[LEAK] apple supposedly to release a fully redesigned macbook air this year, so thin it barely has any i/o

AlexGoesHigh

BIG SNIP

SNIP

Builder, I hope that is the case, that is the use case I see it as too, i think its definitely a section of the market that needs addressing

Currently you either buy an expensive ultrabook, an underpowered under featured chromebook, a tablet which is terrible to work on, or you buy a shit laptop

Apple COULD be onto something with the idea of a basic OSX machine, but they have to get the price right for this one, if its cheaper than the Air models, then it might just be a great thing

But as LAwLz says, if its a $1000 replacement to the air but is missing all the features it will suck

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

-snip-

Oh did I hit a nerve?

Builder, I hope that is the case, that is the use case I see it as too, i think its definitely a section of the market that needs addressing

Currently you either buy an expensive ultrabook, an underpowered under featured chromebook, a tablet which is terrible to work on, or you buy a shit laptop

Apple COULD be onto something with the idea of a basic OSX machine, but they have to get the price right for this one, if its cheaper than the Air models, then it might just be a great thing

But as LAwLz says, if its a $1000 replacement to the air but is missing all the features it will suck

I am pretty sure it will be 900 dollar (if these pictures are even accurate to begin with) and replace the Macbook Air. People said the same thing when the first air was announced, that it was just a Macbook Pro that missed all the features and it would suck. Yet the market proved that it is willing to pay a lot for something with just the bare minimum of what they might need on an average day.

All I am saying is, don't expect it to be a cheaper Macbook Air model because I think you will probably just end up disappointed (or go into full denial and desperately try to convince yourself that it's amazing and the best thing ever).

I am pretty sure it will be 900 dollar (if these pictures are even accurate to begin with) and replace the Macbook Air. People said the same thing when the first air was announced, that it was just a Macbook Pro that missed all the features and it would suck. Yet the market proved that it is willing to pay a lot for something with just the bare minimum of what they might need on an average day.

All I am saying is, don't expect it to be a cheaper Macbook Air model because I think you will probably just end up disappointed (or go into full denial and desperately try to convince yourself that it's amazing and the best thing ever).

You are maybe right there, we will have to wait and see if this concept is actually a real thing or not but im in 2 minds whether I like it or not

I think for 95% of the users that buy a macbook air, it will be fine with the limited IO, Air users are not power users, and probably never plug anything into their machines and its mostly just an expensive more powerful netbook that runs OSX

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This laptop a ton of sense now....

The Verge article the OP posted puts it in this way.

MacBook Air is NOT a for professional or  tech enthusiasts like us rather for people who just watch videos, plays music, write notes, web browsing and stuff. It is possible to connect more than one peripherals but it wouldn't be annoying as not many people will do it every now and then especially when you consider how things can wirelessly connect and stream via Wifi and Bluetooth these days.

Another point that supports this fact is the Intel Core M series processor which is going to be necessary for this design. Its not going to be powerful at all, but will be enough to do the above tasks. For enthusiasts, there's the Retina MBP which won't be getting a thinner redesign for a long time.

USB Type C as a charger also makes sense. Yes I know, MagSafe was pretty freakin cool, but I think Apple's going to move completely to USB Type-C for charging stuff which includes iPhones and iPads too. This assumption was derived from the fact that Apple was hard at work developing USB Type-C behind the scenes and also the European Union had said to Apple they will have to move to MicroUSB by 2017, i believe by then which Type-C would be standard in mobiles too

The Verge also points out this could be the cheaper laptop among Apple's portfolio which everyone has been waiting for

SNIP

exactly, the Air is the netbook of Apples line up, this one is basically for people that want to do more than an iPad but do not need a full blown powerful macbook or iMac

So students who web and documents, commuters, basic business use etc, 

This is not for hardcore users, and the air line was never really intended to be used that way

I would buy one of the earlier macbook air, which actually mad sense as they were light, thin, and had actual features. This new one had better have a massive price cut if that's the kind of shit they are trying to force on people. (I know its a sketch but still...)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Did I prove you wrong?

No because I didn't even make any statement that could be proven wrong.

Your post didn't even address what I said, and it wasn't even related to what Builder said either. We were talking about Apple and you talk about other manufacturers for no apparent reason.

Builder: "I think it will be 700 dollars"

Me: "In before it's 1000 dollars and you still think it's great"

You: "In before Asus and Acer releases shitty versions of it for 600 dollars! Hah! Proved you wrong!"

I think 600 dollars would make sense for this. Intel's mobile processors has sacrificed performance for power quite a few generations now so we are down to fairly poorly performing chips. The base frequency is only 800MHz at this point, and it's a dual core SoC. We see ARM move closer and closer to x86 performance for each generation and for most tasks people with Airs will use it for, the iPad Air 2 will probably perform pretty similarly to Core M.

The screen on the Macbook Air is much much worse than the iPad.

You lose the touch screen but gain a keyboard.

You get better storage.

100 dollars more for better storage and a keyboard, at the cost of touch screen and a much worse screen seems pretty fair to me.

It made a bit more sense in my head before I realized the iPad Air 2 is 500 dollars. Thought it was 400.

Excuse me, but this is a concept peice, it has no credibility whatsoever.

Yeah, and for the most part Apple rumors tend to become truth.

Looks cool! I love Apple designs.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

This is good for the size and portability of the laptop, but why would they remove the I/O? It just doesn't make sense to remove it to me.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Then make one!

I'm not good with making memes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because the first thing I thought when I saw the Macbook Air was "hmm...not thin enough"