LTT Official Folding Month 2021!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Well here we are guys, the end of the road for folding month 2021, thank you all for getting involved and I hope you guys have a good christmas and new year. 

Remember if you are wanting to continue talking about folding, the event or anything related you can go the the folding community board

@TVwazhere @Spotty Could you please lock the thread and move any further posts after this one to the folding community board. 

14 hours ago, CT854 said:

Any minute now...

15 hours ago, GodOfROG said:

Is it Tomorrow yet? 😄

On 10/18/2021 at 10:28 PM, IgorSinelnikov said:

How do I know if I got registered successfully?

sorry for the delay, my family needed support over the last few days, I'll be running through the validation and try to get it sorted today. If someone else from the team is around it shouldn't take all that long, if it's just me expect it to be a few hours. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

sorry for the delay, my family needed support over the last few days, I'll be running through the validation and try to get it sorted today. If someone else from the team is around it shouldn't take all that long, if it's just me expect it to be a few hours. 

*hugs*

Validation pass complete with help from @J-from-Nucleon

I'll get a blog post together and posted when I'm back at my PC, shouldn't be too long. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Please see here for the list of sign ups. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Also a reminding that if you qualify for a folding badge we on the events team would really appreciate you get one on your profile as it makes verifying entries much quicker. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I was an idiot by entering "LTT Folding Month 2021" in the  LTT Forum Name field.

Who do I bug to change it to "IgorSinelnikov"  (that's my fuorum name)

Note: record #32 in the spreadsheet.

4 minutes ago, IgorSinelnikov said:

I was an idiot by entering "LTT Folding Month 2021" in the  LTT Forum Name field.

Who do I bug to change it to "IgorSinelnikov"  (that's my fuorum name)

Note: record #32 in the spreadsheet.

I'll correct that for you 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Thanks for the heads up Spec, was distracted by work and other random life things. I just updated one machine to Windows 11 for performance comparisons so I guess we'll see how she folds. Should be a decent stability test to see if I managed to quell the unstable trash-fire that is my 3950x, probably burnt the SoC playing around with XOC memory settings too much. I may toss another cpu/gpu at this closer to the day of the event, still pissing around with my 5800x and it's a pain to cool well in a Small Form Factor case with no water cooling.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:21 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

In my infinite wisdom I replied to the blog post instead of the thread. Whoops.

My forum name should be CT854, while my F@H name is correct at CT548.

No, I don't know why I did that to myself.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

On 10/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, RollinLower said:

you're on 20.04 or something though, right? because the fahcontrol program @Spottywas referencing does not work on 20.04. last Ubuntu release it worked on was 18.04.

There have been some workarounds over time, but none of them are really great. i would just advise to run 18.04 and be done with it.

I am currently running FAHControl on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and it was as simple as installing these deb packages:

freeglut3_2.8.1-3_amd64.deb
libgl1-mesa-glx_20.2.6-0ubuntu0.20.04.1_amd64.deb
libpython2-stdlib_2.7.17-2ubuntu4_amd64.deb
libpython2.7-minimal_2.7.18-1~20.04.1_amd64.deb
libpython2.7-stdlib_2.7.18-1~20.04.1_amd64.deb
python-cairo_1.16.2-2ubuntu2_amd64.deb
python-gobject-2_2.28.6-14ubuntu1_amd64.deb
python-gtk2_2.24.0-4ubuntu1_amd64.deb
python-is-python2_2.7.17-4_all.deb
python2-minimal_2.7.17-2ubuntu4_amd64.deb
python2.7-minimal_2.7.18-1~20.04.1_amd64.deb
python2.7_2.7.18-1~20.04.1_amd64.deb
python2_2.7.17-2ubuntu4_amd64.deb

My Folding Stats

My BOINC Stats

VelosterN:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 32GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 6750 XT OC

Corsair Crystal Series 680x RGB - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB NVMe - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe - Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5" SSD X2

EVGA P2 80+ Platinum 850Watt PSU - BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Corsair K70 LUX - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Sennheiser HD599 - Blue Yeti Mic

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

BettyBoop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 5500 XT - Fractal Design Core 500

Samsung 860 Pro 512GB Sata - EVGA 550GM 80+ Gold 550Watt SFX PSU - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

HTPC:

Intel i7 6700K - Asus Maximus Hero VIII - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16GB - MSI RX480 Gaming-X 8GB - Cooler Master 932 HAF

Seagate 250GB HDD - EVGA G2 80+ Gold 650Watt PSU - Corsair H100i

Windows 10 Professional Version 21H2

best of luck, ladles and gentlespoons or whatever kitchen utensil you identify as!

still no folding for me 😞 but please let me know if there is anyway that you want me to help out otherwise!

thank you as always for your time and effort in organising this event, @GOTSpectrum!

