LTT Official Folding Month 2021!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Well here we are guys, the end of the road for folding month 2021, thank you all for getting involved and I hope you guys have a good christmas and new year. 

Remember if you are wanting to continue talking about folding, the event or anything related you can go the the folding community board

@TVwazhere @Spotty Could you please lock the thread and move any further posts after this one to the folding community board. 

Further to the above, here's an example.  

Notice how flat the line is (irrespective of the WU spikes and drops caused by checkpoints and F@H processing sanity checks).  If you see any gentle rise with a falloff afterwards, your CPU cooling may be the cause.  The rise is caused by a "cooler" CPU heatsink that eventually gets heat-soaked (quicker on air, slower on water) with the resulting falloff of clocks and power thereafter.  If the falloff is continual, you've also got case cooling issues as the CPU heatsink/radiator is starved for cool air.  Again, WU differences can mask this issue so it may be hard to detect.

S.

folding fall 21 performance tuning 5.jpg

30 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well Today I woke up with my system offline, looks like another stick of dominator platinum has shit the bed... down to 4GB of ram on my main system now and don't think I have the money to buy more. Will have to see. 

I think I will try to RMA the ram but without the original purchase order I'm not sure if I can. 

Why in gods name does all this crap always happen to me right before a folding event... 

"Murphy" was a computer hardware engineer? 🙂

2 minutes ago, Red 🙂 said:

meanwhile...

image.png.7b7cc3d6aae012f84cdd23f269985691.png

Linux?  System update that broke the video driver?

Just now, Starman57 said:

Linux?  System update that broke the video driver?

nope, Windows 10

also the main problem is that it doesn't want to download a CPU WU

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

1 minute ago, Red 🙂 said:

nope, Windows 10

also the main problem is that it doesn't want to download a CPU WU

What does the log say?  Anything useful?

1 minute ago, Starman57 said:

What does the log say?  Anything useful?

Spoiler

13:17:43:WARNING:WU00:FS00:Failed to get assignment from 'assign4.foldingathome.org:80': 10001: Server responded: HTTP_FORBIDDEN
13:17:43:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

Maybe it could be because I'm at the dorm rn.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

Spoiler

Just now, Red 🙂 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

13:17:43:WARNING:WU00:FS00:Failed to get assignment from 'assign4.foldingathome.org:80': 10001: Server responded: HTTP_FORBIDDEN

Crappy wireless?

2 minutes ago, Starman57 said:

Crappy wireless?

nope, wired

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

Spoiler

12 hours ago, GrockleTD said:

I'm sorry if there was a post somewhere that i missed, but would i be able to confirm that i am indeed signed up for the event?

You are signed up just fine. You can check your signups here but @GOTSpectrum has been tied up with other things and it's not been updated for a while, I'm sure it will be done soon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JgH_jsPWioAWJLJ7tatc-F6oNhp-GlnBqu2ya-k2Lak/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Red 🙂 said:
  Hide contents

Forbidden either means that their server is broken or disabled at the moment, or since you mentioned being in a dorm, it could also be content blocking by the campus, though I don't know why they'd block F@H.

1 hour ago, marknd59 said:

You are signed up just fine. You can check your signups here but @GOTSpectrum has been tied up with other things and it's not been updated for a while, I'm sure it will be done soon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JgH_jsPWioAWJLJ7tatc-F6oNhp-GlnBqu2ya-k2Lak/edit?usp=sharing

Just done it now

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm going to see my baby nieces for the afternoon/evening then I';; be cracking on with getting everything replied to and sorted out. 

Have a good day everyone 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well Today I woke up with my system offline, looks like another stick of dominator platinum has shit the bed... down to 4GB of ram on my main system now and don't think I have the money to buy more. Will have to see. 

Ddr 3 or 4? Overclocked or stock? Ram is something I typically have access too....

Intel 10900X and 10850KA. NVIDIA 3090FE and EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N Hydro Copper. 196GB RAM. 2x Corsair AX1200I power supplies, $6K in Corsair Hydro-X Custom cooling all wrapped up in a Phantex Enthoo Elite dedicated to supporting F@H (User ID PEZUI on team LTT! 223518)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/ofazed/i_might_as_well_at_least_commit_to_this_if_i_am/ 

I wish F@H could support older GPU`s.  I have a Reference HD 4870x2 2GB that I would like to run Folding@Home on but I just can`t get it to run on neither of the GPU`s in the card and the best I can do with my i7-860 is 19,000 Points per day which is really low.

I'll only be CPU folding until my term exams get over(Dec 7th), hopefully with an i7-10750H and a Surface running part-time, that should net around a million points until I can start running it on a GPU. My main worry is that if I get a lot of big WUs that take more than one day to complete, I may not record 20 days of participation.

1 hour ago, WickedThunder86 said:

and the best I can do with my i7-860 is 19,000 Points per day which is really low.

but it is still enough to participate 🙂

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

Alright lets see if I can crack the top 500 to start out strong since I missed last event due to life. Here's out to you lovely folks, a friendly competition, and the greater good (home heating). 🍻

18 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Just done it now

Egg-Roll Egg-Roll No folding badge.

<<<<< ?

I technically have a badge, actually 2 😛 I'm just too lazy to request my third one (now busy) 🤣 If I wasn't so lazy I might have had the Gold badge before they changed the amount required. I'll need to check but that Newbie badge might be wrong as well lol... Won't get to that till Sunday tho likely as work wants me in on Saturday if possible.

3 hours ago, rkv_2401 said:

but it is still enough to participate 🙂

I don't think it would be enough to to get to 500k points and I can't run my PC 24/7 because my area only gets electricity for like 4-5 hours and my more than decade old components won't like running at 100 percent load for more than a month constantly.

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

I'll need to check but that Newbie badge might be wrong as well lol...

You participated in the 2018 and 2019 events, but I don't have record of you for the 2020 event. You might not have met the minimum requirements (days activity/points) or might not have participated in 2020. If that's a mistake and you did participate in 2020 and met the minimum requirements send me a PM and I'll see what I can dig up.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 hours ago, Pezui said:

Ddr 3 or 4? Overclocked or stock? Ram is something I typically have access too....

DDR4, dominator plat running at 3400 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So I've added all the prizes and replied to all outstanding messages, if I have missed you somehow please do let me know 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Folding update: As it turns out, the dorm's network really doesn't like f@h assignment servers.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, Red 🙂 said:

Folding update: As it turns out, the dorm's network really doesn't like f@h assignment servers.

I'm presuming you can't/don't have a VPN? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Erm so I might not be able to fold .. My PSU just went pop 😭

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro