[LEAK] apple supposedly to release a fully redesigned macbook air this year, so thin it barely has any i/o

AlexGoesHigh

LAPTOP:

dell20xps201520laptop20-20straight20shot

PAPER:

free-blank-paper-sheet-vector-0517.jpg

LAPTOP != PAPER

did I make it clear enough Apple? Because you seem to lack some basic knowledge here...

jokes aside, actual rant:

What. The. Hell. Is the point of a computer you can barely attach any peripherals to. ONE freaking usb port is just NOT going to cut it, sorry. "oh but you can use a hub" I DON'T WANT TO NEED A HUB BECAUSE THE MANUFACTURER DECIDED MAKING THE LAPTOP AS THIN AS PAPER AND SACRIFICED PORTS. Not to mention the speed loss caused by hubs. Look at any laptop on the market, and it will almost certainly have at least 2 usb ports (but 3 or 4 are more common on laptops that don't try to be PAPER), an sd card slot and/or a micro sd slot, e-sata (sometimes) and one or more video outputs (often a cga for compatibility and an hdmi or displayport for high resolutions).

What the hell is the point of making it so light and small if you need to fit a hub into wherever you're storing the darn thing? Not to mention thunderbolt hubs are stupidly expensive, courtesy of apple's delusion that sticking their brand on stuff makes it automatically worth three times the price.

If it comes out in this state, I can already imagine: plug in your cabled mouse (because maybe the input lag and price premium of a bluetooth one don't quite tickle your fancy) and all of a sudden you can't plug in your external hard drive, or your pendrive, or an external optical drive (because of COURSE they couldn't incorporate one if even usb ports won't fit). And where are you going to plug in a MONITOR when you're home and don't quite like the idea of squinting at a 12" screen? This is literally taking a computer, and making it as hard to use as humanly possible. The next step is literally the ipad: no connectivity with anything, no way to use a bigger screen, an input method unsuitable for any serious work situation. This is almost a 1000$ brick.

/rant

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not happy about the idea of dropping the magsafe power input. One of my favorite things about Macbooks is the Magsafe power input. (I'm tired of resoldering on power jacks because of careless people)

I bet 5 bucks, that they won't drop it.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I'm not happy about the idea of dropping the magsafe power input. One of my favorite things about Macbooks is the Magsafe power input. (I'm tired of resoldering on power jacks because of careless people) 

Hear hear. 

Magsafe is great and I'd be saddened if they got rid of that just for thinness. Apple would sooner redesign Magsafe to be thinner (like they did for the rMBP) than get rid of it entirely. IMHO. 

I also like speculation but come on, we're gonna get angry over rumours? 

worst placement of power button ever..

I don't even see the power button.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

next to esc, top left

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So since usb type c can do 100 watts of power, I'm assuming they're using that for power... but that mean you can't plug in a usb drive when charging...  genuis!

and as @jam1234 pointed out, lol @ power button placement...  they better implement an autosave feature for everything 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

It's next to the ESC key.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

worst placement of power button ever..

Asus Zenbooks have it worse, it replaces the delete key if i remember correctly

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

It is funny how many complain, yet nothing is official, nor have any photos leaked.

In order to build a thin and small Retina Macbook Air, there needs to exist a decent CPU/GPU combo.

IMHO there is no such processor from Intel out yet.

or they could use utterly underpowered stuff knowing it will still sell like pancakes, just like they did in the 1100$ imac and the first generation of mbairs.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I still fail to see how making a laptop thinner, actually makes it better? If I wanted a real thin device with almost no i/o, I would buy a freaking iPad

LAPTOP != PAPER

did I make it clear enough Apple? Because you seem to lack some basic knowledge here...

jokes aside, actual rant:

What. The. Hell. Is the point of a computer you can barely attach any peripherals to. ONE freaking usb port is just NOT going to cut it, sorry. "oh but you can use a hub" I DON'T WANT TO NEED A HUB BECAUSE THE MANUFACTURER DECIDED MAKING THE LAPTOP AS THIN AS PAPER AND SACRIFICED PORTS. Not to mention the speed loss caused by hubs. Look at any laptop on the market, and it will almost certainly have at least 2 usb ports (but 3 or 4 are more common on laptops that don't try to be PAPER), an sd card slot and/or a micro sd slot, e-sata (sometimes) and one or more video outputs (often a cga for compatibility and an hdmi or displayport for high resolutions).

