Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Linux RGB Setup

Follow up to the "ULTIMATE RGB PC Tech Support Challenge!!"

Setup the entire RGB hardware featured in the video, but on Linux. I'm pretty sure Anthony could figure it out.

I have three suggestions, so I'll post them individually

First, a product review

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BX0YKX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_wXSVFbFG8W2JJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'd like you to review this Small form factor keyboard, perhaps alongside other bluetooth keyboards, and test it out with pc, consoles, and smart tvs, to show off full compatibility.

Next, I'd like you to show us how to map an xbox or playstation (or generic 3rd party) controller to navigate a windows and linux desktop. Map functionality however you feel comfortable with, here's what I'd try to do

Left stick= mouse

Right stick=scroll

D-pad=snap to desktop shortcut or start menu options

A/X=left click

B/Circle= right click

Start/Options=Start menu

Finally, another techtuber by the name of ThioJoe has his own Roku Channel. I'd like you to review the channel (and maybe talk about when linus can have one.)

While I really enjoyed the comedic aspect of Colton's Intel rig reboot, could y'all audit and fix the builds for all of the not yet filmed one's? For the sake of entertainment value, you could even have the audit be a part of the video, where you go through their original build and Linus points out the issues and suggests alternatives (which would probably need to be recorded before ordering any parts).

And in the vein of Smell-o-vision, I stumbled upon UltraLeap's Stratos products, which are ultrasonic hand touch simulator? No clue how well it works, but it would be great to see Linus / Colin test it out. You could also get their Leap Motion (which was made by a company they have since acquired) as part of the same video, or as a separate video. 

I want more videos on the LG 8k oled, surely other games can run 8k on that thing and I would definitely enjoy seeing the two best gpu's go at on that thing. 

That is technology non of us can afford and was wasted on a 10 minute video. 

30k TV for a 10 minute video? 

What else do you want them to say about it?

It's stunning so it will be regardless of game, and you can't experience any of it through a video...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

28 minutes ago, Totality said:

the ultimate bottlenecked system

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 5950x | 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz | XFX Reference 6800 XT | MSI Unify X570 | Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | bequiet 850W Straight Power 11

Server: Ryzen 5 3600 | 4x32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz | Asrock Rack X470D4U | Samsung EVO Plus 250GB, 6x Seagate Exos 8TB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB | bequiet 550W Straight Power 11

Have they considered using green screens to make it look like old Lan shows? Maybe put a monitor on Linus' left with Luke's video on it to make it look like they are talking to each other IRL?

Hi,

I think it might be interesting to see a comparison of Nvidia Gamestream, Nvidia Gamestream with Moonlight client, AMD Link and Steam Link from a desktop to the new Chromecast with Google TV. I am using Nvidia Gamestream in this setup with a wireless Xbox controller connected to the Chromecast, and it works pretty well. A comparison between Nvidia, AMD and Steam with respect to video quality, input lag etc would be nice for people deciding on buying a new GPU (Yes, this is partly because I'm considering buying an AMD card but I'm afraid of how the quality will be). All three of these apps, as well as Moonlight (open source client for Nvidia Gamestream and better than the proprietary app) are available on the Chromecast.

So the possible contestants would be:

• Amd Link
  • Nvidia Gamestream (with Gamestream app)
  • Nvidia Gamestream (with Moonlight app)
  • Steam Link with AMD GPU
  • Steam Link with Nvidia GPU

Cheers,

Martijn

Edit:

Maybe you could also touch on the subject of routers; How to tell whether you are getting the most out of your Chromecast and expensive gaming PC or when it's time to upgrade the router.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

DNA Data storage, surely it's fitting a Holy **** episode?

What about a video reviewing a bunch of the 3D prtinted ITX cases on thingiverse and then maby do a follow up with an LTT design that takes the best of each one and tries to make the best ITX case. LInks to a few good ones but there are lots on there. 
 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3752149

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3326170

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3704806

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4035960

9 hours ago, WastefulGlint82 said:

This years best budget PC please!

It's meaningless to do that considering the global shortage of chips.

Running minecraft on a too much cpu cores system und letting a huge chunk of tnt explode

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

6 hours ago, Enzo1001 said:

Running minecraft on a too much cpu cores system und letting a huge chunk of tnt explode

minecraft can only take advantage of 1 thread a 4 core and a 64 core at the same speeds would be the same

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

minecraft can only take advantage of 1 thread a 4 core and a 64 core at the same speeds would be the same

video suggestion:

run 128 programs at the same time with 4TB of RAM on a 64 core CPU and prove it's possible

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Are you sure about that? Im beause when i was playing, all my 6 cores where used and 100% cpu usage (9600k )

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Just now, wall03 said:

video suggestion:

run 128 programs at the same time with 4TB of RAM on a 64 core CPU and prove it's possible

there is curremtlyy no way that im aware of to have 4tb of ram