Your worst onosecond.

pythonmegapixel
On 10/8/2020 at 9:11 PM, Moonzy said:

smartly using a pair of needle nose pliers to hold a breadboard jumper while I tried shorting a 12V SLA battery (out of curiosity), tho it's a dumb idea to begin with

it was less than a 1 second short, but the wire glowed so bright (melted the insulation) and i got flash-banged to high heaven and felt the heat on my face.

10/10 would try again

dangerous? only if you have flammable item nearby, and dont stare directly at it

startled? definitely didnt expect a flash-bang

fun? heck yea

Sad there is no video :(

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I think buying modern warfare is one never was a modern warfare guy only modern warfare I actually liked / owned was cod4 mw

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

Sad there is no video :(

10/10 could recreate it, im not using my jumper cables anymore, and i have like 100 of it

i even shorted mechanical pencil's lead on it, it glowed and melted part of the battery's casing

fun stuff, and you learn a lot

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

31 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Reminds me of the orbeez incident.

This is wonderful. Life is wonderful when this video is playing.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

36 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Notable auto translated quote from that video:

image.png.d1e0695d71bc5ee37f9cfd8e0f8248b5.png

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

I removed a power steering pump and bracket from a car to installed a manual rack. I was under the car or more so under the motor. Little did I know the PS mount was on top of the motor mount and removing its bolts also removed the motor mount bolts... Yeah I had a bit scare when I removed that last bolt and the motor fell down a few inches. lucky the rest of the motor was help in by the other mount and the trans.

When I realized VMWare's "easy installer" thing wiped my drive 🤦🏻‍♂️

Good thing I had a recent backup, but it was such a bitch reinstalling everything...

🙂

Sending an email without attachment.
Then sending that awkward second email with that attachment and some half-ass apology.

Happened too many times to me.

3 hours ago, Fragment323 said:

Sending an email without attachment.
Then sending that awkward second email with that attachment and some half-ass apology.

Happened too many times to me.

I I've done that at least 5 times lol, that feeling is always so bad....

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

This is going to sound kinda stupid but there was this robotics competition I went to before covid and we had to make a project as the third segment to the idea. Our idea was something that used CO2 capsules. Can't tell you exactly because I am pretty sure that is still not allowed(just in case). So me and my friends had a bright idea to test the system at 5am when we were supposed to leave for the competition from school, the school is about a 2 and a half hour drive away from the competition. We forgot to put the safety clasp on the canister of CO2 due to the early morning brain not functioning thing and the canister shot backwards at insane speed when we activated the machine.

Needless to say the school nurse was not happy to see a student at 5am with a minor concussion.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Lifting weights when doc told me to rest and then procceding to fucking up my shoulder . Also semi-permenantly fracturing my tailbone and it giving me new sciatic nerve pain recently. Most of this probably could've been avoided if I put my ego aside. But some folk learn the hard way I suppose

Jabbing a knife to far in when delidding a c2d. I knocked a peice off of the die, and it neverbooted again. Im a bit terrified to try to delid again.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

My worst onosecond was when I realised I pocket dialled the police.

Mine was the other night.  I was swapping the cooler on my Ryzen 7 3700x and didn't realize that the processor was actually stuck to the cooler by the thermal paste and pulled it right out of the socket, bending some pins in the process. My wife even commented on the agonized "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" that slipped out of me.

I did some careful pin surgery and managed to get it working again.  Posting from that PC. 

16 minutes ago, XR6 said:

My worst onosecond was when I realised I pocket dialled the police.

That was a really common thing back in the day before phones locked, literally everyone I knew had done at least one embarrassing pocket dial.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Less of a oh sh*t moment, more a "funny when i think back".

UK Highschool (~14-15 years old), English lesson (part of the 3 core subjects in the UK, English , Maths, and Science), Head of department is the teacher, old school guy, around when my parents where kids, the kinda guy u could see used the Cane, u didnt fk with him.

The group i was in was full of ...'troublemakers', needless to say i joined in now and then.

Craze was going through the school, Sherbet, which is basically a sour powdered 'candy', everyone was buying it.

Crazy as we was most the guys in the class decided it would be a great idea to 'snort' the stuff whilst the teacher left the classroom to deal with something.

By the time he got back half the class had faces u'd only see if u'd downed a pint of the most sour liquid substance u can think of. He stopped look at us, shook his head and said something along the lines of "i dont even want to ask" ...to be honest the memory is kinda fuzzy :P But i remember the 'oh sh*t moment when he walked back in and the ...'experience'.... wasnt subsiding.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 10/10/2020 at 12:13 PM, TehDwonz said:

Holy shit poor guy

I mean he did an incredibly negligent act and will probably face massive fines and maybe even jail, and deservedly so.

Jesus, did I hear 300 households by the end when the policeguy is talking to him?

EDIT: Oh, the third house. I suck at French.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I was bombing down a twisty turny mountain road going about 60kmph on my bicycle and hit a hairpin turn. I almost went over the guard rail and into the river below.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

A few months ago I was spot welding some Li-ion cells together. I guess my welding power was set too high because I blew through the bottom of one of my cells. I watched my life flash before my eyes, waiting for this stupid little can and the two others it was attached to let loose into thermal runaway. With my butthole pucker factor cranked straight to 9.74, I waited... But nothing happened. I guess I got lucky, the melted steel must not have fallen on the jelly roll of the cell so nothing happened. I was still shaking for a few hours after being able to see inside the battery that remained relatively intact and operational, but to be safe I threw it in a salt bath to neutralize it. I had never stopped to consider what could possibly happen if you cut open a half charged lithium cell, my mind had always just assumed "the big bad" but I am pleasantly surprised that it didn't explode in my face.

ASU

i was quite sure i had made a full backup of my full picture folder.. when i deleted a raid partition, and refilled it with data. 

had so many cool vacation pictures from 0-7 years back. was not able to regenerate anything.. so now i have cloud, and nas, and local copy of all folders. because of this.

For me, I was unscrewing those pesky screwmounts on a Founder's edition 1080 Ti with a plier, and then sheared off a surface mounted capacitor in the process. That feeling of your stomach sinking is never good.

Did a multiple choice exam for college (this test was 100% of the grade). I skipped past the questions i that were tedious so that id i could revisit them once ive gone through the test fully. The next question box on the webpage tuned in to an identical "submit test" button. I of course clicked it and it turns out i had skipped 1/3 of the test..