adblock users are questionable

chimmychunger

ok so i just looked at my youtube analistics and saw how many views i had/how many i actually got paid for.

orange = people who dont have adblock

blue = total views

see the difference the gap is mostly people who use adblock, if this is what my views are like i wonder what they are like for bigger guys

post-600-0-79738000-1410306200.png

Wow, that's a lot.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No, YouTube is typically a larger dick for implementing obscenely obtrusive advertisements. I don't use AdBlock, but I can see why people keep it enabled.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I don't use adblock out of a mistrust of adblock.

That being said, I'm getting tired of unskipable ads that have nothing to sell me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't even think this is an accurate representation of adblockers. Sometimes people might have clicked away from the video, maybe you didn't get enough views on a video for a CPM payment (if it's in single digits then 120 certainly isn't), or they were watching it on a device that had ads disabled for some reason.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Call me a dick.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't use adblock for two reasons...

Firstly, I want to support content creators.
Secondly, I don't really mind adverts that much, as long as they are not too frequent, too intrusive, too long, or just badly integrated, I actually don't mind.  Youtube handles adverts pretty well in my opinion.

Adblockers are dicks because you voluntarily chose to make money a certain way, and they didn't agree with it.

Dicks? Mhm. So I can use it because I'm a pussy? :ph34r: Your logic

Turning it off on youtube.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Adblockers are dicks because you voluntarily chose to make money a certain way, and they didn't agree with it.

they agree to get free content and (forget that theses stats are mine) the only way that is gonna happen is if the guys making the content get paid and ads are the answer, and whats wrong with 30 seconds of bordom, 

Call me a dick.

diq

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Call me a dick.

richard 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

richard 

Richard. Richard Cranium.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

they agree to get free content and (forget that theses stats are mine) the only way that is gonna happen is if the guys making the content get paid and ads are the answer, and whats wrong with 30 seconds of bordom, 

what's wrong is when you get spammed by ads up the wazoo

have you ever tried listening to a youtube playlist without Adblock? You probably won't make it through 5 songs without breaking something.

Nobody has to turn off adblock if they don't want to. It's their freedom to choose if they want to be served ads or not.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere in the YouTube agreement does it state that you must not have adblocking software to receive free content. The selling point to the user is that it was free all along, the marketing gimmick of paying with pupils isn't inherently a part of it.

YouTube is regarded as free without strings (unless there was some amendment, I'm unaware) what software I happen to run shouldn't be an issue.

On the internet "free" is usually a misapplication of the word and concept, but I'm still holding YouTube to that standard regardless.

Error: 410

qPBq2GR.jpg?1

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

facepalm

dont make youtube videos for the money....

Oh god...not this thread again.

I have AdBlock disabled on LinusTechTIps and always watch YouTube on my iPad with the Youtube app so no harm done there.

richard 

Stupidissimo.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D