Harley-Davidson is making an electric motorcycle

Dietrichw

Harley-Davidson appears to be just a day away from unveiling an electric motorcycle, and it's teasing the new bike on YouTube. In a video, a (relatively) quiet motorcycle whizzes down a highway, letting out a sharp, almost sci-fi sound that you certainly don't hear from noisy gas vehicles. That it's an electric cycle is all speculation for now, but there's some reason beyond the video to suspect that this is in fact what's coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7u9DTfE14M

A little pointless since the rumble of the motor is a major point in having a big motorcycle. 

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/18/5822094/harley-davidson-electric-motorcycle-teaser-video

http://time.com/2896897/harley-davidson-electric-motorcycle/

Images from full release- Project Live Wire

5.jpg

with Harley-Davidson ditching the full classic Harley look and going with a sportier more modern look with classic hints in it, I WANT ONE.

but I'm a college student and broke

A little pointless since the rumble of the motor is a major point in having a big motorcycle.

Exactly, this thing shouldn't exist. It doesn't deserve to!

I can't see the greasy leatherbacks giving up their noise.

Harleys are very inefficient and slow anyway, they are not chosen by their riders for efficiency but because of the way they look and sound.

OMG, that is freaking sick. Not my style, but great for the weekend worriers lol

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

That sound is the future.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I feel a disturbance in the force.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Maybe they can insert a 800watt speaker that reproduces the characteristic noise...?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

ugh

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's neat, but it's not like Harley. I just hate all of the assholes that try to make their bikes as loud as possible. Like the one guy we got arrested by making him drive by the police station and his exhaust was so loud that they could hear it insude the building.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yuck. Does Harley-Davidson keep any contact with their consumer base? Whoever buys one of these would be the laughing stock of any other "true" Harley rider.

People who knock the loud noise don't understand the danger of a quiet bike. Noise is one way we let ignorant drivers see us. Most motorcycle accidents are caused by careless drivers. A loud noise let's stupid drivers notice us sooner

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Doesn't sound like a Harley. But electric bikes are a great idea and can be marketed to a different demographic.

Many people ride bikes in the city since its easier to find a park, not because they care about the bikes noise.

Co-incidentally it is also the reason for compensating for much smaller things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7u9DTfE14M

And that is why other people hate motorcyclists. And why south park redefined the word "fag" to mean loud obnoxious harley rider.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

People who knock the loud noise don't understand the danger of a quiet bike. Noise is one way we let ignorant drivers see us. Most motorcycle accidents are caused by careless drivers. A loud noise let's stupid drivers notice us sooner

Here's another very effective way not to die with your brains spilling out of your skull and your limbs scattered through the pavement: Don't drive a fucking motorcycle, drive a cheap old car that at least gives you a realistic chance of survival.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Here's another very effective way not to die with your brains spilling out of your skull and your limbs scattered through the pavement: Don't drive a fucking motorcycle, drive a cheap old car that at least gives you a realistic chance of survival.

Motorcyclists cause the lowest percentages of accidents out there. Where I live accidents are the biggest cause of road fatalities.

I've been in three accidents. One in a landcruiser, one in a large sedan and one on a motorbike. All three caused by other drivers in old shitty safer cars like you claimed, two of which the driver in the other car died. The motorbike one is the one one I walked away from. Motorbikes are only dangerous, because of the ineptitude of drivers or if you ride recklessly.

The amount of times being on a bike vs a car has saved my ass is 7. Seven accidents I avoided due to being on a lighter, more manoeuvrable and quicker to stop vehicle.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

With all respect piss off with this statement. You're a vehicle on the road, behave like one. You don't get any special treatment above a standard car, you're lighter than a standard car, and you're the one attempting Darwin awards when speeding between lanes because you're a bike, and expect other users to make changing lanes a dance of looking into all mirrors 3 times before you make a move. A loud noise makes a loud noise, not jumping out from nowhere makes you visible. It's the same problem with cyclists and being a part of that community makes me ashamed most of the time, everyone hates each other but there's 1 truth, the guy in the car will often drive off, and so will you, in a hearse.

Never really wanted a motorcycle...now I kind of want a Harley.

- CoolerMaster CM II Advanced - Core i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz - ASUS Z87 Sabertooth - EVGA GTX 460 SC - 8 Gb Mushckin Enhanced Silverline -

- 120Gb Intel 320 SSD - 1TB WD Caviar Black - BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair TX750W -

Motorcyclists cause the lowest percentages of accidents out there. Where I live accidents are the biggest cause of road fatalities.

I've been in three accidents. One in a landcruiser, one in a large sedan and one on a motorbike. All three caused by other drivers in old shitty safer cars like you claimed, two of which the driver in the other car died. The motorbike one is the one one I walked away from. Motorbikes are only dangerous, because of the ineptitude of drivers or if you ride recklessly.

The amount of times being on a bike vs a car has saved my ass is 7. Seven accidents I avoided due to being on a lighter, more manoeuvrable and quicker to stop vehicle.

That doesn't changes the fact that you're knowingly getting exposed to jackasses on 1 ton of steel vehicules with barely more than your puny little flesh and the cotton clothes on your body.

I'd love a world in which all people would be really responsible drivers but if that's not the case, I want my own 1 ton piece of steel painstakingly designed to absorb as much damage as possible from other jackasses on the road causing accidents.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He is just Bi-curious.  (if you know what I mean.....from South Park)

The only reason you get a Harley is for the noise, otherwise you get a good motorcycle.

ducati-37a.jpg

With all respect piss off with this statement. You're a vehicle on the road, behave like one. You don't get any special treatment above a standard car, you're lighter than a standard car, and you're the one attempting Darwin awards when speeding between lanes because you're a bike, and expect other users to make changing lanes a dance of looking into all mirrors 3 times before you make a move. A loud noise makes a loud noise, not jumping out from nowhere makes you visible. It's the same problem with cyclists and being a part of that community makes me ashamed most of the time, everyone hates each other but there's 1 truth, the guy in the car will often drive off, and so will you, in a hearse.

first thing you're doing wrong is trusting your mirrors, always check physically. mirrors have crazy big blind spots and people will merge into entire freaking cars because of the mirrors. I don't do line splitting because its dangerous and just pisses people off, and i don't sit in blind spots. 

I predominately drive actual cars, but occasionally i go out on the bike, if i need to take a trip to the city or something is saves me a massive amount of fuel (got an old 4x4) and i'm not asking for special treatment over a standard car at all. if you run into a car being careless they're gonna be just as pissed as the guy on the bike. 

As i said in my second post, dangerous drivers and reckless riders are what make it dangerous. as a combination. a smart rider won't put himself in a position where he can't be seen easily, and a smart driver will be checking properly before turning into traffic or changing lanes.

that is the last thing i would have expected harley-davidson to make. that's almost as crazy as if chevy stopping production of v8's!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz