adblock users are questionable

chimmychunger

@helping

@elkenrod

@

0_0

If you want to watch a video without ads go watch a non monitized video on YouTube. Oh wait, those videos suck since they have very little production value.

People make good quality YouTube videos since they get paid , not from the kindness of their hearts Like you folks are suggesting.

In my eyes that's just you saying

>Google shouldn't put ads and just run YouTube's for free forever since they already have enough money and they should be nice.

>YouTubers should get a job and Make YouTube videos for Your entertainment for free and Have no ads.

>Any website that has ads I block since I don't want to see them and the guys who run the site should just get jobs and pay for the servers themselves or shut down the servers.

Wtf is wrong with you people. Nothing works like that. Soon you would end up with a internet with no content on it.

try looking at what your doing from my perspective rather than your own whiny selfish ones.

0_0

By that logic everything on Youtube must have started out with phenomenal budgets to not suck. Do you need heaps money to produce decent content? No you don't. Do you need a professional studio to make Youtube videos? No you don't. Youtube is perfect as amateur, I don't want your high production values. Youtube isn't even intended for high production value. You don't need that much at all to make decent content. It can help make it better, but throwing money at shit won't make it shine (metaphorically)

People make good quality videos on Youtube since they like doing that and enjoy it as their passion. Not because drones that click on ads make it rain for them. If they joined Youtube to make money, then force them out. 

Google can put ads if they want, but if they insist on making them an anal tumor to the viewer, then this is what happens. Forced to watch advertisement to get content delivery is a nope for me. From the current shit model Youtube already makes excess based on the fact that they pay out.

Yea, they should get a job if they need money. They should make videos for my entertainment for free and have no ads (beyond unreasonable, because I know you'll take this shit out of context). They're not there to make money, because making videos for fun and to entertain others is the entire freaking point of Youtube.

Your last >greentext is laughable, please stop.

Wtf is wrong with you, lol.

Error: 410

Man, it's so awesome to read that from you, knowing you're only making YouTube videos for the money!

High production values? Yeah maybe on Linus' side of things, but look at Seannaners and PewDiePie. It's literally just the initial investment of hardware(around $800), then you can pirate Sony Vegas for editing and DXTory for recording or use something free like OBS and then make your videos. Oh and don't forget a webcam for reactions to increase montary value(around $50 for a decent one) and if you want to create thumbnails for your videos, just pirate Photoshop like everyone else.

It literally costs nothing to make YouTube videos, you just need the personality. That's what sells.

well you must be very blind. i am not doing if for money i have been uploading 4 times a day for 8 months and have made $1 so if i was doing it for money i would have quit a long time ago

Come on guys.

YouTube is a video sharing website, and sharing is caring, right?

Or something like that. 

well you must be very blind. i am not doing if for money i have been uploading 4 times a day for 8 months and have made $1 so if i was doing it for money i would have quit a long time ago

Hey, you're the one complaining here, not me. You come here and post a thread complaining about your revenue on YouTube and how Adblock users are "dicks". So pretty much everyone is going to assume you are only in it for the money, otherwise why would you complain? Adblock users aren't effecting you, but you feel the need to post a useless thread that you know isn't going to anywhere, especially on a tech forum that uses adblock mainly to deter virus possibilites while having the benefit of blocking annoying ads.

Instead, why don't you complain to Google and have them start creating URLs under the content creator's YouTube name, so adblock users can whitelist a whole channel if they want instead of having to whitelist all of YouTube?

You're just wasting your time here.

Come on guys.

YouTube is a video sharing website, and sharing is caring, right?

Or something like that. 

Error: 410

Hey, you're the one complaining here, not me. You come here and post a thread complaining about your revenue on YouTube and how Adblock users are "dicks". So pretty much everyone is going to assume you are only in it for the money, otherwise why would you complain? Adblock users aren't effecting you, but you feel the need to post a useless thread that you know isn't going to anywhere, especially on a tech forum that uses adblock mainly to deter virus possibilites while having the benefit of blocking annoying ads.

Instead, why don't you complain to Google and have them start creating URLs under the content creator's YouTube name, so adblock users can whitelist a whole channel if they want instead of having to whitelist all of YouTube?

You're just wasting your time here.

i posted this thread as a genral adblockers are dicks thread the only reason i used mt stats were coz they were the only ones o had access to 

Pretty sure people who do use YouTube as a means of a living income have already anticipated the possible lost in revenue due to people using adblock, and act accordingly to not be in a shit hole. 

This whole thread is basically like a small sub-section of the whole online piracy argument that have been going on for ages. 

