[LEAK] apple supposedly to release a fully redesigned macbook air this year, so thin it barely has any i/o

AlexGoesHigh

silvergray-copy.png?w=704&h=409

the redesign seems it will fit the 12" screen on an overall smaller package with an edge to edge keyboard, which possesses smaller spaces between keys, another big difference is on the i/o of the air that given is thinnest, its going to drop standard full sized usb port for the new USB 3.1 type C connector which will also act as the power input to charge the air since the standard supports up to 100w of power delivery completely dropping the current magsafe connector as well as replacing the thunderbolt port due to 3.1 10gbps bus, 9to5mac suggest that due the very limited i/o (its literally a single port) apple will also release an accessory hub to be purchased optionally also the sd card slot is gone and it will bring a retina quality display as well,

a 9to5mac artist took these points and made a few sketch of what supposedly the final product will look like, these aren't official pictures that were leaked to be clear

comparison-copy.png?w=704&h=211

keyboardsilver-copy.png?w=704&h=432

keyboardspacing-copy.png?w=704&h=290

profilecompare-copy.png?w=704&h=138

profilel-r-copy.png?w=704&h=289

source: 9to5mac

i know that compared to the source its really short but they went to detail everything like an anandtech review for what it is a leak so i keep it short and put the pictures, also the i/o is seriously a massive change if it ends up being true, not just dropping the normal USB port but thunderbolt as well which is kinda surprising since apple helped to push the technology, then again after over 10 year using 30pin and suddenly switching to lighting forcing users to buy an expensive adapter that should have been included on at least the first product that used it, so it wouldn't be the first time apple forced this kind of shit suddenly

update/edit: FWIW the verge made a small opinion article about why this concept doesn't look that crazy, the most interesting part is that apple was 2nd into sourcing engineers for the type c project, only beaten by intel, definitely worth the read http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/6/7505187/apple-macbook-2015-usb-type-c-reversible

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i want i/o though....

this is terrible

this is like apple saying "Our product is already an amazing piece of technology, just who the fuck do you think you are wanting to add to our perfect machine!?"

yes i know these are sketches

this better not be true

Who'd want a pc without i/o though?... 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

But.. But I like my USB's and such..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If they can fit another 1 or 2 usb type c in then I'm in but 1 is not really enough

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

And what was wrong with I/O. I thought the whole point of having connectors on your computer was because it was helpful. I guess I am wrong though I mean who needs USB, Ethernet, HDMI, PS/2, VGA, DV-I, DisplayPort and all that. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Thinness Thinness Thinness Thinness Thinness Thinness Thinness Thinness Thinness 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

WTF, that would be retarded... you want more than one fucking USB port, no matter how fast it is

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

At this point its almost better to buy a tablet with a keyboard...... I like my USB ports on my already really thin SP3

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I call BS. If this does come out, Steve Jobs will be rolling in his grave.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

that keyboard is a big no no for me.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I hope they will at least cram in a bit more stuff in terms of storage and I/O to make it more usable for me because they will fit someone who mostly uses it for business purposes but its just not for me

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

inb4 bendt macbook airs...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

worst placement of power button ever..

God damit I just wanted to exit.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Why do companies think we need paper thin device?

HTID

This is actually pretty cool, dunno why you guys are complaining about how thin it is.

I wouldn't be upset to own this. That said I wouldn't pay to own it unless I was a millionaire but this is a really cool device.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Well that's stupid...

You shouldn't sacrifice usability to make things thinner. I was upset when they removed the Ethernet port and this is even more ridiculous.

#BendBook, anyone?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This is actually pretty cool, dunno why you guys are complaining about how thin it is.

I wouldn't be upset to own this. That said I wouldn't pay to own it unless I was a millionaire but this is a really cool device.

complains aren't due to the thines itself, is because is so fucking thin, you can only use one device at a time with it, unless you buy a hub for it, which is another thing to carry besides the laptop, not that good since mobility is the point of this thing

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm not happy about the idea of dropping the magsafe power input. One of my favorite things about Macbooks is the Magsafe power input. (I'm tired of resoldering on power jacks because of careless people) 

It is funny how many complain, yet nothing is official, nor have any photos leaked.

In order to build a thin and small Retina Macbook Air, there needs to exist a decent CPU/GPU combo.

IMHO there is no such processor from Intel out yet.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log