adblock users are questionable

chimmychunger

OP, its not addblock mainly, youtube doesn't monetize views that didn't come from desktop, people watching on tv, set boxes, consoles, phones, etc doesn't have adds ATM (idk if youtube has at least implemented video adds on other platforms, since i only watch on my desktop) which account for more that 50% of global views on youtube these days, this is one of the reason last year changed the monetization method

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

they agree to get free content and (forget that theses stats are mine) the only way that is gonna happen is if the guys making the content get paid and ads are the answer, and whats wrong with 30 seconds of bordom, 

They agreed to free content, and that's the end of the viewers' part of that contract. You've chosen to be paid by an advertiser through an intermediary (I'm assuming?) who cleverly shifts responsibility to viewers. If you want more money, you either negotiated poorly or they feel it isn't worth their investment. If you want viewers to be responsible, they should be involved in that contract, but they aren't currently.

I have it disabled on certain sites. I.E linustechtips.com

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

facepalm

dont make youtube videos for the money....

facepalm

i dont, but here's one for ya, smosh. if they got no ad revenue how good do you think their video's would be, the production values would plummet, hey if i did youtuibe for the money i would be complaining that i only earnt a doller from this. but im not

too much unneded ads information fills my brain storage, it says free then i want free...

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

Call me a dick.

Towel...

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

facepalm

i dont, but here's one for ya, smosh. if they got no ad revenue how good do you think their video's would be, the production values would plummet, hey if i did youtuibe for the money i would be complaining that i only earnt a doller from this. but im not

If they received no ad revenue, they might not even take that much of a hit because they likely don't even rely on it [citation needed]

Why do you seem to think YouTube is a place for production values anyway? It was never originally designed to sustain people making videos.

YouTube isn't made for people to making a living off of it, people just happen to do it anyway.

Error: 410

If I wouldn't get a god damn ad before my video plays I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Ads are fine. The ones that impede smooth sailing are the worst.

But the worst ones? The flashy ones that say, "CONGRATS!!!!! YOU'RE THE 100000TH VISITOR!! COMPLETE THIS SURVEY TO RECEIVE YOUR NEW MACBOOK AIR!" all in caps, comic sans, and GREEN.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sorry but I don't really care that an advertisement manager thinks I am a dick for using adblock.

To me that's like a thief complaining about people locking their doors. Ads have become so widespread, overused and annoying that I think adblock is crucial if I want to have a decent browsing experience. I unblock websites I think have acceptable ads but sadly, that list is really small right now. YouTube is one of the worst offenders when it comes to ads.

wow i didn't know not "paying" people for the content they freely provide was being an asshole

on a serious note, that is why I don't use adblock

its not free, if they monetize the video they are making the video on the basis of them getting payed by ads

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Pfff

10 times as many, and you'll make enough for a cup of coffee. 

Call me and my 75k blocked ads a dick all you want, I'll still use adblock.

What does bother me though, is people who refuse cookies. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Hey I use adblock, but just not on youtube and LTT' Forums, I have to use it on sites where they may have pop up ads or something that general is not safe, we ain't dicks, we just use it for some sites, but those who do use it for Youtube are.. But to be frank, you should not expected to be paid by youtube anyway, the amount of people with adblock is high, and they don't give two fucks if you get money or not

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Hey I use adblock, but just not on youtube and LTT' Forums, I have to use it on sites where they may have pop up ads or something that general is not safe, we ain't dicks, we just use it for some sites, but those who do use it for Youtube are.. But to be frank, you should not expected to be paid by youtube anyway, the amount of people with adblock is high, and they don't give two fucks if you get money or not

This is getting bad. Really fast, Well Ima kiss YouTube goodbye cause Google will abandon the servers at this rate.

It's kinda like everyone is in a house and people who use adblock are sitting on the roof and people who don't are helping keep it standing. Well soon people sitting on the roof is gonna be to much and everyone is gonna have a bad time when that house comes crashing down.

And if the people who sit on the roof aren't dicks well okay, Take it however you want.

But I don't want my house to fall due to freelancers on the roof.

This qualifies for all ad supported services and websites and not just Youtube.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

It's not always ad block users

Anyone who is using a youtube option extension (something that modifies youtube to make it look better) has a built-in youtube ad blocker.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

This is getting bad. Really fast, Well Ima kiss YouTube goodbye cause Google will abandon the servers at this rate.

It's kinda like everyone is in a house and people who use adblock are sitting on the roof and people who don't are helping keep it standing. Well soon people sitting on the roof is gonna be to much and everyone is gonna have a had time when that house comes crashing down.

And if the people who sit on the roof aren't dicks well okay, Take it however you want.

But I don't want my house to fall due to freelancers on the roof.

This qualiys for all ad supported services and websites and not just Youtube.

that is the best way i have ever heard it described, i 100% agree with you

ok so i just looked at my youtube analistics and saw how many views i had/how many i actually got paid for.

orange = people who dont have adblock

blue = total views

see the difference the gap is mostly people who use adblock, if this is what my views are like i wonder what they are like for bigger guys

adblovk.png

Go complain to Google that their way of delivering ads is too interruptive annoying. Go tell them they need to go back to the way things were, on the sides of the pages not making noise or flashing or anything and just being a simple ad. Get your friends to do it. Get everyone you know that it affects to do it.

Otherwise don't complain about it. Because i'm going to continue to block ads. Until they stop getting in my way of doing things, they're going to be blocked. And it's YOUR responsibility as someone being hurt by it to go to them and say "hey this is hurting my bottom line because of the way you guys do this, perhaps if it were more like this maybe it wouldn't be so bad". Because yes there's always going to be people that block all ads because screw it, but there's a majority of us who just want ads to stop interrupting me from reading text on a web page, or watching a video, or being loud and obnoxious while I don't want to hear anything or maybe i'm listening to music or watching a video on my other screen.

Do something about it, or get over it.

It's kinda like everyone is in a house...

Let's stop there.  That analogy, while very nice, is not apt at all.

Let's stop there. That analogy, while very nice, is not apt at all.

How so? I guess it depends on what happens when a whole bunch of people are in your house I guess.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Adblock or die.  

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!