CPotter
1 minute ago, Enzo1001 said:

there is curremtlyy no way that im aware of to have 4tb of ram

on server?

yes

Windows supports up to 6TB

image.thumb.png.355d643ec9f48e1777f6b737e8e6385a.png

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

Are you sure about that? Im beause when i was playing, all my 6 cores where used and 100% cpu usage (9600k )

all of the information i have found via youtube and minecraft forums say minecraft is not multi threaded and i have a 3200g overclocked to 4.2ghz and my friend has a 2970 and we have near identical performance in minecraft with the same gpu

1 minute ago, the gamer that is bad said:

all of the information i have found via youtube and minecraft forums say minecraft is not multi threaded and i have a 3200g overclocked to 4.2ghz and my friend has a 2970 and we have near identical performance in minecraft with the same gpu

yeah its more like single core perf not multi core

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

1 minute ago, the gamer that is bad said:

what is a 2970? But either way there probably is a mod for it

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

He is using a threadripper for gaming?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

7 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

He is using a threadripper for gaming?

yes it was a gift from his dad he went to an online store and just maxed out a system that is what he got

I am reaching out hoping that maybe this could make a great video.  Project Diablo 2 has been a great mod for Diablo 2 that has given has given a lot to a community that was disgarded a long time ago.  The mod actually supports my ulltrawide 1440 monitor!  The server got hit with hackers 11/27 and this small team with an individual leaving due to health concerns and others gone for Thanksgiving still worked to get the servers up 24 hours later.

In a discord update he said 

SenpaiSomethingYesterday at 1:16 PM

@everyone So we're still working on things and we think we found a temporary fix that will get us up sooner than later but unfortunately now my PC has decided to start dying during all this and I'm dealing with that on top of things which is great timing ofc I'll have another update within 4-5 hours in which time we should know if they're coming up today or not.

Project Diablo 2, Secret Shopper and the upcoming Grand Tour Treasure Hunt have been three highlights in an aweful year.  I was wondering if we could get one more were Linus makes a computer for SenpaiSomething.

*I only thought of the idea from a super chat given to Linus on the WAN show last Friday.

*This was one of the discord updates

SenpaiSomethingYesterday at 12:19 AM
@everyone So we're still working on it and haven't stopped trying to fix the exploit but its a big task. Half of our team is away this weekend unfortunately and one of our members had to step away from the project earlier this week due to medical reasons so we don't have nearly as many of us available at the moment. Sadly it won't be up tonight. The team needs to sleep soon and I need to get something to eat as I've been dealing with this since I woke up but I apologize as I know this wasn't how any of us planned on spending our friday night. We're going to keep plugging away and we'll update you again tomorrow sometime in the evening (PST) but unfortunately this is going to be a longer fix and I hope you can be patient with us. Don't worry we wont let a few people ruin our community and the diablo 2 revolution of 2020 we just need time to do things right.

Much love from the Project Diablo 2 Team

Not an idea for a specific video but a more general one - I'd like to see them take a few seconds in the reviews of pre-built systems (including laptops) to mention the initial setup procedure and how the system is configured out of the box.

Things like:

• Does it badger you to create an account with the OEM?
  • Does it badger you to set up free trials of anything (e.g. McAfee/Norton; backup services)
  • Most importantly - what crapware is preinstalled, and how easy is it to remove?

A lot of this is inconsequential, but I think it says a lot about the ethos of the company, and whether I want to be giving my money to them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Hey, I've just signed up to reply to this topic =D

I recently found out that one can get old enterprise grade hardware for pretty cheap these days and I'll be getting a Proliant DL380 G7 for 170€.

You could get up to two xeon x5690 into that thing which seems pretty decent to me even these days. It would be nice to see you guys covering the topic of turning old servers into budget "gaming PCs" since you can easily put a few full sized PCIe GPUs into the thing without running out of PCI lanes. 

Sounds to me like it would also do for a much better SLI experience. And if you take something like a GTX 970 you could get the whole thing done for probably below 300€.

I've been looking for videos like this for a while but couldn't really find anything, so I'd like to see someone covering the topic who actually knows what they are talking about =D

(btw, the servers I found here: https://www.gekko-computer.de/en/Servers/Rack-server-91.html )

idk if anyone has suggested this yet or if this'll be a good enough idea but i haven't seen a ton of ppl talk about this yet and i kinda find it interesting. So, Walmart has made a rgb mechanical keyboard by their own in house brand which is a bit interesting to me. Ik you guys covered a lot of walmart pc gaming stuff so i think this'll fall right in line.

Here's a link to the keyboard in question.

I also know that they've made basically every other pc 'gaming' accessory (rgb mouse, rgb mouse pad, etc) so maybe a all walmart setup?? Although tbh i would kinda like a review of the mech keyboard to get ur guys thoughts on it, especially at it's price. I will even pay to buy and ship it out to you guys (as long as you can pay me back bc im a bit short on cash atm)

6 degrees of freedom motion simulator 🤩

Combine it with a VR headset and it's THE BEST home flight or racing simulator.

https://dofreality.com/#h6

H6-2.jpg

Make a video where you benchmark Temperature/Performance of a PC compared to ambient air temperature to see if gaming in the cold improves performance.

Use room temperature 20Celsius as the benchmark then go up to 40Celsius to see what a extremely hot climate does to performance, then you can go full canadian and go down to -10/-20C using a freezer room or just doing the benchmark outside on a cold winter day.

You could also test if water cooling or air cooling perform better or worse than the counter part in different climates.

A gaming computer built in, or below a tenkeyless keyboard. Maybe a modded NUC or a laptop board in a custom enclosure could work.

Hello,  

New subscriber here,  watched your videos for quite a while now.  I was wondering if you may be able to do a video on a build for a powerful build for photogrammetry running Pix4d software.  We are looking at getting more involved in drone mapping and will need a computer to handle the processing and stitching of thousands of images.  Thanks for reading and doing a fantastic job.

Tom

24 minutes ago, skyhighaerialimaging said:

Hello,  

New subscriber here,  watched your videos for quite a while now.  I was wondering if you may be able to do a video on a build for a powerful build for photogrammetry running Pix4d software.  We are looking at getting more involved in drone mapping and will need a computer to handle the processing and stitching of thousands of images.  Thanks for reading and doing a fantastic job.

Tom

iirc this kind of workload uses lots of graphic memory, so a server running Quadros would probably be your best bet.

Give a PC to one of Linus' cats, complete with keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and see what the cat does

elephants

19 hours ago, Saearrin said:

A gaming computer built in, or below a tenkeyless keyboard. Maybe a modded NUC or a laptop board in a custom enclosure could work.

Step 1: Buy gaming laptop

Step 2: Cut off the screen

Step 3: Profit...

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Make a video on the benefits of  real-time CPU optimization tools in gaming - if there are any, or is it worth it in general. 

Translated: Forcing your CPU to use more cores&threads at games/processes you run than it would request and use by default.

Very relevant topic now that more and more people are starting to have 8-12 cores in their systems and tons of games might for example only ask for 4.

Programs such as Process Lasso and many others exist for this sort of purpose.

Video idea: how long will various pieces of software work without an internet connection?

Could be very interesting

Some ideas

All current os flavors.(Win,mac,&lin)

All the game stores offline mode.

Pro software(Adobe cc, solid works, fusion 360, etc)

At standard time intervals

Insta-bork, 1 day, week. Month, quarter etc.

Bonus points for seeing what it takes to get it going again.( logins, updates, reinstalls, etc.)

Extra credit for logging network traffic and seeing what data is sent when reconnected.( mostly for what logs windows and macos sends.)