Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

I've been very critical of Linus and LMG as a whole since GN's expose but that's only because Steve has receipts to backup his claims.

This Madison thing is one-sided, and I find it hard to believe because it's too much of a he-say she-say kind of situation.

5 hours ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Probably because it's not.
Mostly she complains about the work being "too much" and the management not liking her.
Nothing about that is illegal.

There's a reference about "inappropriate grabbing" and "talking about sex" that we read as workplace sex abuse. But in reality she doesn't explain what she means. Someone can grab me from my arm to get my attention, and that would be inappropriate but won't be a crime.

It's not stated by my nickname, but I'm Italian. I assume that you also are, and i remember the name like yours from Davide Bianchi's blog.

Unfortunately in Italy is not unusual to be... a bit unfair with women. I cannot say if you are, I don't want to make any allegation, but it's quite understandable that you don't believe her. It's fair to have an opinion.

However I'm far more cautions than you. I cannot say the truth degree of what reported, but I don't want to call liar someone until proven.

Also: work too much/too hard/for too little compensation is still vessatory. If as a one man band you can do more than a team, you're really a powerhouse or the team lacks knowledge, competence, drive.  However: how much will cost of you keep that standard?

You declare your sentence. Let's see what it's gonna be.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Just now, Legitsu said:

doesn't matter clearly she signed up beliving she was going to be hired to spend a hour a day posting and didn't like when she was asked todo accual work 

do your job. you do what is asked of you and offen more thats part of 'working' 

I'm gonna bite.

It's pretty clear you've never been in the kind of position where the expectation set, professional environment or not, is beyond the norm and/or beyond what has been communicated to you prior. Or, you've never been in a situation where your environment made you less able to adequately do your job for reasons outside of your control. I understand that for people like you, it's hard to imagine the reality of the situation she described in those Tweets. If what she said is true, her environment was not the kind of environment that was conducive to her performing the job, even if the workload was more manageable.

Also apparently some managers didn't like me because I "hadn't gotten drunk with them before"
Which was said in that haha just jokin (but actually I'm serious) tone

when you thought it won’t get any worse than it already is.

3 minutes ago, Zonar7 said:

but my gut says that if there were this many awfully things over such a long time she would have quit long ago.

That's not how any of this works.

These are some vary damning statements, If she is going to make those allegaations better hope she has some proof to back it up..

Feels overly personal to be honest, Will be interesting to see how these unfold.

Also, That workload doesn't seem insane to me???? 

I honestly do hope it's fake, but with all the crap happening it could've finally given Madison the safety to speak out. This is deplorable behavior that is definitely  worth the pitchforks if true. Calling someone incompetent and disgusting, self harm to get one day away and overworked is appalling. Linus and LMG should stop uploading for the time being and sort out all these internal issues before crushing staff with more workload.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

Not saying shes lying but alot of it is very hard to prove, and most of it is workload related.

Let see what comes from this.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

2 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

and that makes it ok? 

so wait if we can't trust he word of people comming foward why should be listen to any of them?

explain please

many of those that "stepped forward" was found out to be lying... they ruined other peoples lives over blatant lies... what they claimed happened... never happened...

yes others were true and did happen and should NEVER happen...

clear enough?

it's too easy to come with lies 10 - 15 - 20 years later without a single shred of proof and ruin someones life... and it DID happen... more than once... during the #metoo BS... so many saw their chance to get rich/revenge/whatever when the true #metoo started... over here that led to people mostly shrugging off #metoo because of all the liars...
if you don't like someone as a woman you work with in the US? or just want their position? fabricate a lie and they are on the street later that day... THAT is an issue... and should NEVER happen either...

Hope i made it clear enough for you

I want to focus on this. Seriously now, that the actual f?

Screenshot from 2023-08-16 10-50-34.png

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

36 minutes ago, ayysub said:

With the other situation I would still believe "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" but this can't be explained by stupidity. what an absolutely toxic corporation. I regret giving them money and views.

5 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

yeah doesn't even have to be true, we saw that with #metoo

You act like this was revealed today - if you read the thread (& also have followed the situation) - she never directly addressed it until today, but if I recall she implied in a tweet or something shortly after leaving LMG that this was a thing, but it was heavily implied that it was LMG.

This thread is not taking advantage of a bandwagon, and to be honest in her position it would be scary to go up against an industry giant like Linus and expect to come out okay. If anything, GN's video helped provide a shield for her to come forward.

The real thing to be pissed off about is the fact that people are forced into silence and allegiance despite horrific things happening behind closed-doors. Speaking truth to power shouldn't be hard, and shouldn't have consequences.

8 minutes ago, venomtail said:

While I'm not saying this is a farce, would be mutually beneficial to hear both sides of the story. I feel like there might be a miscommunication of expectations of a workplace between a Zoomer and an older employee. One that find issue with how they're talked to and the other party being used to how it is.

Linus was probably oldest person on the team at the time and he’s in his early-30’s (1986). Everyone is far too young to be given the boomer benefit of the doubt.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

read between the lines people the timing is simply put convenient

9 minutes ago, Niosai said:

I'm gonna bite.

