budget gaming pc

Go to solution Solved by okkee,
17 minutes ago, danzel13 said:

Budget (including currency): £500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, forza horizon 5, Microsoft flight simulator

Other details building budget pc and i want to play normal titles at ultra settings and competitive games a high fps

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

everything seems alright (you might want to double check the psu on the tierlist tho). The 6500xt tho is a definite no go. It really just isn't built for gaming and will not run those games you mentioned all that well. forza 5 needs at least a 470 for min spec which that barely beats. The 12100f is a really good decent starting point, especially if buying new but that gpu is to its detriment. Also just bad value. Should you stick with buying new, the 6600 is 50 usd more, may or may not be a lot of money (it definitely is for me) but it will actually give you a solid build and an enjoyable experience on all those titles. Alternatively, you can go used. For around 150 usd, you can get a 5700/1070/5600xt which aren't bad cards and should still be a great experience.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, forza horizon 5, Microsoft flight simulator

Other details building budget pc and i want to play normal titles at ultra settings and competitive games a high fps

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

At this budget you really should look into buying used, but either way, you won't be able to play on ultra settings at this budget, unless the game is from 2010

to be honest im  not botherd about frame rates at ultra settings as long as its over 30fps

Capture 3.PNG

17 minutes ago, danzel13 said:

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

everything seems alright (you might want to double check the psu on the tierlist tho). The 6500xt tho is a definite no go. It really just isn't built for gaming and will not run those games you mentioned all that well. forza 5 needs at least a 470 for min spec which that barely beats. The 12100f is a really good decent starting point, especially if buying new but that gpu is to its detriment. Also just bad value. Should you stick with buying new, the 6600 is 50 usd more, may or may not be a lot of money (it definitely is for me) but it will actually give you a solid build and an enjoyable experience on all those titles. Alternatively, you can go used. For around 150 usd, you can get a 5700/1070/5600xt which aren't bad cards and should still be a great experience.

Microsoft Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon 5 on Ultra? On a 6500XT and 12100f? Depending on your resolution you're not going to even get 30FPS. Fortnite in performance mode at medium/high settings or even ultra should be fine. I'd definitely look into either saving up some more money for a better system. Or going the used route, check FB marketplace or local classifieds sometimes people get rid of some wicked systems for cheap. Maybe getting the 12100f and pairing it with a used 30 series RTX card like a 3070?

4 minutes ago, danzel13 said:

to be honest im  not botherd about frame rates at ultra settings as long as its over 30fps

(Picture removed for clutter)

What Calculator are you using for this? Most of these calculators are complete shams. Going off of YouTube videos of the specs you want playing these games which is actual performance compared to the generated stats of whatever website you are using, Cyberpunk is only getting an average of 40fps on low settings at 1080p. Ultra, there's no way that calculator is right.

With your budget and wants, maybe getting an XBOX Series X may be more within your grasp. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Here's a pretty good vid looking at current performance of the 6500xt

like, it's not that bad but you could do so much better for the money

2 minutes ago, okkee said:

thanks so much ill get but cant find any 1070s for 150 what psu should i get instead

im going with the rx 6600 thanks for all the help what psu should i get instead

3 minutes ago, danzel13 said:

I can only find a gtx1650 for 139 pounds

Check CEX, they actually sell GPUs at quite a decent price, which is pretty new and surprising info for me tbh so take it with a grain of salt

gtx 1660 for £100

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sgranvi1660gtx6gb&categoryName=pci-express-graphics-cards&superCatName=computing&title=&queryID=836ffdfe991f3698a30d07aaee322f0c&position=12

though id recommend a

gtx 1080 for £145

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=sgranvi1080gtx8gba&categoryName=pci-express-graphics-cards&superCatName=computing&title=&queryID=836ffdfe991f3698a30d07aaee322f0c&position=14

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

40 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon 5 on Ultra? On a 6500XT and 12100f? Depending on your resolution you're not going to even get 30FPS. Fortnite in performance mode at medium/high settings or even ultra should be fine. I'd definitely look into either saving up some more money for a better system. Or going the used route, check FB marketplace or local classifieds sometimes people get rid of some wicked systems for cheap. Maybe getting the 12100f and pairing it with a used 30 series RTX card like a 3070?

What Calculator are you using for this? Most of these calculators are complete shams. Going off of YouTube videos of the specs you want playing these games which is actual performance compared to the generated stats of whatever website you are using, Cyberpunk is only getting an average of 40fps on low settings at 1080p. Ultra, there's no way that calculator is right.

With your budget and wants, maybe getting an XBOX Series X may be more within your grasp. 

a series X would probably be best. Especially for 1080p60 on the latest and greatest.

37 minutes ago, danzel13 said:

thanks so much ill get but cant find any 1070s for 150 what psu should i get instead

the psu seems alright tho.

19 minutes ago, okkee said:

a series X would probably be best. Especially for 1080p60 on the latest and greatest.

im so used to 30fps on nintendo switch lol. im getting a rx 6600 instead and spend a little bit more money

1 hour ago, danzel13 said:

im so used to 30fps on nintendo switch lol. im getting a rx 6600 instead and spend a little bit more money

So you'd rather pay more, for less performance? The XBOX Series X runs at a minimum of 60fps and that's at 4K in fidelity mode. And performance mode in a lot of games is 120fps. I'd at least read up on it, for what games you're wanting to play and at what settings. I don't think you could get a computer that would run better for the price. https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/xbox-series-x 

If consoles just aren't your jam, I'd understand, but just having been in your shoes in the past, It's so much more worth it to save up and get a better computer from the get go than to go for the bare minimum. You'll just end up spending more in the long run. The console would just be a better alternative for your budget.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

46 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

So you'd rather pay more, for less performance? The XBOX Series X runs at a minimum of 60fps and that's at 4K in fidelity mode. And performance mode in a lot of games is 120fps. I'd at least read up on it, for what games you're wanting to play and at what settings. I don't think you could get a computer that would run better for the price. https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/xbox-series-x 

If consoles just aren't your jam, I'd understand, but just having been in your shows in the past, It's so much more worth it to save up and get a better computer from the get go than to go for the bare minimum. You'll just end up spending more in the long run.

A PC is a bit of a heavy investment, especially a budget build. It's really worth considering what exactly you aim to do and whether or not the convenience that a console experience offers may not be better. Remember, it isn't just about how much you're spending on pc parts now but also considering upgrades, troubleshooting, repairs etc. Should something happen, is it worth the headache of fixing it or paying to get it fixed. Consoles have similar problems but they're often easier to solve.

1 hour ago, danzel13 said:

a 12100f + 6600 should do you alright. and fsr should help out if they struggle to keep up. but i can assure you that 30fps is not a reasonable pc experience. idk what it is about it but it just never feels right, kinda slow/sluggish and you'll start to notice it everywhere. at least this is how i feel after gaming on pc for a little while. I can literally feel the slightest of drops in frame time and it just messes with my flow. 
Anyways, ~600 worth of parts is some serious money and once again, would a ps5/xbox sex(lol) not be a better use of the cash. just something to think about.
In any case, happy gaming. hope it all goes well.