Apple responds to bent iPhone 6 complaints, all nine of them

Dietrichw

Stainless doesn't have the same problem as regular steel, so it could work. But stainless steel is also more expensive to manufacture.

So, Stainless steel could work, just not regular steel.

If I remember right, stainless is about equal to aluminium in cost. Not to mention that a stainless steel phone, if higher in price, would have higher resale value.

Also you could knock someone out by throwing it at their head.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If I remember right, stainless is about equal to aluminium in cost. Not to mention that a stainless steel phone, if higher in price, would have higher resale value.

The steel used in the iPhone 4 was magical.

Really wish Apple would revert to it. Aluminum is far too soft of a metal.

Holy shit pal, If it happened to 9 in less than a week, it's bound to happen to a lot more with more wear on the phone. 

If you don't really take care of your phone, no shit something is going to happen to it.

If I remember correctly, the price of stainless steel increase drastically as the grade of stainless also increases. Lower grades are roughly the same price, but higher quality grades can get expensive fast.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I still say that if men would stop wearing women's pants, this shit wouldn't be happening.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

9 reported out of 10 million + sold. Statistically that's rare.

+1

Not only is that extremely rare, it's actually pretty good. All new products have a certain percentage which "Do not conform". Any company with half decent customer service just replaces the defective ones. There's so much hype & hysteria about one particular phone, "bendgate" has been blown way out of proportion.

watch his note 3 bending afterwards.

Are you telling me the Iphone he was bending happened to be one of those nine? Don't think so, Iphone's always been rubbish in my opinion.

Because everybody bends their phones as hard as they can in everyday usage right?

Stainless doesn't have the same problem as regular steel, so it could work. But stainless steel is also more expensive to manufacture.

So, Stainless steel could work, just not regular steel.

Which is why I brought it up... I wonder why the manufacturers haven't considered it? (or at least publicized that they conisdered it)

ERH MERGH GERHD! Recall all Samsumg Galaxy S4s! Bendgate is spreading....

http://youtu.be/cc1jp0IyLCQ

Apply enough force and anyone can break/bend a current smart phone.

So much sensationalism.

I know I could bend and probably break my OnePlus One, doesn't mean I'm going to do it to try it.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The thing is, this is Apple. This isn't Gateway. One constantly markets it's build quality while the other is regarded as a "meh" prebuilt company. Apple has themselves to blame for hyping their own build quality over the years. Think of it this way. If you got a bad burger from Mcdonalds, it's Mcdonalds. That stuff isn't even that great when cooked properly. This is like someone famous getting food poisoning from a very prestigious restaurant. That kind of stuff spreads like wildfire and ruins reputation. 

Also to the above poster, just about /anything/ will break with enough force if it's a consumer electronic. When it bends from normal use, only a blind fanboy can make up excuses for that. Apple goofed and the quantity isn't even that high compared to the number of units sold. While the memes are funny, this is blown out of proportion. Still, using thin alu for a phone wasn't a wise decision.

Damage Control FTW!

They should also say it's 9/10 000 000 units, without mentioning half of them are on pre-order.

I wonder how many happy 6/6+ users haven't noticed anything yet.

Doesn't help when you have a forum of amazingly biased people either.

Can confirm; am biased.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Because everybody bends their phones as hard as they can in everyday usage right?

It's a clear difference in quality, and it sure as hell does not justify it's 2.0x multiplier price

Apple says only 9 contacted them, but how many people would've gone to their wireless carrier instead? The iPhone 6 Plus hasn't been out that long either, more time will tell if it is a common issue.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I don't think it was going to be good for any phone when people decided that they should sit on it, would you do that to a graphics card or a DIM?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

Still iShit for me.Dumb ass apple,I hope this fucking company gets fucked up.

Have you guyz seen this ? i am not biased, i like apple , but this caught my eye , it's from reviewtechUSA

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Yadda yadda yadda sensationalism, yadda yadda yadda Apple sux, yep, this is definitely the LinusTechTips forum. Seriously, this was nine phones? Out of over 10 million? I've seen countless articles online, and even one in the newspaper about this for...NINE...PHONES. I'm all for hating Apple, but can't people find better reasons for it than exceedingly rare manufacturing defects?

Heck, I wouldn't even hate Apple if more than half their fan base didn't buy Apple products solely because they're Apple. I'm all for smart buying decisions. If you buy Apple because of the superb build quality and beautiful designs in their products, go right ahead. If you are used to using Apple operating systems and don't want to switch, then more power to you. If you want a sleek, thin laptop that's extremely portable and even has an SSD, that's great! But what I hate is when people DON'T buy products for redeeming features such as those in favor of blind brand loyalty. A kid in my class, even though I provided good reasons why both Apple and Windows machines have their strong and weak points in a manner such as to be as objective as possible, he wouldn't listen, which caused me to call him an idiot, which in turn got me in trouble. That's what I hate. That's what I will fight against with all my might.