It's pretty clear you've never been in the kind of position where the expectation set, professional environment or not, is beyond the norm and/or beyond what has been communicated to you prior. Or, you've never been in a situation where your environment made you less able to adequately do your job for reasons outside of your control. I understand that for people like you, it's hard to imagine the reality of the situation she described in those Tweets. If what she said is true, her environment was not the kind of environment that was conducive to her performing the job, even if the workload was more manageable.

adapt. overcome. succeed. I face all kinds of shit that isn't in my job description daily I buckle the fawkes down and do the work

example its not my job to help unload the daily shipment of network cable. but I need the network cable todo my job and the longer that takes the longer I am here and longer it takes before I can go home. because I am not leaving untill I feel my job is done.

its not my job to run and get lunch for the crew but the sooner we all have full bellies the happier everybody will be and the more work gets done 

WHY? because I take some god dam pride in what I do and I don't leave because I am 'insulted' that my coworker or boss asked me to help out.

her job was the post on effing twitter exactly how hard do you think that could get at worst you need some basic photo editing skills and even with large post so what you blow a day on it 

Please don't misunderstand the start of this, I just want to explore a hypothetical

Assume what we hear back from Linus is:

"I apologize for my dishonesty and deflection about the monoblock, but the Madison stuff is definitely not true. We're all saints"

At that point does it even matter if the allegations are true? I wonder if without an investigation with a definitive conclusion, I'd assume he's lying again.

Edited by CantHelpMyself
clarity

12 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Probably because it's not.
Mostly she complains about the work being "too much" and the management not liking her.
Nothing about that is illegal.

There's a reference about "inappropriate grabbing" and "talking about sex" that we read as workplace sex abuse. But in reality she doesn't explain what she means. Someone can grab me from my arm to get my attention, and that would be inappropriate but won't be a crime.

She did explain everything in much more detail and you would know that if you bothered to have read everything she posted about her time there.

12 minutes ago, Niosai said:

Made an account solely to respond to this. Creating engaging short-form content (TikTok, YouTube Shorts, etc.) can actually be FAR more intensive than most people think it is.

It's not just

Film 30 second shitpost --> Submit --> Profit!

It's more like

Spend hours planning engaging/worthwhile content --> Throw out ideas that don't work, expand on those that might --> Make filming/editing plan, get external parties/on-screen talent involved --> Film content, sometimes requiring multiple takes and anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours filming depending on the content --> Edit the content, adding in overlays, subtitles, engaging on-screen elements, etc. --> Post content, maximize success potential with title, metadata, thumbnail, etc. --> Check analytics, see what worked and/or what didn't --> Rinse and repeat

It's very easy to trivialize the amount of work that goes into just one short little piece of content most people see once and never think about again.

Agreed. If it was as easy as filming a 30 second shitpost everyone would be famous on twitter.

I would like to add that for "rinse and repeat" that means you have to constantly come up with ideas. Your idea well can't run dry. If you use up all your good ideas you have to come up with more. It's one thing to do this when it's just for fun whenever a good idea pops into your head. It's another to have a constant deadline where you HAVE to come up with content even if you have writers block. You can't just half ass it either or your performance will drop and you will be replaced.

2 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

many of those that "stepped forward" was found out to be lying... they ruined other peoples lives over blatant lies... what they claimed happened... never happened...

yes others were true and did happen and should NEVER happen...

clear enough?

it's too easy to come with lies 10 - 15 - 20 years later without a single shred of proof and ruin someones life... and it DID happen... more than once... during the #metoo BS... so many saw their chance to get rich/revenge/whatever when the true #metoo started... over here that led to people mostly shrugging off #metoo because of all the liars...
if you don't like someone as a woman you work with in the US? or just want their position? fabricate a lie and they are on the street later that day... THAT is an issue... and should NEVER happen either...

Hope i made it clear enough for you

and this is exactly why I don't trust anybody that 'comes foward' after X years

a few bad apples have completely ruined the entire orchard and the entire thing is now a write off 

So, overworked worker was sexualy assaulted, verbally abused (improper language in workplace would be enough even if it wasn't constant, like she implies it was) and scared shitless because LMG fanbois sent her death threats... 

People here say her work was easy, ok if that's true, why doesn't LMG to this day post as often as they wanted from her? I mean it's easy, right? 

Self harm because you're terrified what will happen when you take day off is not a joke, that stuff is serious, you have to be in a really really bad workplace to think "yes, this is the best option" - people will turn it into "she's fragile lolz", but even if she would be, that doesn't make it ok, it's managers job (literally) to make sure something like this never ever happens 

9 minutes ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Please for the love of god, shut the fuck up.

Agreed - she doesn't need to name names, and not doing so is a choice she has 100% a right to do - let her speak on her terms, it's her story. She's strong for doing this.

From what I've seen (in videos only so this might not be the reality) Madison always felt like a child to me, not in a bad/negative way but in the sense that I was feeling she's lacking maturity/experience of the real world. 

What she said may or may not be true, I wasn't there and therefore can not take side for neither parties. But for me part of here complaints looks like being by what the reality of work/life is. 

Some allegations are pretty serious though and should be treated with care with care until we have more informations/proof about it and those could really be damaging if they appear to be true. 

Standard take on this thread:

'Hears allegations, defaultly assumes other party is in the wrong' without hearing the other side.