functionality. A normal watch with a see through screen over the top to add further functionality. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Ain't the watch just gold plated?

Nope, the whole outer shell is made of gold

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

1 GTX Titan that's actually worth the price coming up.

/s just for the noobs

PMSL

And 99% of their customers wont be able to afford.

You're right. Though apple fans always surprise me when it come to find funds for a new "revolutionary" product.