No, YouTube is typically a larger dick for implementing obscenely obtrusive advertisements. I don't use AdBlock, but I can see why people keep it enabled.

This. Also,

311ZZF0CBKL.jpg

and

Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

Edited by eLucid

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

This. Also,

311ZZF0CBKL.jpg

Place your Putin gif please.

If they're doing it for a living, they earn that money. That isn't something to be deserved. They could have chosen to block ads on their own and ask for donations to support themselves, but they didn't. They've chosen to be supported through ads. If they worked really hard on whatever, there should be no shame in asking for donations. You're free to say I'm a dick for it, but my interest in watching videos created by people that call me a dick (especially for these reasons) is nil.

I'm not saying they deserve the money. I'm just saying that if you're going to watch a 10 minute video, and can't handle a video potentially as short as 5 seconds at the start of it, that's a bit of a dick move, if you aren't donating already.

well, alright then

I guess.

no u

Ads after every damn view on YouTube is annoying.  I have been tempted to put AdBlock up again for that very reason.  If they have to have loads of ads please make them shorter than what we get on tv because if not I just mute them or ignore them right now. Seriously I understand in this world the way it is people have to make money but I think the message they are trying to send can be done in a shorter amount of time.  In fact not even just with YouTube am I annoyed.  I think at times Linus and Slick in their live The WAN Show go on too long about products.  It really needs to stop.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ads can go to hell. So im a dick. Tell me something new.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I use adblock, however I mostly watch youtube videos on my phone/tablet now so I still see all the ads. Honestly I just think there has to be a better way... the people making ads need to be the people figuring out how to make better content that I'm willing to watch. I wish people could pick what they wanted their ads to be, maybe they would be closer related to what you are watching. The number of times I've watched a video game review and seen a beer commercial is too high!

But that's just my opinion. Youtube ads aren't really why I have adblock, I have it because of banner ads/fake download links and other kind of stuff that adblock helps get rid of. It's also one of the first things I put on all the PCs I work on for friends and relatives and it has cut down on a lot of the random crap people install that I had to clean off.

I block ads on youtube and pretty much every other site by default but I've whitelisted on twitch and a lot of other sites. Plus lately I've only really been using my PC for browsing youtube rather than watching my subs. About 80% of the time I'm actually watching new LTT videos on my TV which doesn't even support ads. And if they start doing ads on the TV? Yeah, I'll probably still watch them on the TV.

It's one thing to watch a 30 second ad before a 10min video from a youtuber you support. It's an entirely different thing to have to sit through ads when you're just browsing youtube more generally. Not to mention that with general youtube browsing rather than the "sit down and watch" sort of content the instinct is always to skip the ad anyways. LTT? Ok, cool.... but most of the time I'm looking at videos like this....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

This is getting crazy. Even the YouTubers making gaming "play through" content that nobody even wants to watch are complaining about people not wanting to watch adverts to watch their content that nobody wants to watch.

LMAO.

GG

If you want to watch a video without ads go watch a non monitized video on YouTube. Oh wait, those videos suck since they have very little production value.

People make good quality YouTube videos since they get paid , not from the kindness of their hearts Like you folks are suggesting.

I disagree that those videos suck. Actually, I thought YouTube was quite a lot better (content wise) back when you needed to become a partner to monetize videos.Back then we had far more people making videos just for fun, instead of "I am totally going to become the next PewDiePie".

I am not going to link to a bunch of YouTube channels which doesn't monetize their videos since you could just say their videos sucks (even if I think they are good). Instead I will point you towards a lot of the original YouTubers like Smosh and Nigahiga.

They didn't start making videos because they got paid. They started making videos because they thought it was fun. I think you are devaluing their work by saying that they are only doing it because they get paid. They genuinely like doing what they do, and have proven that they would do it without getting paid.

Sure they might not have been able to put in as much time as they are currently doing if they didn't get paid, but more time does not necessarily mean better videos.

I only use adblok because I get REALLY annoying frequent popups all of the time which means I unfortunately have to block ltt :(

Dont worry Linus and crew, for I WILL BUY A T-SHIRT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

nope. i just don't have time to sit there a watch ads. and i don't need all the ads clogging up my amazingly fast internet. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Pretty sure everyone knows many people use adblock and are dicks. Stop whining.

i spend a lot of time on youtube, watching a 30sec un-skip-able ad on half of the videos i watch would drive me crazy

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

disable it for some youtuber such as, Rhett and Link, LinusTechTips (and all other channels made by Linus), Woodysgamertag, FPSRussia, etc anyone who I would pay to watch,  I disable adblock for.