Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

3 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Oh my.  This gets pretty serious.

image.thumb.png.1cfcd3453ee72971ef7793ab4ef2753b.png

not looking good lol. imma give him benefit of the doubt & see what he got to say abt this  

4 minutes ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

There more than enough legal remedies for her allegations. If they had any merit she is free to pursue them, otherwise…

remember #MeToo? If this isn't handled properly then it could spiral out of control. There are always disgruntled employees and they can unite against the employer especially if they can profit from it (boost visibility, get settlement etc). But then we'll see those Floatplane subscriptions in a month to see how well the crisis has been handled by LTT

So I‘ve been able to give LTT the benefit of the doubt for nearly anything right now. 

What is worse is Maddison‘s statement.

Here‘s a bad summary: 

Maddison decided to leave LMG due to multiple reasons, all of them hitting her mental health at an „alltime low“

I‘m going to start with the simple stuff.

1. “I was expected to post 3 tweet, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks minimum per day“.

- Okay, kind of weird that she has to do so much work, anyone knows that‘s a lot (especially in terms of quality). This approach reminds me of younger LTT honestly.

2. „I was consistently belittled by certain members of upper management. My work was called „dogshit“ I was called „incompetent“. When I would rach out to managers and try to get help with these situations, I would be told to „put on my big girl pants“ and be more „assertive“.“

- Oh great, now even company bullies? What was that with unionising?

3. „After enough complaints ((of the bullying)) from me, I was pulled into a meeting. In that meeting the writers room was pointed to and I was asked „do you think any of these people would have a hard time getting a job? I said no (keep in mind this was about a month into working there) I was then pointed out and asked „What about you?“.“

- FFS… She even had to agree verbally to a „no drama contract“. A verbal one!

4. „In this ((when agreeing to the contract)) moment I realized I was no longer considered part of the team. I was now a threat because I was putting up a fuss when I believed I was being treated unfairly and inappropriately.“

- This is maybe the worst feeling for a lot of employees, especially younger ones. WTF?

5. „A warning that came very shortly after I had come forward stating I had been inappropriately grabbed multiple times in the office, amongst other issues. I was barred from being in videos. So when you ask what happened? Why wasn't she in more content?

This is why.“

- I added this point because I am not very sure what she means by grabbed, it probably regards to the verbal contract but in a worse case SA… If SA there should have been multiple firings and also re-structuring. Did the other women face similar problems???

6. „After it was publicly announced by Linus that he was hiring me (without my knowledge or consent to that situation) and also before I was even offered the job, or shown the salary.“

- Very average Linus move. Still not okay.

7. „It detailed that I was given incorrect information and would actually have to make changes to my plans if I wanted to continue being employed at LTT. This was AFTER I had moved entire countries and given up my visa status, I couldn't just go back.“

- Shitty move, all it would have taken would be some kind of communication…

8. „I was told I was bossy, when I was trying to be assertive. (like I was asked to do) I was told I was arguing, when I was trying to discuss my point of view. I was told to "calm my tits", "stop being such a bitch", and  other comments to similar effects.“

- I wonder how many people there have to face this issue, especially the women there. I always thought they, you know, would be different than this.

9. „There were numerous instances of misinformation being given to me purposefully to negatively impact my work.

I only know this because co-workers would tell me they overheard the actual information I should have been given.“

- How could this even be? How is this possible? 

10. „I remember getting told off for taking my sick days, as in the days you're entitled to. This no days off, "grindset" culminated in the real moment I realized I had to leave. I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together.

- The whole grindset thing is something that directly contradicts what Linus said on the WAN show. People should not work overtime/too hardcore if they are forced to, it should be because of pure enthusiasm. Did this miss Linus‘ radar because of ignorance or just because he‘s a part of the problem?

11. „It was genuinely the only way in my mind ((the cutting)) to take a day off without being harassed for a reason why.

I had spoken to managers about how I was struggling, and how the workload was too much for one person.
But I was belittled and told "you just have bad time management skills".“

- Nah, their expectations were just bad. What also upsets me is that no-one ever apologised to her. It‘s clear that Linus never really cared about the whole social media thing, and once the team realized that they actually do need a social media team, they did not apologise or anything to her for just overworking her. Sure, the team made mistakes but saying sorry is the very least. Have some integrity!

Again, there is more, and I really recommend reading the Tweet to see yourself how fucked-up this whole thing is. 

I was seriously able to live by the GN controversy, but this is just so much worse.

Yeah Madison's Tweets get more and more damning as it goes:

"I was also the one tasked with managing the Only Fans account.
Something I said I didn't want to do.
I had to read comments from people talking about how they wanted to fuck me and my co workers.
I saw peoples dicks, and vagina's.
I said no, and was told only a little longer."

CPU - Intel Core i5 10600K @ 5GHz @ 1.35v + EK Custom Loop (Evo Supremacy Block, 240mm Copper Radiator, Res/Pump Combo, Mayhem Soft Tubing and Fluid) - GPU - Gigabyte G1 GeForce GTX 1070 - RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz - Mobo - Asus Z490-A Prime - SSD - Samsung 850 120GB - HDD - 2TB WD Black - PSU - EVGA G2 650W Gold - Case - Corsair 680X RGB White with 6 x Corsair LL120 Fans. 