I beseech everyone on this forum, do not blindly go with or against a company. Consider both the merits and downsides of their products. If you simply hate Apple because it's Apple, you are as bad as those who do the opposite. You are still blinded by sensationalism and skewed facts. I could even call you sheep. In the past, I did this myself, but I now realize how foolish I was. I came to terms with the fact that Apple doesn't completely suck, and that many of my problems with them are rooted within its consumer base and the fact that certain products of theirs are overpriced for the hardware you get, but that can be justified given that Apple seems to love stuffing computers in the smallest form factor possible, which drives up cost.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Yadda yadda yadda sensationalism, yadda yadda yadda Apple sux, yep, this is definitely the LinusTechTips forum. Seriously, this was nine phones? Out of over 10 million? I've seen countless articles online, and even one in the newspaper about this for...NINE...PHONES. I'm all for hating Apple, but can't people find better reasons for it than exceedingly rare manufacturing defects?

Heck, I wouldn't even hate Apple if more than half their fan base didn't buy Apple products solely because they're Apple. I'm all for smart buying decisions. If you buy Apple because of the superb build quality and beautiful designs in their products, go right ahead. If you are used to using Apple operating systems and don't want to switch, then more power to you. If you want a sleek, thin laptop that's extremely portable and even has an SSD, that's great! But what I hate is when people DON'T buy products for redeeming features such as those in favor of blind brand loyalty. A kid in my class, even though I provided good reasons why both Apple and Windows machines have their strong and weak points in a manner such as to be as objective as possible, he wouldn't listen, which caused me to call him an idiot, which in turn got me in trouble. That's what I hate. That's what I will fight against with all my might.

I beseech everyone on this forum, do not blindly go with or against a company. Consider both the merits and downsides of their products. If you simply hate Apple because it's Apple, you are as bad as those who do the opposite. You are still blinded by sensationalism and skewed facts. I could even call you sheep. In the past, I did this myself, but I now realize how foolish I was. I came to terms with the fact that Apple doesn't completely suck, and that many of my problems with them are rooted within its consumer base and the fact that certain products of theirs are overpriced for the hardware you get, but that can be justified given that Apple seems to love stuffing computers in the smallest form factor possible, which drives up cost.

I really hate the bitching about people buying Apple products just because it's Apple. Umm..Yeah, that's called buying something you have a preference for based on past experience. Something every bloody consumer does! It doesn't matter what kind of product it is when you develop an amount of trust that the company will provide a quality product you are much more likely to buy from them with little to no qualms about it and be reasonably sure that you won't have a bad experience. We're human, it's what we do. As much as we try to say we don't do it we still do. It's only blind if you are buying something with no prior experience with the company and the range of products. Millions of people have had good experiences with Apple devices and continue to buy them. If they didn't make good phones that people loved they wouldn't continue to sell well to those people. Same reason people will swear by Samsung or HTC or any phone manufacturer that tends to make good quality phones. If HTC released a M9 tomorrow and I had the money I'd buy it without needing to watch a single review on the thing because of my experience with M7 and the reports out there from M8 owners. It's not blind, it's a belief in HTC knowing what the hell they're doing and being capable of delivering a great product that is better than the one I currently have.

Yep, all of Apple's customers are blind, all 50 million of us.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yep, all of Apple's customers are blind, all 50 million of us.

Yup, every average person who walks through a mall, average people who don't even know eccentrics like us exist on internet forums, are blind. 

So sue Apple for winning at at the marketing game and knowing how to get SALES. The keystone of any publicly traded company in the modern age. 

I really hate the bitching about people buying Apple products just because it's Apple. Umm..Yeah, that's called buying something you have a preference for based on past experience. Something every bloody consumer does! It doesn't matter what kind of product it is when you develop an amount of trust that the company will provide a quality product you are much more likely to buy from them with little to no qualms about it and be reasonably sure that you won't have a bad experience. We're human, it's what we do. As much as we try to say we don't do it we still do. It's only blind if you are buying something with no prior experience with the company and the range of products. Millions of people have had good experiences with Apple devices and continue to buy them. If they didn't make good phones that people loved they wouldn't continue to sell well to those people. Same reason people will swear by Samsung or HTC or any phone manufacturer that tends to make good quality phones. If HTC released a M9 tomorrow and I had the money I'd buy it without needing to watch a single review on the thing because of my experience with M7 and the reports out there from M8 owners. It's not blind, it's a belief in HTC knowing what the hell they're doing and being capable of delivering a great product that is better than the one I currently have.

Oh, so by this way of thinking, are Apple's phones inherently better than Samsung's or HTC's because they sell more? Or is it marketing that Apple used to make people only THINK they are better? I don't care if people buy their stuff because they've had good experiences in the past; that's a perfectly acceptable thing to do. But the way people do the "buy it cuz it's Apple and automatically better than everything else" thing is what really gets me. I know it's marketing, I know Apple is really good at it, but I just don't like that. I guess I don't like it when any company gets their consumers to do that. What I really wish is that I could do something about it.

Anyway, this discussion is over. I'm tired of Apple talk.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.