Youtue 2022 Priorities {Letter from Susan: Our 2022 Priorities} [NFT's, Dislike button, and more things]

darknessblade

Summary 

According to a paragraph in a article by  Susan Wojcicki Youtube might be planning to support NFT's in the near future

Quotes

quote regarding NFT's

We’re also looking further ahead to the future and have been following everything happening in Web3 as a source of inspiration to continue innovating on YouTube. The past year in the world of crypto, nonfungible tokens (NFTs), and even decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) has highlighted a previously unimaginable opportunity to grow the connection between creators and their fans. We’re always focused on expanding the YouTube ecosystem to help creators capitalize on emerging technologies, including things like NFTs, while continuing to strengthen and enhance the experiences creators and fans have on YouTube.

Quote regarding the Dislike button

Thoughts on the dislikes update

We heard from many of you about the removal of public dislike counts on YouTube, and I know this decision was controversial. Some of you mentioned dislikes helped you decide what videos to watch. However, people dislike videos for many reasons, including some that have nothing to do with the video, which means it’s not always an accurate way to select videos to watch. That’s why dislikes were never shown on the home page, search results, or Up Next screens where users were most likely to choose a video.
~~~

~~~
Every way we looked at it, we did not see a meaningful difference in viewership, regardless of whether or not there was a public dislike count. And importantly, it reduced dislike attacks.

My thoughts

Bloody hell, youtube is gonna get more trash by the day. and Supporting NFT's is the furthest from being good, NFT's are nothing more than a Glorified Pyramid scheme, or used for Money laundry, and tax evasion.

As for the Dislike button, they should bring this back.

they do talk about viewership. but their system counts views no matter if if you watch 1 second, or the entire video

As people use the dislike button mainly to avoid scam video's. 

Sources

https://blog.youtube/inside-youtube/letter-susan-our-2022-priorities/

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

wait so they judge the meaningfullness of the dislike button solely based on views? 

Just because someone watched a video doesn't mean they liked it? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

YouTube NFTs may be in the works. In a letter published today, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki suggested the company is looking to branch into NFTs in the future as another source of revenue for creators

Summary

Youtube CEO, Susan Wojcicki, suggested that they are looking in to "branching out" into NFT as apparently it will strengthen experiences for fans and creators alike. Features that are rumored to come are being able to sell their content as an NFT and allow users to show off their own NFTs. Another rumor suggests that to creators will have to meet certain requirements in the popularity of their channel like a high subscriber count in order to be able to sell NFT's.

Quotes

“We’re always focused on expanding the YouTube ecosystem to help creators capitalize on emerging technologies, including things like NFTs, while continuing to strengthen and enhance the experiences creators and fans have on YouTube,” the letter reads. -the verge

My thoughts

NFT's need to go away.

Sources

YouTube CEO hints at potential NFT features - The Verge

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

wait so they judge the meaningfullness of the dislike button solely based on views? 

I guess she is saying that removing the dislike button doesnt have an affect on clicks

🥦🥦

Youtube is getting worse, their search is garbage now you get some relevant results and the rest is related stuff the algorithm thinks you'll want to watch.

Also hopefully someone comes up with an add-on that blocks this NFT crap.

Great, so we're getting worthless apes NFT on Youtube and Dislike button ain't coming back because "viewership didn't decrease" ....

YEAH NO SHlT! It's to help REDUCE viewership on awful videos that we want the dislike button, not the opposite! 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

31 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Worst part from what i know, is that Views are based on Clicks.

So even if you only watched 1 second of a video it still counts as a view.

which would mean scam video's are still getting millions of views.

and without comments or the Dislike button, you cannot see if its a scam or not.

The 1 million view to 1K likes might be a giveaway of that its a scam. but it still does not solve the core problem:

Youtube not doing anything when you report them.

║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║

40 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

The past year in the world of crypto, nonfungible tokens (NFTs), and even decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) has highlighted a previously unimaginable opportunity to grow the connection between creators and their fans.

Ah yes, unimaginable opportunities such as offering paid for content, which was already done through services like Patreon since Youtube refused to ever introduce an official system, and... nothing else? Damn, could not have imagined that before cryptobros came out with an inefficient way to do it!

42 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

That’s why dislikes were never shown on the home page, search results, or Up Next screens where users were most likely to choose a video.

I'm pretty sure this is a lie, dislikes used to be shown in navigation but that was removed years ago. Incidentally that was also annoying.

43 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

Every way we looked at it, we did not see a meaningful difference in viewership, regardless of whether or not there was a public dislike count. And importantly, it reduced dislike attacks.

If it made no difference then why does she insist that it was a problem?

40 minutes ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

The internet is becoming worse and worse by the day. Tech giants need to die and let newcomers shine.

Highly unlikely. As time goes on, the largest platforms will keep getting larger and opportunities to break into the space will disappear. Ironically, crypto and its derivatives are helping this process along by gifting these ghouls with even more tools for fractal monetization and drm locking.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

57 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Also hopefully someone comes up with an add-on that blocks this NFT crap.

im sure someone will develop an add-on for this exact purpose, we did it with twitter so youtube isn't a stretch.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

1 hour ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

The internet is becoming worse and worse by the day. Tech giants need to die and let newcomers shine.

I have my honest hope in Web 3.0 regarding this. Eg. if it comes to youtube-style content, then LBRY / Odysee is mostly technologically ready, at least within its own concept of a Web 3.0 video tube.

