Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Hi Linus and Co..

All are talking about how bad AMD Ray Tracing are, compared to the Nvidia 30 series.
But what about Nvidia 20 series? A comparison of both first gen Ray Tracing, instead of first vs second.

I think it would be really interesting to see a video about maintaining your office, storage, metal fab room, and generally. How do you keep it clean? What are some rules between employees? what kind of inventory system do you have in storage? If you would turn the yearly cost of electricity 1 canadian rubee = 1 RGB led, how sick lighting you'd have?

I challenge Linus to do a winter water gun fight in Montreal or Quebec City as to the real Canadian winter. 

We all know at least Canadians that Van winter isn't an real Canadian winter. Very click baity I'll give that. 

Challenge/suggestion: Build a PC entirely blindfolded. I mean like no cameras on the head or guiding voices. That could be fun to watch!

When life gives you lemons, le mont un PC

4 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I challenge Linus to do a winter water gun fight in Montreal or Quebec City as to the real Canadian winter. 

We all know at least Canadians that Van winter isn't an real Canadian winter. Very click baity I'll give that. 

Come to Saskatchewan for real winter. 

37 minutes ago, TheWriter42 said:

Challenge/suggestion: Build a PC entirely blindfolded. I mean like no cameras on the head or guiding voices. That could be fun to watch!

Der8auer did that. It was extremely boring to watch tbh...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

19 hours ago, TisTrolDK said:

Hi Linus and Co..

All are talking about how bad AMD Ray Tracing are, compared to the Nvidia 30 series.
But what about Nvidia 20 series? A comparison of both first gen Ray Tracing, instead of first vs second.

Nice to know, but won't be important, too bad if AMD are late to the game for it. 

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Der8auer did that. It was extremely boring to watch tbh...

Really? 😮 I´ll watch it tomorrow then, I´ve always wondered how that would look like! 

55 minutes ago, TheWriter42 said:

Really? 😮 I´ll watch it tomorrow then, I´ve always wondered how that would look like! 

Here's a link, by the way:

(Also, don't know if you've realised, but for some reason your posts are rendering in ridiculously large font... is this something you've done deliberately?)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Here's a link, by the way:

(Also, don't know if you've realised, but for some reason your posts are rendering in ridiculously large font... is this something you've done deliberately?)

Thanks for the link! 

Yes, I do the large font deliberately, because I want to be able to read what I write without zooming in and it´s also fun! (My sight is bad, my ears are worse lol)

"I've never seen anything like this..." from the 7th of December reminded me about a server which is nearly a decade old now - though it is a bit old, it is quite interesting and maybe worth to make a video about it:

The IBM X3850 X5 may not be as densely packed, but it can be set up as a two-node system using external QPI-scalability cables to make one system out of two. Also with these cables, external memory expansion modules can be connected and the maximum memory capacity then is 6TB of DDR3.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

scrapyard wars in Belgium

you'll see how hard it is here to get anything decent for a correct price

currently rocking 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32 GB of corsair vengeance RGB ram and hoping to get my 6800XT soon!!!!

Couple years back during the crypto craze I made up a small mining rig and put it into a small unheated room in my home.  Figuring since it was winter it would help out with the cooling (which it did).  However that room ended up becoming the warmest room in the house above 80 degree's F.  I always wondered if I could have done it on a much larger scale and heat an entire house with mining rigs.   The idea was in the basement create an enclosure of some sort and just like a forced air furnace pump cooler air via duct work from the home into the rig and visa versa for the warm air.    Unfortunantly have been unable to attempt this but always wondered if it would work.  

Why would it not? 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I'd love to see a video of trying to game on an LED wall. You can get some crazy high resolution/scale "screens" out of them, and might make for a sick gaming experience (depending on input lag and if you can drive it with a mortal PC.

Would be interesting to get into the processors and dedicated equipment that go into them as well (signal processors, what the actual segments of the wall look like, etc)

Probably could find a production rental company around the Vancouver area that would be into a collab too

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

From time to time linus reviews old pcs that used to cost a bunch, well i managed to stumble on an old dell XPS one A2010 AIO in the garbage (i wonder what nerd threw that away!) That works fully and is in pretty great condition. Tbh its a hecc of a score and from what i can see was $2400 USD at launch. I wouldn't mind sending it in for a video on it! (Id love to see linus slap windows 10 in that puppy and take a run on doom!)

...but will it run crysis?

Super high-end build with a galinstan liquid metal cooling loop (possibly pump-less)

Since Cyberpunk kind of opened up a pandora's box of settings, I'd be curious to see what the "optimized" settings for various levels of computers would be

pc build off/race:
Player one-  linus (ofc)

Player two- lmg staff member not linus

Linus gets a 500$ pc

Anthony gets a 2000$ pc

They both start at the same time, and build. Then they have to go to their laptops (linus gets the 200$ walmart one, player 2 the xps14) and get a os (any). Install, get steam, sign in, install cp2077, beat it (jk), install csgo, and win a public deathmatch. 

To up the ante, player 2 could keep the pc if linus doesnt win.

or

Making linus' kids compete in a pc build off.

(winning kid gets a 3080 for kicks)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I'd like to see how gpu upscaling (DLSS etc) compares to device upscaling like TV's and Projectors. Quality and performance levels maybe.

Like running a game at 1080p but letting your 4k TV upscale it vs letting the gpu run at 4k native.

What does it mean when video card makers say they released a new driver to give you performance improvements for a newly released game. How does that work? Can you guys make a video about it.