Apple responds to bent iPhone 6 complaints, all nine of them

Dietrichw

Source

bendable-iphone-6-plus-unbox-therapy-2.j

Apple has responded to reports of the iPhone 6+ bending in pockets, Apple said that the cases of the iPhone bending through normal use are "extremely rare." Apple went on to say that only nine customers have contacted Apple since the Phone went on sale on Friday with issues of an iPhone bending in pockets. Apple also talked about how both the iPhone 6 and 6+ passed series of test to ensure the strength and durability in everyday use. The issue seems to be a manufacturing defect with either Foxconn or other companies involved with supplying parts for the iPhone

This could just be a small amount of units that were defective that got blown up on media to all hell.

I have had a defective iPhone before due to a defective display from Samsung in my iPhone 4S, Apple replaced the phone right away. I'm not worried at all about this when I am going to upgrade this year or next year

Sure...

We'll see later.Right now nothing is sure.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Doesn't help when you have a forum of amazingly biased people either.

What forum is that?`

Surely not this one...

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I bet they just didn't test the phone in such scenario and now they are trying to get away with it easily by blaming the manufacturer and addressing the problem silently.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

"Extremely rare" It's been out for less than a week..... 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Doesn't help when you have a forum of amazingly biased people either.

Biased and always extremely cynical. We can hate on nearly everything, every company and action. Not that I mind though.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Surrrrrrprise!

Of course things get blown out of proportion. It's the internet.
I wonder how many people will claim the phone bent because they went ahead and bent it to take a meme picture or make a Youtube video :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised Unbox Therapy jumped on it.

Look at the views for that video. Over 22 million. The rest of his videos? Lucky if he breaks 500,000 views...and they've been up a lot longer.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

well? are they going to be replacing bent phones? Shouldn't hurt them too much, since its "extremely rare", right?

9 reported out of 10 million + sold. Statistically that's rare.

Still only been used for a week dawg.

In 2 months this will have happened to a ton of more people 

I have seen hundreds of people on forums complaining about it Apple need to do the maths...

This forum hyped along. Shame on everybody who helped^^

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I have seen hundreds of people on forums complaining about it Apple need to do the maths...

Where?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

there is a difference between people complaining because they saw a video and people complaining because it happened to them personally 

Still only been used for a week dawg.

In 2 months this will have happened to a ton of more people 

Got proof?

People and break, thing purposely. It happens all the time to go viral. They're really that weak that they're bend in a phone a batch recall would be needed as it meant possibly thousands suffer from the weak aluminium. If it happens, it happens. I doubt it will though.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Got proof?

People and break, thing purposely. It happens all the time to go viral. They're really that weak that they're bend in a phone a batch recall would be needed as it meant possibly thousands suffer from the weak aluminium. If it happens, it happens. I doubt it will though.

What do you mean got proof? 

You saw the video on how easily it bent right? This will happen a lot more for sure. 

What do you mean got proof? 

You saw the video on how easily it bent right? This will happen a lot more for sure. 

Proof that it's a defect in them all, and that more and more are going to surface.

Take someone stronger than the person in the video, or hell just someone else and a % of those will be able to break or bend any other phone.

I still doubt they really bend when in a pocket. As it stands with the proof available,  9/10000000+ doesn't mean they're all defective, or it will happen to more.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

There have  only been nine reported cases so far?  That is a lot less then I was under the impression of.  That's good news and should be a relief to any owners or would be owners out there.  Always appreciate getting the data from the horses mouth.  Seen anything a bit more specific about the defects?  can't imagine it being anything other the either the glass or the housing.

Might go for the 5s instead of the 6. I really want to get back into iOS and the last generation even looks better. (imo)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Apple needs to address the long term concern of bending over time, either by outright saying 'It's due to aluminium, nothing we can do', or that they will remedy the situation. Either would be appropriate at this point in time, just to stop the constant arguing.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

well? are they going to be replacing bent phones? Shouldn't hurt them too much, since its "extremely rare", right?

By all accounts they replace iPhones for little to no reason regardless of warranty status. So maybe? lol

There have  only been nine reported cases so far?  That is a lot less then I was under the impression of.  That's good news and should be a relief to any owners or would be owners out there.  Always appreciate getting the data from the horses mouth.  Seen anything a bit more specific about the defects?  can't imagine it being anything other the either the glass or the housing.

They said they have received 9 complaints, not only nine cases. Still, if this happened to a product I'd had a week and was under warranty, I'd definitely consider returning it, rather than being like, "hmmph. That's unhelpful. Let's do nothing about this."