CM3588 read and write speeds

I've got just my CM3588 NAS kit working with open media vault and i've been copying files to and from it to get an idea of the speeds and while the write speeds are good the read speeds are terrible. I'm currently only using my laptop to copy files to and from the NAS so I am limited to a 1 gigabit connection but writing to the NAS will fully saturate the gigabit connection when transferring single large files and it will even stay around the full gigabit speeds when transferring folders with lots of small files. Reading from the NAS on the other hand only reaches about 70 Mbps regardless of the size of the files. I've currently got two Teamgroup MP33 2TB drives in the CM3588 which are stripped together. It may be that with these drives and the CM3588 can only reach those read speeds but I was hoping for something a bit faster considering I want to use it to store steam games to free up my laptop and then when I want to play them I can just move them from the NAS to the laptop but at these speeds it's actually quicker for me to just redownload them. I was wondering if anyone has a CM3588 and possibly has better read and write performance or if there is possibly a setting in OMV that I haven't got right, any possible suggestions as to how I can make it faster.