What the hell is the point of making it so light and small if you need to fit a hub into wherever you're storing the darn thing? Not to mention thunderbolt hubs are stupidly expensive, courtesy of apple's delusion that sticking their brand on stuff makes it automatically worth three times the price.

If it comes out in this state, I can already imagine: plug in your cabled mouse (because maybe the input lag and price premium of a bluetooth one don't quite tickle your fancy) and all of a sudden you can't plug in your external hard drive, or your pendrive, or an external optical drive (because of COURSE they couldn't incorporate one if even usb ports won't fit). And where are you going to plug in a MONITOR when you're home and don't quite like the idea of squinting at a 12" screen? This is literally taking a computer, and making it as hard to use as humanly possible. The next step is literally the ipad: no connectivity with anything, no way to use a bigger screen, an input method unsuitable for any serious work situation. This is almost a 1000$ brick.

/rant

I hear the celebs these days don't need IO, they use other Apple products and trust iCloud (Apple logos make innovation Fappen, err I mean happen), if something goes wrong just sue Google because Apple doesn't make mistakes.

guys this is all rumours :P lets not fly off the handle

if you look at the existing macbook air, and cut off the outside of the keyboard you can easily make it smaller without sacrificing keyboards space and size

would be insane if they dropped magsafe, its like THE feature of the macbook

what are those weird bits above the keyboard? apple would never have them surely

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Asus Zenbooks have it worse, it replaces the delete key if i remember correctly

okay maybe not ever then :)

well at least you have to hold it down for 2 sec to actually do anything (if the same as the macbook air we have today) + OS X are pretty good at restoring sessions on power failure.

but still, makes no sense there..

I/O is kinda useful :) Power Button is badly placed. The keyboard looks a little weird idk why

i can see myself shutting that thing down accidentally a lot....  

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

okay maybe not ever then :)

well at least you have to hold it down for 2 sec to actually do anything (if the same as the macbook air we have today) + OS X are pretty good at restoring sessions on power failure.

but still, makes no sense there..

I can't tell you how many times i've by accident put my zenbook to sleep though...It's only a mistake that costs a few seconds, but it's seriously bothersome

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I hear the celebs these days don't need IO, they use other Apple products and trust iCloud (Apple logos make innovation Fappen, err I mean happen), if something goes wrong just sue Google because Apple doesn't make mistakes.

5116311+_2c9077275761426c33ff821029dd883

I don't complain about the lack of I/O on my nexus 7 because it was 200$ ^^ I'd be pretty pissed if it had been 1000$...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This pooptop is being powered by the Broadwell processors. 

Which everybody circle jerked over. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I know most people want physical ports but dont people remember intel has made it clear they want to go wireless and it was either broadwell or skylake they were going to start implementing and pushing for wireless stuff so maybe apple is doing just this?

its going to drop standard full sized usb port for the new USB 3.1 type C connector which will also act as the power input to charge the air since the standard supports up to 100w of power delivery completely dropping the current magsafe connector as well as replacing the thunderbolt port due to 3.1 10gbps bus,

So basically you have to choose between charging the battery, and using anything you might connect to the laptop?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Oh its a keyboard key  :wacko:

I know its a huge image, if someone could tell me how to hide/show I'll do it for the sake of those with bad internet and all of Australia

write without the spaces.

[ spoiler ] whatever you want to hide goes here, can be picture, text, both, etc [ /spoiler ]

write without the spaces.

[ spoiler ] whatever you want to hide goes here, can be picture, text, both, etc [ /spoiler ]

thanks, had the brackets and the spoiler part but didn't know the /

Oh look, Tim Cook found something else to ruin! Yay... [/sarcasm]

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

So basically this is like those 2-in-1 tablet combos... with a fully attached keyboard.  

These will have their niche and should do fine for the mac crowd who generally don't attach anything physically to their system.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts.