Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

7 hours ago, mMontana said:

I cannot say if what Madison writes on twitter is true or not, timing is anyway... odd

Perfect timing if you have beef with your employer, who has been controlling and somewhat intimidating. Though I would like to hear the other side on the topic as well. It's just words, after all.

1 minute ago, Godiwa said:

ALSO HER: I was expected to post 3 tweets, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks minimum per day.

So... that's like 2 minutes of work per day... I can really feel the burden now..

do you rly thinks it takes 2min to make good and edited posts on 3 (times 3, 2 and 2) platforms ?  wow.

Just now, Godiwa said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA

HER: The number of daily items the Social media role at the time was expected to fill was incredibly high.
ALSO HER: I was expected to post 3 tweets, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks minimum per day.

So... that's like 2 minutes of work per day... I can really feel the burden now...

HER AGAIN: I was also expected to plan, film, edit, and post 2 Floatplane exclusives per week.

Aaah so now there is an actually workload there... So 2½ days per short video clip? Not like she were making feature length clips or anything...

WTF should all those solo youtubers out there say that does 5+ videos a week alone? and edit it themselves to because they are not rich enough to hire an editor? should they take a few sick days so they can go shoe shopping and drink lattes or should they just do their job?

So I don't want to comment on the veracity of her statements but this part struck me as particularly odd. 
The work load is indeed a bit tough but tweets and Instagram posts can be pretty much the same. TikToks are not too difficult either. Either take from existing videos, or run around the office. It breaks down to about 1 post an hour. This isn't an unreasonable amount of work for one person to do. Is it tough? Sure. But if the job is too "fast paced" for you, then it isn't for you.

It seems to me she was just too green for that position. 

1 minute ago, DarkSwordsman said:

You do understand that each of those social media posts were to be more than a "funny haha" that takes 5 seconds to come up with, right? And same with the floatplane exclusives?

You did notice the timeframe I put for the floatplane fluff? right? 2½ days?

I can understand why it might be a struggle for her to be funny... she seems unstable and lazy... and the 2 min was to point out that posting a few lines and a vid snippet is nothing... and people that are hired to think up "funnies" can drop them on the spot... else they are just not good at their job...

take a comedian on stage... something happens *fingersnap inside his head* and he runs with that... not like he needs a weeks prepation time to make fun of some drunken fools comment from the audience... and he don't need to use sickdays for it either

For anyone who does not know, Madison has finally spoken out about what happened at LTT during her employment.

Holy. Shit. If this is true, this is absolutely vile from LTT and Linus. This is disgusting. I suggest everyone here read the whole thread, it outlines a lot of her experience.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

5 minutes ago, mMontana said:

I know nothing about Madison and LMG labour relation. 

I cannot say if what Madison writes on twitter is true or not, timing is anyway... odd. And I'm asking myself why this was not reported to authorities in due time, if unlegal or vessatory.

I feel uncomfortable that something like that is discussed here, into a space of the other party of this supposed quarrel.

Probably because it's not.
Mostly she complains about the work being "too much" and the management not liking her.
Nothing about that is illegal.

There's a reference about "inappropriate grabbing" and "talking about sex" that we read as workplace sex abuse. But in reality she doesn't explain what she means. Someone can grab me from my arm to get my attention, and that would be inappropriate but won't be a crime.

Just now, IndustrialBananaBread said:

For anyone who does not know, Madison has finally spoken out about what happened at LTT during her employment.

Holy. Shit. If this is true, this is absolutely vile from LTT and Linus. This is disgusting.

Different thread

7 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

HER: The number of daily items the Social media role at the time was expected to fill was incredibly high.

So... that's like 2 minutes of work per day... I can really feel the burden now...

HER AGAIN: I was also expected to plan, film, edit, and post 2 Floatplane exclusives per week.

Aaah so now there is an actually workload there... So 2½ days per short video clip? Not like she were making feature length clips or anything...

WTF should all those solo youtubers out there say that does 5+ videos a week alone? and edit it themselves to because they are not rich enough to hire an editor? should they take a few sick days so they can go shoe shopping and drink lattes or should they just do their job?

Their Instagram doesn’t post daily and their TikTok posts like 10 times a month.

So yeah, maybe it is actually a tough job if it still hasn’t been fulfilled after 2 years.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

That's......bad. I'm glad the GN video has provided the "air cover" as it were for Madison to feel comfortable explaining her experiences.

