Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

3 minutes ago, baK1 said:

any comments on this, linus? what the fuck???

This is an old thing. i think this has been debated to the end, like also the sexual harrasment case (with that 3d print youtuber, i think she is called YU) there is no evidence in anything. there is indications, so this is completely different thing that what is being discussed here.

there is also always two sides, are the load too high, or are the work ethics too low. i think it can be hard to get to the bottom of this.

3 minutes ago, baK1 said:

any comments on this, linus? what the fuck???

Huh? That's new, I guess not surprising though. I think there's been several reports months ago about employees being overworked, underpaid, etc etc which aren't new and I believe were proven to be mostly untrue or stretching the truth to the point of painting a wrong picture. Though I can't help but speculate that some employees just want to leave because they can feel the sheer pressure that's on LTT rn.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

11 minutes ago, Dangerbone said:

High workload is normal throughout industry but it can be more or less onerous depending on compensation. I would be a lot more willing to put up with bullshit for $36/hr than I would be at $18/hr.

That said, I'm keenly aware of younger employees pitching fits over a workload that is commensurate with their position, experience, and compensation. Not to sound like a Facebook Boomer, but youngsters can be very entitled and lazy.

It's a wash. Her account of employment at LMG is a valuable primary source but it should be taken with a grain of salt, like all primary sources.

The thread is still going at the moment, but the problem with the account is going to be the "injure myself to take a day off" makes, while a primary source, an unreliable narrator for the social/context details. Though the contract details are probably correct. (She used to stream on Twitch but not sure if she has in a long time.)  (Also, there are Worker's Right departments in BC...)

I have wondered if some of LMG's hiring practices might end up causing them problems down the line. (Some years ago) We're about to see if that's true.

11 minutes ago, perryckd said:

there's also the gen-z thing, believing in their idealistic woke signaling 

It does not mean that this should not be investigated, i just think that personal cases without facts are impossible to fix, i kinda liked Madison, the few videos she was in she seemed natural, way more than many put on camera. shame it did not work. 

If there is ANY thing that points to what she says is right, then there needs to be a proper investigation... but companies are good at hiding these things, look at that game studio blowup with suicide and shit, how far it got, before they began to actually investigate, and in the end, did anyone really get punished.. yeah they sold it to Microsoft, for a bunch of money, and got rich.

HR´s and Leaders are close, those are never for the employees, that is a learning you do early in life. HOPEFULLY the solution to this can be open dialogue about good working places maybe even on workplace rating sites, so people can make a logical choice, so if places are really bad, then YES they will just not get high competence employees because they can choose between jobs.

Just now, RasmusDC said:

It does not mean that this should not be investigated, i just think that personal cases without facts are impossible to fix, i kinda liked Madison, the few videos she was in she seemed natural, way more than many put on camera. shame it did not work. 

If there is ANY thing that points to what she says is right, then there needs to be a proper investigation... but companies are good at hiding these things, look at that game studio blowup with suicide and shit, how far it got, before they began to actually investigate, and in the end, did anyone really get punished.. yeah they sold it to Microsoft, for a bunch of money, and got rich.

HR´s and Leaders are close, those are never for the employees, that is a learning you do early in life. HOPEFULLY the solution to this can be open dialogue about good working places maybe even on workplace rating sites, so people can make a logical choice, so if places are really bad, then YES they will just not get high competence employees because they can choose between jobs.

There more than enough legal remedies for her allegations. If they had any merit she is free to pursue them, otherwise…

1 minute ago, RasmusDC said:

yes let's have that investigation. at least this conclusion will come from a more formal source than sensationalized guerilla warfare 

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The thread is still going at the moment, but the problem with the account is going to be the "injure myself to take a day off" makes, while a primary source, an unreliable narrator for the social/context details. Though the contract details are probably correct. (She used to stream on Twitch but not sure if she has in a long time.)  (Also, there are Worker's Right departments in BC...)

Those are all important things to consider. I'm trying to avoid my knee-jerk bias against spurious MeToo tweets because she may have something of merit to say. Though receipts would make her account more believable.

1 minute ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Tech men abusing a young woman.

That is about as surprising as winter in Canada.

And that makes it acceptable? Please keep your shit examples.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

And that makes it acceptable? Please keep your shit examples.

please stop assuming that the random women on the twitter isn't lieing 

timing is pretty sus so what she was slient for 2 years and picks now to say something?

if anything she said was true any court on the planet would have had a field day 

or we really gonna bite for the old 'female victum routine' 

5 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Madison needs her own thread.

I'm discussing with the mod team what we want to do with it. For now carry on discussing here.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450