Picture of my System - https://imgur.com/gallery/q27dw2g

10 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

please stop assuming that the random women on the twitter isn't lieing 

timing is pretty sus so what she was slient for 2 years and picks now to say something?

if anything she said was true any court on the planet would have had a field day 

or we really gonna bite for the old 'female victum routine' 

She isn't a random woman. I recognize the handle from before she was hired. This is her 

Just now, Drazil100 said:

She isn't a random woman. I recognize the handle from before she was hired. This is her 

I am well aware and she doesn't strike me as the most geniune person 

2 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

id probly call a lawyer

the fact that she didn't means shes full of shit

Hmmm, yes. Lets play individual paying out of pocket for a lawyer where the only evidence is not recorded vs. a multi-million dollar company whose image to the public is paramount. Surely that will go over well, especially if the lawsuit's existence were to leak.

4 minutes ago, Dangerbone said:

Those are all important things to consider. I'm trying to avoid my knee-jerk bias against spurious MeToo tweets because she may have something of merit to say. Though receipts would make her account more believable.

Late night Tweeting is a great way to end up in lawsuits for a lot of people. There's also the little issue that she uprooted her entire life for a job and her brother died during that time period. She could easily be mis-remembering what Linus said, which could easily have been a kind way of asking if she thought working there was a good idea when she clearly was in a very bad space due to logical reasons.

Some of the contract stuff, especially about using LMG as a springboard, actually make perfect business sense for the company. A striving "content creator" would have a very different perspective on the situation than a company that doesn't want to invest in someone to then put out a "I'm quitting LMG" video to launch their own YT career.

One of the key problems we've seen with Social Media is that people's memories are very poor on details, and an up swell of emotions can easily mix fact and fiction in ways that aren't intentionally malicious. But it does force other parties to respond as if it is.

I just hope Linus doesn't make a TwitLonger.

5 minutes ago, RandomDude843 said:

I just finished reading maddison’s tweets and all i can say is holy shit. They have the worst workplace. I lost it at the inappropriate grabbing and discussions about how she wants to be f***ed. I dont have enough words. God damn, this keeps escalating to levels i did not expect.

i really don't want to believe all this fr😭😭 this's insane

image.png

2 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

I am well aware and she doesn't strike me as the most geniune person 

That's fair, I don't know that I fully believe her allegations either. I just want it to be perfectly clear that this is a known employee and not some random troll who never worked there.

4 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

id probly call a lawyer

the fact that she didn't means shes full of shit 

No, it means that somebody who's been constantly belittled and had their confidence destroyed is in such a state of low mental health that they can't face spending every last penny they have on a court case where it's going to happen all over again.

3 minutes ago, dustypaws said:

Would like to see your reaction if your (future) wife comes home from work and tells you a story like this happening to her...

What would your answer to her be? "Man up" ? 😂😂😂

For the "they don't like your work" part, I would tell her to find a jobs that she likes more.

For the "inappropriate grabbing" and "told to twerk for a coworker" part, I would ask her what does she mean, who asked her and she has proof and eventually consider seeing a lawyer.

I can tell what my answer WON'T be. I won't tell her to just leave her job and wait for a big controversy to tell her story on twitter.

Surprised to hear she was still at LTT up until recently. Hadn't seen her a few months after they first hired her after turning 18 I think? This feels like only the start of a wave of truthful admissions while the wave's not calmed yet. Wouldn't be surprised if one or more people come out about their not ideal experiences. Remember there was one anonymous leak and statement of a person that said it was hell working for LTT (though they sounded very inexperienced and naïve).

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

This is the nail in the coffin for me.

Madison’s experience is deplorable and should never have allowed to happen in any company at any size.

Even if she exaggerated (and why would she? She has nothing to gain from this), even if only 10% of this is factual that is STILL not okay.

I simply cannot believe LMG was like this after all the parades and talks about being a fun company that does things right.

I feel heartbroken but I will probably unsubscribe from all LMG channels. I’m done. Hey, maybe it will even help me from my YouTube addiction.

But most of all, I feel for Madison. What. A. Shit show.

I know nothing about Madison and LMG labour relation. 

I cannot say if what Madison writes on twitter is true or not, timing is anyway... odd. And I'm asking myself why this was not reported to authorities in due time, if unlegal or vessatory.

I feel uncomfortable that something like that is discussed here, into a space of the other party of this supposed quarrel.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

3 minutes ago, NullPointerError said:

It is easier for you guys to read the whole thing

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691693740254228741.html

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA

HER: The number of daily items the Social media role at the time was expected to fill was incredibly high.
ALSO HER: I was expected to post 3 tweets, 2 Instagram posts, and 2 TikToks minimum per day.

So... that's like 2 minutes of work per day... I can really feel the burden now...

HER AGAIN: I was also expected to plan, film, edit, and post 2 Floatplane exclusives per week.

Aaah so now there is an actually workload there... So 2½ days per short video clip? Not like she were making feature length clips or anything...

WTF should all those solo youtubers out there say that does 5+ videos a week alone? and edit it themselves to because they are not rich enough to hire an editor? should they take a few sick days so they can go shoe shopping and drink lattes or should they just do their job?

2 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Surprised to hear she was still at LTT up until recently. Hadn't seen her a few months after they first hired her after turning 18 I think? This feels like only the start of a wave of truthful admissions while the wave's not calmed yet. Wouldn't be surprised if one or more people come out about their not ideal experiences. Remember there was one anonymous leak and statement of a person that said it was hell working for LTT (though they sounded very inexperienced and naïve).

The one reddit post from 6 months ago sounded like someone that Interned at the place. They knew somethings, but not really much and didn't stick around.

Just now, Godiwa said:

So... that's like 2 minutes of work per day... I can really feel the burden now...

You do understand that each of those social media posts were to be more than a "funny haha" that takes 5 seconds to come up with, right? And same with the floatplane exclusives?