To me, this is far worse than the GN accusations or Linus's tone deaf response to them.

Even if you ignore the deplorable - for LMG - accusations of sexual comments/other inappropriate behaviour (which you really, really can't -- but I'm assuming a small section of this forum will focus entirely on them), the rest of what she describes is still an incredibly toxic workplace, and not somewhere anyone should want to work.

I applaud Madison for speaking up, it can't have been easy.

10 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

Made an account solely to respond to this. Creating engaging short-form content (TikTok, YouTube Shorts, etc.) can actually be FAR more intensive than most people think it is.

It's not just

Film 30 second shitpost --> Submit --> Profit!

It's more like

Spend hours planning engaging/worthwhile content --> Throw out ideas that don't work, expand on those that might --> Make filming/editing plan, get external parties/on-screen talent involved --> Film content, sometimes requiring multiple takes and anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours filming depending on the content --> Edit the content, adding in overlays, subtitles, engaging on-screen elements, etc. --> Post content, maximize success potential with title, metadata, thumbnail, etc. --> Check analytics, see what worked and/or what didn't --> Rinse and repeat

It's very easy to trivialize the amount of work that goes into just one short little piece of content most people see once and never think about again.

Just now, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Probably because it's not.
Mostly she complains about the work being "too much" and the management not liking her.
Nothing about that is illegal.

There's a reference about "inappropriate grabbing" and "talking about sex" that we read as workplace sex abuse. But in reality she doesn't explain what she means. Someone can grab me from my arm to get my attention, and that would be inappropriate but won't be a crime.

not providing any context or detail is a hallmark of somebody just playing for attention 

its the oldest trick in the book make a really nasty insinutation and let people run with it 

Just now, Niosai said:

Made an account solely to respond to this. Creating engaging short-form content (TikTok, YouTube Shorts, etc.) is actually FAR more intensive than you'd be led to believe.

It's not just

Film 30 second shitpost --> Submit --> Profit!

It's more like

Spend hours planning engaging/worthwhile content --> Throw out ideas that don't work, expand on those that might --> Make filming/editing plan, get external parties/on-screen talent involved --> Film content, sometimes requiring multiple takes and anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours filming depending on the content --> Edit the content, adding in overlays, subtitles, engaging on-screen elements, etc. --> Post content, maximize success potential with title, metadata, thumbnail, etc. --> Check analytics, see what worked and/or what didn't --> Rinse and repeat

It's very easy to trivialize the amount of work that goes into just one short little piece of content most people see once and never think about again.

doesn't matter clearly she signed up beliving she was going to be hired to spend a hour a day posting and didn't like when she was asked todo accual work 

do your job. you do what is asked of you and offen more thats part of 'working' 

Also some of y'all calling her a drama queen or a "woke person" seriously need to start reconsidering your moral compasses and critical thinking skills if you ever want to get in a relationship. Get out of your basements.

Of course she took this moment - this is the first time in LMG's history where not everyone is on LMG's side. It's much safer for her to come out with this now cause she would have been unfairly destroyed if she posted this weeks ago.

If you were in her situation, I'd hope that you would want people to believe you.

While I'm not saying this is a farce, would be mutually beneficial to hear both sides of the story. I feel like there might be a miscommunication of expectations of a workplace between a Zoomer and an older employee. One that find issue with how they're talked to and the other party being used to how it is.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, ramp said:

Also some of y'all calling her a drama queen or a "woke person" seriously need to start reconsidering your moral compasses and critical thinking skills if you ever want to get in a relationship jesus christ. Get out of your basements.

Of course she took this moment - this is the first time in LMG's history where not everyone is on LMG's side. It's much safer for her to come out with this now cause she would have been unfairly destroyed if she posted this weeks ago.

that is speculation and hear say  and I suspect many of you know that

2 minutes ago, xlbob said:

Yeah LMG is done. Sexual harassment is no fucking joke

yeah doesn't even have to be true, we saw that with #metoo

12 minutes ago, DarkSwordsman said:

You do understand that each of those social media posts were to be more than a "funny haha" that takes 5 seconds to come up with, right? And same with the floatplane exclusives?

The problem is: What's a floatplane exclusive? Is it something short, unscripted unedited or a full - length scripted video? Without the background knowledge all speculation is just blabla.

For the social media workload. As a marketing guy, I am having several clients to handle, not that much load for each of them but several different companies. It's all a question of work-flow. Also - if it is too much, you usually can talk to your higher ups and ask for a 2nd crew guy, or some professional training. These training tutorials cost about 20-30 bucks on udemy. And even if your company doesn't want to pay for that, or their financial structure is too stupid for that,. it's not that much money that you can't invest it in yourself.

What I am saying is: without both sides of the story, you can't assume anything. Also, the timing of this "bombshell" is pretty...aimed. There have been claims in the past, and people went mad, and in the end it turned out to be a disgruntled intern trying to shit on the company for not giving him what he wanted.

IF things really have been as bad as she says, why hasn't she sued LMG? The fear of never getting a social media job ever again sound a bit far-fetched, since I am pretty certain that there are enough companies out there that never heard of LMG.

40 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

So let's recap.

- people in the management criticize the quality of her work, as they should be since it's their job

- she doesn't like it and starts complaining about her superiors

- they point out that their management is made up of accomplished professionals and she's a newbie that could be fired anytime

- she gets offended at the fact that they didn't fire all the senior management because she was complaining

- she alleges that she was "inappropriately grabbed" whatever it means

- she's perplexed by the fact that LTT cares about what public faces put in the video and weather they will stick with the brand

What an absolutely tone-deaf response. 

You ignore a number of factors, such as the power-dynamics that would be involved in a position like such. I am a bit perplexed how you don't understand what "inappropriately grabbed" means. As you are completely unaware of sexual harrassment that occur in the workplace (perhaps you are and that is actually the issue). 

I don't believe that she was "offended" by the fact that senior management wasn't "fire(d)" because she was complaining. She was discussing how the inappropriate management of the facilities/programs was not being addressed. 

I'm completely perplexed at how someone could be this level of complete inaccuracy in their reading.

I've been a lurker on this site for years and have thought about joining for a while but haven't till recently and if you are a representative of the community here, I don't really think almost anyone would want to come here.

Also, if you wish you can try that "Oh you just haven't been out in a real workplace" thing - that is fine. I worked for the railroad for several years and have had to deal with being told a bunch of things when the issues weren't my fault. So that won't really land with me, but you are welcome to still make them nonetheless. 

Just now, Godiwa said:

yeah doesn't even have to be true, we saw that with #metoo

and that makes it ok? 

so wait if we can't trust he word of people comming foward why should be listen to any of them?

explain please

Okay.... Wow

My initial reaction was anger and I unsubscribed from all channels. but now that I have read the full threat my spidey sense is going off. I cannot say any truths about this but my gut says that if there were this many awfully things over such a long time she would have quit long ago.

From personal experience I had a job where I was called fagot once and I handed in my resignation the same day. 

It hurts so much seeing this as liked LTT alot I'm gonna go on a limb and say there are hints of truth to her story but she's mad and overplaying it. This still means that there would be gross practices in LTT work culture and I'm gonna stay unsubscribed until I feel we can trust LTT again.  You were right Linus today is a sad day.

There are truly disturbing things in the tweet, including alleged sexual and verbal harassment. Truly messed up if true.

I am holding my final judgement until this unveils further. We are going to need someone to do real investigation and journalism on this one.

I hope Madison has concrete evidence to back her claims. Companies with such internal behavior are pretty good at burying issues away. Tables can turn very quickly when you are against big corps.

3 minutes ago, IronArm said:

What an absolutely tone-deaf response.

Yes, becase I don't know about which tone to apply.

3 minutes ago, IronArm said:

You ignore a number of factors, such as the power-dynamics that would be involved in a position like such. I am a bit perplexed how you don't understand what "inappropriately grabbed" means. As you are completely unaware of sexual harrassment that occur in the workplace (perhaps you are and that is actually the issue).

I don't believe that she was "offended" by the fact that senior management wasn't "fire(d)" because she was complaining. She was discussing how the inappropriate management of the facilities/programs was not being addressed.

I'm completely perplexed at how someone could be this level of complete inaccuracy in their reading.

I've been a lurker on this site for years and have thought about joining for a while but haven't till recently and if you are a representative of the community here, I don't really think almost anyone would want to come here.

I'm aware that sexual harassment can happen in the workplace or any other place. But it's a strange vague way of suggest that it happened