Donations are proven by now to be able to replace youtube-like ad-based monetization for at least some types of content (see many Twitch creators).

Let it be LBRY or something else, there are a lot of content creators sick of youtube, and sooner or later an open source decentralized platform will emerge.

1 hour ago, darknessblade said:

Every way we looked at it, we did not see a meaningful difference in viewership, regardless of whether or not there was a public dislike count.

So nothing matters just the viewership = ad revenue for youtube! This statement just stinks from youtube's ignorance towards it's users. So fucking outrageous.

\   ^__^ 
          \  (oo)\_______
             (__)\       )\/\

I'll scream it till I die I swear to god

NFTS ARE A SCAM. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE, CONGRATS, YOU'RE THE MARK!

And yes, this means I think YouTube and their fucking braindead executives are indeed marks for the scam. Because they are.

2 hours ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

People said that about YouTube and tictoc was born.

They said it about Facebook and meta came screaming out.

Be careful about what you ask for

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Shopping

We’re investing to make YouTube the next generation of commerce. We’ve introduced a creator tagging pilot program that gives viewers the chance to browse, learn about, and shop products featured in their favorite videos. We're also in the early phases of testing how shopping can be integrated with Shorts.

🤮 Just what Youtube needs more advertising crammed in to videos. I can't wait until my favourite creators turn in to a late night shopping network.

Thoughts on the dislikes update

We heard from many of you about the removal of public dislike counts on YouTube, and I know this decision was controversial. Some of you mentioned dislikes helped you decide what videos to watch. However, we don't care what you think. Fuck you.

Fixed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, darknessblade said:

Summary 

According to a paragraph in a article by  Susan Wojcicki Youtube might be planning to support NFT's in the near future

Quotes

quote regarding NFT's

Quote regarding the Dislike button

My thoughts

Bloody hell, youtube is gonna get more trash by the day. and Supporting NFT's is the furthest from being good, NFT's are nothing more than a Glorified Pyramid scheme, or used for Money laundry, and tax evasion.

As for the Dislike button, they should bring this back.

they do talk about viewership. but their system counts views no matter if if you watch 1 second, or the entire video

As people use the dislike button mainly to avoid scam video's. 

Sources

https://blog.youtube/inside-youtube/letter-susan-our-2022-priorities/

Dislike counts can stay gone. And anyone who defends dislikes or recommends plugins to bring them back, are likely the same people who download adblockers and don't care about the damage they do using it either.

I would have preferred a "we deny the existance of a Web3" answer. None of this Web3 stuff exists, and nobody is going to care about it.

The original "web" was all static text. Web 2.0 was about the dynamic interaction (read, pushing processing to the client side, to save server resources from doing all the rendering server-side). All the cryptobros have proposed for web3 was going back to web 1.0 (re-decentralization) but focusing on artificial scarcity to make money, rather than any positive outcomes.

Think about all the reasons why we had decentralization in the first place. Bandwidth costs. Incompatible standards. Once Microsoft decided to adhere to HTML5 standards, Web 2.0 was in full swing. There is no 3, because the only thing that has qualified as decentralized is blockchain, and we're not even storing content on the blockchain, just checksums of things. That's not a "web" that's simply adding another layer that nobody gives a crap about. Wake me when Microsoft, Google and Apple are selling "personal cloud-in-a-box" that runs the same software their cloud services do, except moves the "edge" to inside your network.

8 hours ago, Murasaki said:

NFT - No fucking thanks.

I'll see myself out.

and you and everyone else will keep watching yt, thats the problem .

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

has anyone else noticed that the age of videos seems to be not showing up in a lot of search views?

Like, it's there on the video itself, but not a results or big index window?

I'm not sure if I'm imaginging it or if it's something that's happening.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

14 hours ago, darknessblade said:

And importantly, it reduced dislike attacks.

Prove it.

Hiding it doesn't mean they stopped. Or could it be they don't want to admit that it actually did nothing?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 hours ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

It doiesn't help that 99% of internet users are brain dead morons willing to sell their soul to the first company promising them popularity.

12 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

I'll scream it till I die I swear to god

NFTS ARE A SCAM. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE, CONGRATS, YOU'RE THE MARK!

And yes, this means I think YouTube and their fucking braindead executives are indeed marks for the scam. Because they are.

Youtube might just be purveyors of the scam.  They see a market they can make some quick coin from and don't care what happens after that.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

NFT will surly die out in a few years, at least in EU.  NFT are now (since November 2021) included in MiCA (Market in Crypto-Assets), new law that EU are adopting in 2023.

1 minute ago, Kroon said:

NFT will surly die out in a few years, at least in EU.  NFT are now (since November 2021) included in MiCA (Market in Crypto-Assets), new law that EU are adopting in 2023.

Not forgetting if the EU does enough research they will find out NFT's are a type of Glorified Pyramid scheme which would mean they define it as ILLEGAL

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-8-2018-002318_EN.html

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX%3A62012CC0515

17 hours ago, broccoli27 said:

I guess she is saying that removing the dislike button doesnt have an affect on clicks

also wanting to say dislike button is less used now. Like of course it will, when its already is being made to be pointless and they just say that it's by "community feedback" when they know, they already is set to nuke or reduce the function of dislikes.

14 hours ago, Murasaki said:

NFT - No fucking thanks.

I'll see myself out.

but you got to mint yourself before it's too late! mint your grandmother, mint your house and everything else, to be used with the metaverse!

Before the monkey clones mint everything you own!