[LEAK] apple supposedly to release a fully redesigned macbook air this year, so thin it barely has any i/o

AlexGoesHigh

thanks, had the brackets and the spoiler part but didn't know the /

well i dont think its gonna help anything, as the browser still renders the content of the spoiler, its just hidden (but loaded)

you could use a image hosting who provide a thumbnail, and link to fullsize image.

well i dont think its gonna help anything, as the browser still renders the content of the spoiler, its just hidden (but loaded)

you could use a image hosting who provide a thumbnail, and link to fullsize image.

Is it really hidden but loaded, someone should make a version of that system for adblock so Linus could still get ad revenue, cause he calls us adblocker out all the time on Wan Show

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Is it really hidden but loaded, someone should make a version of that system for adblock so Linus could still get ad revenue, cause he calls us adblocker out all the time on Wan Show

people on the forum that use adblock mainly use it to avoid ads that contain malware, not that much to block the add themselves also you can whitelist sites and i'm sure lots do it with ltt

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It is funny how many complain, yet nothing is official, nor have any photos leaked.

In order to build a thin and small Retina Macbook Air, there needs to exist a decent CPU/GPU combo.

IMHO there is no such processor from Intel out yet.

Uh, Core M?

So basically this is like those 2-in-1 tablet combos... with a fully attached keyboard.  

These will have their niche and should do fine for the mac crowd who generally don't attach anything physically to their system.

I thought they used those for art and music production? Presumably that means using a drawing pad or some kind of audio input?

Can USB3.1 transmit video output?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Wow the keyboard looks so odd

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I could see a type-C hub that apple would sell alongside this device with a bunch of USB 2.0/3.0 and maybe a display output. 

Keyboard looks weird with no border around it (it's still tons better than the old 17" macbooks that had multiple inches of space around the edges of the keyboard) and I can imagine it'll be harder to type for anyone who isn't a small child/relies on hunt-and-peck typing.

Power button is definitely a no-no.

I/O is again a no-no. Why replace magsafe? That was a Genuinely Useful Thing. I've got no problems with USB type C (though it screws with people using good old Type A memory sticks - and having to get a hub for it's just stupid), though including at least 3 of them would be a good idea. What happens when you're busy doing your thing and have an external drive plugged in which you're storing all your work on and then you reach 10% battery and need to plug in? 

This is completely fake, it's not even vaguely plausible speculation.

Apple are not:

A: Ditching MagSafe

B: Ditching the SD card slot

C: Ditching Thunderbolt

D: Adopting USB-C as the only IO technology, a PROTOTYPE connector with NO market penetration

E: Having just a SINGLE PORT of said IO, making people use an accessory hub external to the device

F: Doing all these things

9to5mac should be ashamed of themselves for jumping on the clickbait train for something so utterly ridiculous.

Apple are not:

D: Adopting USB-C as the only IO technology, a PROTOTYPE connector with NO market penetration

E: Having just a SINGLE PORT of said IO, making people use an accessory hub external to the device

9to5mac should be ashamed of themselves for jumping on the clickbait train for something so utterly ridiculous.

actually usb type c is not a prototype, its a finalized standard, though your right it doesn't have market penetration but that's only because is brand new, other that that your right, even for apple this is insanity

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Honestly, the Macbook Pro is thin enough for me.

This is actually pretty cool, dunno why you guys are complaining about how thin it is.

I wouldn't be upset to own this. That said I wouldn't pay to own it unless I was a millionaire but this is a really cool device.

because it has no usb and stuff if this takes off as a standard im shooting myself

people on the forum that use adblock mainly use it to avoid ads that contain malware, not that much to block the add themselves also you can whitelist sites and i'm sure lots do it with ltt

Can confirm, I have mine set to not run on ltt.

well i guess you can can buy one & just stare at it since it got no i/o 's in it...

but i like the concept idea tho, there needs to be one ..

Details separate people.

WTF, that would be retarded... you want more than one fucking USB port, no matter how fast it is

But you see, USB 3.1 is 10Gbps, so you can just get a 2-port dongle for the same old 2 USB 3 connections as before. EFFICIENCY!!!!

Please note I bitch about Apple only putting 2 USB ports on their MBPr's as well.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

But you see, USB 3.1 is 10Gbps, so you can just get a 2-port dongle for the same old 2 USB 3 connections as before. EFFICIENCY!!!!

Please note I bitch about Apple only putting 2 USB ports on their MBPr's as well.

"efficiency"

or you could just fucking make it slightly thicker and put 4 of them there, and be done with it. you have one for your display, one for mouse, keyboard combo, and the other two for ext storage

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Apple are not:

A: Yes they are in favor of wireless charging via magnetic resonance. This has already been confirmed by Apple employees.

B: Unknown

C: For the Air line? I wouldn't put it past them. USB C can carry any video signal.

D: Not a prototype. It's a finalized standard and MSI also has shown it off at CES. Also, they can fit more Type C in the same space as Type A.

E: For the Air line? I wouldn't put it past them.

F: It's Apple. Never underestimate the smugness of Apple.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

"efficiency"

or you could just fucking make it slightly thicker and put 4 of them there, and be done with it. you have one for your display, one for mouse, keyboard combo, and the other two for ext storage

THANK YOU! SOMEONE RATIONAL FOR ONCE!

Eew, no I/O. At least they could include some "Ultra Advanced Apple USB Hub thing".

THANK YOU! SOMEONE RATIONAL FOR ONCE!

most of this forum is. x86 mac isnt tho. Apple wouldnt do this at any time, as much as they love to "know what users need better than the users" they arent stupid enough to not let said users use perihepals and external storage

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

inb4 bendt macbook airs...

Your point is completely moot, but man did it make me give a good chuckle.  +1 to you sir

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

This seems pretty far fetched to me. Sure Apple can be quick to drop inputs and such, but this rumour seems like its just completely pulled out of thin air.

Also, will everyone please stop getting upset over RUMOURS?!

I thought they used those for art and music production? Presumably that means using a drawing pad or some kind of audio input?

Can USB3.1 transmit video output?

If you're using it for that, 3.1 has enough throughput to handle multiple devices. I can see a scenario in which the production gear sits at a station, the user comes in to plug in their USB 3.1 connector and everything is run off the single port. 

Yup you can do this already via USB 2.0 external video cards which is basically just an in-line USB to DVI or HDMI connector.  Quite common for those looking to add monitors without adding a complete graphics card. 

Apple are not:

Your whole argument seems to be that they wouldn't ditch all this standard goodness for a single connector that nobody uses. 

They did this exact thing when they released the lightning connector with the iPhone - every single person in the Apple ecosystem was heavily invested in several devices/chargers/etc that ran off the old fat connector.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts.