Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Canadian company against a Canadian citizen. They can ask for gag orders. We'll never hear anything.

I believe Madison is a US citizen.,

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, iAxX said:

WHAT THE FUCK!

This forum has higher standards than their workplace 

image.png.1a419f8f721d216975e2f7d5658c3ff4.png

This forum is pretty disconnected from LMG, sure they own it but they don't actively control the mods or community much and never have. It's a very organically grown community which is why many of the more active or senior members are some of LTTs harshest critics.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, SuNe^ said:

Pretty sure Ivan and Linus are still friends, Linus talks about him on the WAN show now and then hanging out etc, and Ivan donated his GPU collection for Charity auction while back long after he left LMG, dident he?

Again, this could potentially harm people who weren't involved.

I don't think that's a good use of time when LMG seems to be the primary issue right now. Also Madison not naming names could be because she doesn't want to stir the pot like this.

I don't have any indication of this so this is purely speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is witholding names as to not mess up a legal proceeding. Maybe she has been reporting this to the authorities. I hope she is.

Just now, mbacc said:

Unfortunate, but I am 100% with you on this one. I really hope she was aware and is prepared for (international?) lawsuit that may span out for the next few years.

Someone needs to tell he in Twitter that she needs to start talking to a lawyer, now. Maybe also a well-known press (not a legal advice).

She's a Canadian citizen. I thought she was American, but her family has just been in AZ for a while.  Though not sure where she's currently located.

There's proper ways to handle things, even if you've had a horrible experience/illegal actions happen somewhere. Late night (maybe a few drinks in?) Twitter threads are absolutely not it.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I believe Madison is a US citizen.,

I thought she referenced giving up her US visa to move to BC to work for LMG?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's the thing - if only a couple of things she said in that thread were true, then it makes Linus' representation of LMG's working environment disingenuous at best.

As for the "Why didn't she pipe up sooner/sue them at the time?" comments...anybody who's ever worked with harassment/bullying victims could tell you exactly why. I'm not making a judgement on whether what she says is true or not, but that's exactly the kind of comment made from a perspective of (fortunate) ignorance and inexperience. You should count yourselves lucky to have never had to deal with something like that, because - no matter how mentally resilient you are - it takes a toll that you're not capable of imagining until you've been there or tried to help someone deal with it. Worse is the fact that there can't be any proof, because the only available evidence is eyewitness testimony, which relies on those witnesses not also being concerned about their continued employment...and in the kind of environment described, that concern is 100% correct.

Oh, and...yes, there were "many" #MeToo allegations shown to be false, but not "most". That's an important distinction.

Fucking hell. And I thought that it couldn't get any worse after what happened with Billit Labs. I don't see how LMG can possibly recover from this at this point

Main Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 6800H | Radeon RX 6650 M | 16GB DDR5 4800 | 1TB SSD | Windows 10 Pro

Server: Dell Optiplex 9010 | Core i5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 1x 240GB SSD | 2x 4TB HDD | Windows 10 Pro

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0401-7853-6422

Wii Console Number: 0476 3397 0330 5218

3DS Friend Code: 1221-2773-6856

Just now, digitalscream said:

Here's the thing - if only a couple of things she said in that thread were true, then it makes Linus' representation of LMG's working environment disingenuous at best.

As for the "Why didn't she pipe up sooner/sue them at the time?" comments...anybody who's ever worked with harassment/bullying victims could tell you exactly why. I'm not making a judgement on whether what she says is true or not, but that's exactly the kind of comment made from a perspective of (fortunate) ignorance and inexperience. You should count yourselves lucky to have never had to deal with something like that, because - no matter how mentally resilient you are - it takes a toll that you're not capable of imagining until you've been there or tried to help someone deal with it. Worse is the fact that there can't be any proof, because the only available evidence is eyewitness testimony, which relies on those witnesses not also being concerned about their continued employment...and in the kind of environment described, that concern is 100% correct.

Oh, and...yes, there were "many" #MeToo allegations shown to be false, but not "most". That's an important distinction.

Yeah. This is horrible to read, and it rings all too true if you've ever worked in tech or other predominantly young, male workplaces.

This is the reason I've cancelled my FP sub; I was going to see what they said on the accuracy and other stuff, but I won't give money to a company that treats its employees like this. Especially female ones.

9 minutes ago, Texbobcat said:

It wasn't the "i gotta have it" it's the fact that his community abused the guy for many years, made it impossible to upload without getting hate raided and linus never said a single thing about it to attempt to end the hate raid.

Well that’s just not true. He did put out a statement just a few days later

That said, fuck the immature community for brigading the guy for doing nothing wrong. Even the comments on the ncix auction initial video were simping for Linus even though in that very video he clearly was fine with giving the button to the guy. In fact, he offered to call off the deal. 

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

She's a Canadian citizen. I thought she was American, but her family has just been in AZ for a while.  Though not sure where she's currently located.

There's proper ways to handle things, even if you've had a horrible experience/illegal actions happen somewhere. Late night (maybe a few drinks in?) Twitter threads are absolutely not it.

Assuming it's true I don't think she is trying to "handle" things or even necessarily do damage to LMG. I think she just needed to vent about something she has been forced to bottle up. This seems more about mental health than about trying to make LMG pay.

1 minute ago, Blackraven1 said:

Fucking hell. And I thought that it couldn't get any worse after what happened with Billit Labs. I don't see how LMG can possible recover from this at this point

Deletes the forum, buys twitter, deletes that. then reddit, etc.

9 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

and this is exactly why I don't trust anybody that 'comes foward' after X years

a few bad apples have completely ruined the entire orchard and the entire thing is now a write off 

i can see where you're coming from. but at the same time, you can't blame her for 'waiting for the right time' to open up. example: that whole mick gordon doom eternal thing. opening up in the right time is definitely the right thing to do in most cases, if you dont want the entire thing to be forgotten in a week or two.

if she's really the victim, she wouldn't want that happen, would she

2 minutes ago, AnonCoder said:

Grabbed multiple times... I'm at a loss for words. This is upsetting.

SmartSelect_20230816_013941_X.thumb.jpg.f21155403f3059d60267c7517e7503c4.jpg

This is actionable in both criminal and civil courts. She’s free to pursue it. Criminal court wouldn’t even cost her anything. Otherwise, it’s just a former employee tweeting away. 

1 minute ago, Legitsu said:

No you have made up your mind and resorted on ad`hominim callouts because you don't like that somebody DARE to question the validity of a accusation that can cause real harm on twitter

cool story bro becaused obviously love linus like the dad I never had /s 

Opposite to you I haven't, I don't know what is true or not and I aint going to claim that one part or the other is truthful or not and I'm not going to come to unfounded conclusions from a series of tweets like you have.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Blackraven1 said:

Fucking hell. And I thought that it couldn't get any worse after what happened with Billit Labs. I don't see how LMG can possible recover from this at this point

Realistically they'll probably try weathering it out and hopefully tell linus to STFU from now on

"One must imagine Linus happy."

11 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Since she's still going, I hate to be the person to say it: she really needs to stop, take down the thread and get legal counsel. Because she's basically put LMG into a situation they'll have to sue her. She's making declarative statements about violations under BC law, after Linus' response to the Glassdoor post was "if there's an issue, they need to go to the proper authorities", which she clearly hasn't.

She has an axe to grind (clearly) about the time there, but late night Tweeting isn't the place for it. This is how you ruin your career.

It's probably already too late, shes going into little details that doesn't even matter anymore, the big allegations are either hearsay or hard to prove, you are right in that LMG HAS TO sue.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

1 minute ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Parting shot.

Now we know why Linus decided to hire someone to be management!

Might be too late for that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the CEO just quit. 

• Conflicts of interest with ASUS/Noctua
  • Linus lying about his interactions with Billet
  • Linus being completely tone deaf in his response and turning the YT tech community against him
  • The labs team apparently being incompetent and losing all credibility
  • Ignored workplace sexual harassment and bullying

And it's only Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, Danman2026 said:

Timing is perfect. This is the only time she is safe to come forward. Otherwise the backlash from d**ck riders like you would have been even more insane 

I hope more will come forward now too

2 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

More like the couple of specific things for me

Demanding work at LMG isn't a secret, they had been pretty open about it for a while and it's not like working anywhere else isn't. 

Sexual harassment and industry threat though... those are actually HUGE. Like literally criminally so, if true.

2 minutes ago, CantHelpMyself said:

I thought she referenced giving up her US visa to move to BC to work for LMG?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That was the most messed up part of the thread - especially since if I understand correctly, her family is in AZ (she mentioned she was from Calgary and moved to Phoenix, AZ with her family in the ASUS ROG Reboot video) - and giving up her visa meant she was separated from her family.

1 minute ago, iAxX said:

Might be too late for that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the CEO just quit. 

• Conflicts of interest with ASUS/Noctua
  • Linus lying about his interactions with Billet
  • Linus being completely tone deaf in his response and turning the YT tech community against him
  • The labs team apparently being incompetent and losing all credibility
  • Ignored workplace sexual harassment and bullying

And it's only Wednesday. 

Having such a bad day, it feels like America!

Seriously, I grew up in Canada but I only have an American citizenship (my family made a HUGE mistake).

If I could flee the US back to Canada, I certainly would!