Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, lesrallizes said:

She did explain everything in much more detail and you would know that if you bothered to have read everything she posted about her time there.

Yes I read the whole thread.
There are two groups of "problems".

A: work was to much, management was not nice, they didn't listen to my criticism, I didn't like it in there etc.
B: I was "inappropriately grabbed", someone asked me sexual questions and I've been asked to twerk for a collegue

A are not crimes, B are vague allegations.

3 minutes ago, iAxX said:

WHAT THE FUCK!

This forum has higher standards than their workplace 

image.png.1a419f8f721d216975e2f7d5658c3ff4.png

I really don't know if I believe this. It sounds absurd.  

I am not gonna dismiss her because if that did happen that's fucked and I really don't want to add to how fucked it is by calling her a liar, but I REALLY want some evidence, ANY evidence that any of this is true.

3 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Yes, becase I don't know about which tone to apply.

I'm aware that sexual harassment can happen in the workplace or any other place. But it's a strange vague way of suggest that it happened

How is it strange? How do you believe someone that has trauma from sexual harassment should express their trauma on Twitter? 

Some of the things she is saying could be inaccurate. Some things could have been issues of miscommunication, but if they aren't it is a serious issue and the best course of action is probably not critique the way in which someone who we suspect may have had to deal sexual harassment is expressing it.

The situation clearly requires further investigation. Even in Title IX class accusations, no immediate action is taken against the accused till it is effectively examined - but in the same boat throwing the potential victims claims down because they didn't express the exact way the sexual harassment occurred in a Tweet isn't a good stance either.   

5 minutes ago, GBNokiaaa said:

Do you guys remember Ivan working for ltt? i wonder why he left.

It's not a good idea to go after former employees unless there's mention of them - probably left for the same reasons, who knows. More than likely aren't at all involved.

4 minutes ago, iAxX said:

WHAT THE FUCK!

This forum has higher standards than their workplace 

image.png.1a419f8f721d216975e2f7d5658c3ff4.png

Holy crap, I didn't see that one. If even an ounce of this entire thread is true, Linus should seriously consider stepping out of the company and letting the new CEO repair things. Speaking of, Terren just got handed an absolute dumpster fire.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

Since she's still going, I hate to be the person to say it: she really needs to stop, take down the thread and get legal counsel. Because she's basically put LMG into a situation they'll have to sue her. She's making declarative statements about violations under BC law, after Linus' response to the Glassdoor post was "if there's an issue, they need to go to the proper authorities", which she clearly hasn't.

She has an axe to grind (clearly) about the time there, but late night Tweeting isn't the place for it. This is how you ruin your career.

Just now, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

A: work was to much, management was not nice, they didn't listen to my criticism, I didn't like it in there etc.
B: I was "inappropriately grabbed", someone asked me sexual questions and I've been asked to twerk for a collegue

If workers are allowed to be extremely cruel, then it is a horribly run company.  And that is also alleged. 

I don't know if that kind of harassment is illegal.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It would not be good for LMG's survival if it turns out that their stars are actually horrible people in real life.

And if that's true, I actually have no sympathy for them being found out.

Seriously, after reading the whole post I am deleting my account. You don't even deserve my scorn. I wish the worst to all the people who worked there and treated/threatened her like that. Linus, step down. I hope GN has another video on this and completely destroys you.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

I don't think I need to express my thoughts on this one. You guys know exactly how I feel about it. Instead I'm just gonna say...

I'm staying subscribed to the main channel for now so I can more easily hear the official response. If they don't promise anything less than a clean slate restructuring and complete redoing of their upload strategy and work culture, I am unsubscribing for good.

This is completely fucking unacceptable and I am ashamed to have supported this company in this state for as long as I have if even 10% of what Madison said was true.

they/them

my friends call me sod

Laptop (Main): MacBook Pro 14-inch "Iris" - M2 Max | 30-core GPU | 32GB DDR5-6400

Desktop: "Memoria Mk. 3.1" - Ryzen 9 5900X | RX 6800 XT (XFX MERC 319) | Strix X570-F | 64GB DDR4-3200

5 minutes ago, IndustrialBananaBread said:

Holy crap, I didn't see that one. If even an ounce of this entire thread is true, Linus should seriously consider stepping out of the company and letting the new CEO repair things. Speaking of, Terren just got handed an absolute dumpster fire.

I know right. I hope Terren can turn things around. I want to believe that the good that LMG has created over the years can be preserved and any horrible company culture still there can be purged. There are a lot of good people there who do good work and I hope that this doesn't take the entire company down.

That said if any of this is true it NEEDS to be stopped YESTERDAY.

