adblock users are questionable

chimmychunger

ok so i just looked at my youtube analistics and saw how many views i had/how many i actually got paid for.

orange = people who dont have adblock

blue = total views

see the difference the gap is mostly people who use adblock, if this is what my views are like i wonder what they are like for bigger guys

They're dicks because they're not wasting their own time, and not giving you money?

My sides.

I wonder how much money each of these ad views generate.

perhaps a 10$ donation covers hours of watching ads.

Idk, do they dynamicly choose the ads targeted for you? so atleast im informed on things I actually care about.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Look I use adblock because most ads have nothing to do with the content and or are insanely annoying. I disable it on youtube but for most other sites it more of a thing I use to keep the junk out when I'm just trying to read something. If ads where less intrusive then I would turn it off but, oh well.

"Peek-a-boo, you ****s, you!"

And this is why Adblock exists in every device in existence

Hell even my Toaster has Adblock.

I just realised, the internet is a free place, most of us can do the fuck we want and not care what people call us

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I wonder how much money each of these ad views generate.

perhaps a 10$ donation covers hours of watching ads.

Idk, do they dynamicly choose the ads targeted for you? so atleast im informed on things I actually care about.

There was an article in the New York times that said the average YouTube CPM (cost per 1000 views) in 2013 was $7.60. So that's 0.76 cents per view. So you could watch about 1300 thirty second adverts and contribute roughly $10. That would be about 11 hours of continuous adverts.

YMMV

I don't use adblock out of a mistrust of adblock.

That being said, I'm getting tired of unskipable ads that have nothing to sell me.

Exactly the same for me!     "stop smoking and save your health"   wtf?!    im 15   why would i smoke?    lol    ( i know youtube doesnt know my age (hopefully) but really?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Exactly the same for me!     "stop smoking and save your health"   wtf?!    im 15   why would i smoke?    lol    ( i know youtube doesnt know my age (hopefully) but really?

Lol I agree with you, but the irony is I'm a smoker and I've smoked since I was about 14.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Pretty sure Adblock doesn't block YT ads- I have it, and still see them.

Though, I have a special filter so non-inrusive ads (like those on LTT) don't get blocked, as they support the people.

But for sites like NYT and Gizmodo, I can't read shit without being bombarded by ads. Remember those Office 365 ads with the noxious orange? Gizmodo had FOUR of them on the page at once. It was ridiculous. 

disable it for some youtuber such as, Rhett and Link, LinusTechTips (and all other channels made by Linus), Woodysgamertag, FPSRussia, etc anyone who I would pay to watch,  I disable adblock for. 

Rhett and Link FTW

Lol I agree with you, but the irony is I'm a smoker and I've smoked since I was about 14.

well that's a major lol

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

well that's a major lol

Meh. I wish I'd never started, but it's fucking hard as hell to quit, especially when you spend 24 hours a day with an emotionally abusive, manipulative family that you hate and plan to abandon.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The only reason I got adblocker was because of youtubes long unskipable ads

The reason why I keep adblock on is because if I enjoy your content that much, I will actually give you a donation or support you in another way. If you wanted to make money off a video, just make me pay for it upfront and not bitch about me not watching your ad because to me that makes me feel like you make videos for personal gain as the main reason, not for my entertainment. If a youtuber asked me to drop a like if I liked the video and I did, I will. I just don't think watching a 30 second ad is worth my time for every other video I watch.

Meh. I wish I'd never started, but it's fucking hard as hell to quit, especially when you spend 24 hours a day with an emotionally abusive, manipulative family that you hate and plan to abandon.

i'm sorry that you have to go through that. compared to that I have absolutely zero problems.

am i mistaken, or is there something wrong with the thread title in relatedness; it should read: 'adblock users have dicks ( and some are female too)'

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

Sorry mate, but I ain't gonna risk my $2500+ rig to ad-delivered drive-by viruses by turning off AdBlock/Plus, No(t)Scripts, ScriptSafe, Ghostery, FlashBlock, NoCountryRedirect, ScriptBlock and other browser extensions/add-ons I use to cover my fucking arse for 1-off videos, just so someone can get a few cents from ads whilst those running the ad servers can skim a shit-tonne of data about me without prior permission.

LTT gets white-listed in ABP and Ghostery because they asked nicely, but places like the Escapist (who not only beat the proverbial shit out of users on the forum who use or USED ABP in the past <see: Jimquisition episode and comment thread about Ad Blocking>, but also fill the site with enough ads that can cripple a beast of a rig) not only stay on my list of sites that ABP/Ghostery is kept enabled but are also on my "don't fucking bother with these cunts" list of places to never use again.

Places like ThatGuyWithTheGlasses and Blip (for content creators I can't access otherwise), I access in an extension-less browser in a VM so they still get ad revenue but I don't risk my system to a stray advert that might sneak through Blip's screening processes, because folks like Doug Walker & Linkara ASKED for their viewers to at least try and watch their stuff without ad blocking, instead of assuming everyone who watched with ad blocking to protect their arses and not waste extra time to get the wanted content were being dicks.

I'm personally experimenting with ads on my YT videos, and funny enough the two most popular ones I have - HAVE NO ADS & NO MONETISATION.

On smaller Yutube Channels and by Linus I always let the ad play all the way though. Sometimes I even click on it.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

God bless adblock and noscript. I have no idea what I'd do without the two.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Call me a dick, I use it because I dislike wasting time watching the ads of which 0 relate to me (damnit google, I thought you were better at this).

i can see all im getting is hate from this thread but i still 100% agree with what im saying let me just leave this here