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

I signed up without checking to see if Dirk was already taken or not. Turns out it was and I signed up again with Dirkadin. Is there anything I need to do to clean that up?

Aha the first year I have spotted this in time to take part.

Great timing for a folding month for me. It is just getting cold enough that I was considering putting it on to heat the house anyway 😅 

2 hours ago, Musty said:

Great timing for a folding month for me. It is just getting cold enough that I was considering putting it on to heat the house anyway 😅 

The timing of this event is never coincidental 😉 as long as you're on the Northern hemisphere that is

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

does anyone have experience or thoughts on replacing loud server fans with nf-a8 pwm or similar for more pleasurable home use

Fun but warm times ahead. Got to get those temps under control.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

On 10/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, Antistatic12 said:

Fun but warm times ahead. Got to get those temps under control.

Those Canadians have the Icy advantage...

On 10/23/2021 at 4:31 AM, NetoriusNick said:

does anyone have experience or thoughts on replacing loud server fans with nf-a8 pwm or similar for more pleasurable home use

Been there tried that - the reduction was not as great as I had hoped - I ended up moving to a solution that added sound baffles and rotated the server on its side.

8 hours ago, GodOfROG said:

Those Canadians have the Icy advantage...

yes, we do, indeed ... 😉

On 10/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Gorgon said:

No, you can't tell the Folding client to utilize a thread at a specific utilization. As you've found you just have to reduce the total number of threads used for CPU Folding and let the OS's Scheduler do it's thing.

12 cores or 12 threads?

If your hitting 90.8C folding on all cores without PBO or an overclock then you might want to check the mount on that AIO as it seems high. Might also just be the motherboard has an overly aggressive set of thermal targets (the AMD equivalent of Core Enhancement on Intel).

I'm seeing (26C Ambient):

75C on 5950x on EVGA 240 CLC (30 threads of BOINC and 1 thread feeding Folding Slots

76.5C on 3950x on NH-D15 (29 threads BOINC and 2 threads feeding Folding Slots

78C on 3900x on NH-D15 78C (21 threads of BOINC and 2 threads feeding Folding Slots

73C on 9900k on EVGA 280 CLC (13 threads BOINC and 2 threads feeding Folding Slots)

But I've also reduced the Power Targets in BIOS for the AMD CPUs and am running a -200MHz AVX offset on the 9900k.

for me am seeing 60 c on all core lock 3ghz  with 32 cores and 64t threads

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

anyone had issues with HFM not reading clients correctly  just getting 00s for eta and tpf. This happened post windows update, HFM required update due to .net issue. on 9.26 any thoughts? (tried fresh install of HFM). also on restart of HFM it does not remember old setup/clients.

For me HFM sees the info correctly in realtime but stopped logging anything in the history since January or so, never found out why...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 10/20/2021 at 12:21 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

I submitted my forum/folding name  through the form as per usual but haven't been added to the list yet. I resubmitted my name today just incase the form ate my entry due to a browser bug or something. Considering the current situation I figured people were just busy. I won't be too broken up about it if I don't get added, I'm not really in it for the glory anyway otherwise I'd throw some money at this and piss off my landlord (utilities are covered by my rent)

2 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

I submitted my forum/folding name  through the form as per usual but haven't been added to the list yet. I resubmitted my name today just incase the form ate my entry due to a browser bug or something. Considering the current situation I figured people were just busy. I won't be too broken up about it if I don't get added, I'm not really in it for the glory anyway otherwise I'd throw some money at this and piss off my landlord (utilities are covered by my rent)

The list is updated manually, I've not been around again while we we're working out funeral arrangements 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240