6 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

and this is exactly why I don't trust anybody that 'comes foward' after X years

a few bad apples have completely ruined the entire orchard and the entire thing is now a write off 

exactly... strong distrust after all those fake ones... thankfully some of them was stooopid enough to film themselves telling they were lying and did it for other reasons... and when the uproar started the whole thing unravelled and a lot of "blames" were withdrawn but it was too late... they had ruined innocent peoples lives with their lies...

so when I see stuff like that come up my "fake shit-o-meter" starts ringing full blast and I get suspecious... and it's sad... because there ARE true cases out there and they need justice...

4 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

I really don't know if I believe this. It sounds absurd.  

I am not gonna dismiss her because if that did happen that's fucked and I really don't want to add to how fucked it is by calling her a liar, but I REALLY want some evidence, ANY evidence that any of this is true.

I totally see this happening. These are 100% gamer words you hear every day if you play games. 

She's a girl in surrounded by tech bros who play games all the time. It's not out of this world someone would say r/f words regularly. 

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Since she's still going, I hate to be the person to say it: she really needs to stop, take down the thread and get legal counsel. Because she's basically put LMG into a situation they'll have to sue her. She's making declarative statements about violations under BC law, after Linus' response to the Glassdoor post was "if there's an issue, they need to go to the proper authorities", which she clearly hasn't.

She has an axe to grind (clearly) about the time there, but late night Tweeting isn't the place for it. This is how you ruin your career.

Agreed, All these are very damning claims to any business so she is going to have to back it up.

LMG cant ignore these without some kind of action, but also with all the pitchforks its a tricky situation

They sue her - Everyone says LMG terrible company

They Ignore her - Everyone says LMG is a terrible company

They Apologise - Everyone says LMG is a terrible company

2 minutes ago, mrparker said:

It's not a good idea to go after former employees unless there's mention of them - probably left for the same reasons, who knows. More than likely aren't at all involved.

Pretty sure Ivan and Linus are still friends, Linus talks about him on the WAN show now and then hanging out etc, and Ivan donated his GPU collection for Charity auction while back long after he left LMG, dident he?

Just now, Drazil100 said:

I know right. I hope Terren can turn things around. I want to believe that the good that LMG has created over the years can be preserved and any horrible company culture still there can be purged. There are a lot of good people there who do good work and I hope that this doesn't take the entire company down.

I feel so bad for Terren, dude joined a few months ago and is now faced with a PR disaster that could cause serious damage to the company.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

3 minutes ago, Texbobcat said:

It wasn't the "i gotta have it" it's the fact that his community abused the guy for many years, made it impossible to upload without getting hate raided and linus never said a single thing about it to attempt to end the hate raid.

You can't blame Linus for what other people do... You do know that right?

And Yes I still think Linus is a gigantic A-hole with the Billet thing... so no I am not fanboying him... But right has to be right...

5 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

image.png.1259d25d3681071fef013cc4b6509561.png

i dont even see what the point of this is. If linus didn't do it, of course he'd go off. The way madison worded it was also a bit confusing at first

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

Can someone post that glassdoors review?

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, Legitsu said:

narcissistic cynic that I could ever hope to be

If you set the bar that high, I dont think anyone can hit it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Because she's basically put LMG into a situation they'll have to sue her.

Unfortunate, but I am 100% with you on this one. I really hope she was aware and is prepared for (international?) lawsuit that may span out for the next few years.

Someone needs to tell her on Twitter that she needs to start talking to a lawyer, now. Maybe also a well-known press (not a legal advice).

2 minutes ago, Letyuwu said:

Agreed, All these are very damning claims to any business so she is going to have to back it up.

LMG cant ignore these without some kind of action, but also with all the pitchforks its a tricky situation

They sue her - Everyone says LMG terrible company

They Ignore her - Everyone says LMG is a terrible company

They Apologise - Everyone says LMG is a terrible company

Canadian company against a Canadian citizen. They can ask for gag orders. We'll never hear anything.

3 minutes ago, IndustrialBananaBread said:

I feel so bad for Terren, dude joined a few months ago and is now faced with a PR disaster that could cause serious damage to the company.

Not just PR. Linus just sunk a LOT of money into badminton center, so much so he had to do a sale to raise extra money. I don't know how financially stable LMG is at the current moment. I assume they were fine if things continued as normal, but if floatplane subs keep dropping and any of the drama over the past few days continues then LMG could be in some degree of trouble.

9 minutes ago, CantHelpMyself said:

At that point does it even matter if the allegations are true? I wonder if without an investigation with a definitive conclusion, I'd assume he's lying again.

Yeah, Linus basically dug his own grave at this point. He has been found out borderline lying yesterday, so any word he spew off now will look like another lie. 

But idk, if all of this is true, then I have no sympathy for the guy. But if Linus want to prove his innocence, he better brought up AMPLE evidence to back it up, not just another "i say, you say" scenario.