RCA RT2350 Reciever issues

a little while ago i posted here that i had purchased an RCA receiver from good will for 12 bucks to use in my shop while i work on things. When i plugged the receiver in at the store it worked as it should have but when i got home the power button no longer worked and the receiver no longer turned on but the power button light did light up whenever the receiver was plugged in. I was told on that post that most likely a capacitor had gone bad. recently i just plugged it in to try it once more and the power button did not work so i left it alone. After about an hour of being plugged in the receiver turned on and stayed on for a good 30 min but none of the buttons on the front (power, source, etc.) worked but the volume button did. after those 30 min the receiver shut off again and now when i have it plugged in it will randomly turn on and off without hitting the button and still none of the buttons on the front work. is this still probably an issue with a capacitor or is there a cheap possible fix i can do to get the thing working again. 

The cheapest fix would probably be to replace it with another Goodwill receiver.  

But I'm just talking out my ass.

You cane either replace the switch, buy a new unit, leave the switch in the on position and leave it alone, because there's no real reason to ever turn it off, unless in case of power failure or going away for a number of weeks, even in the later case the power draw is not enough by itself to make an impact on your bill, or if you insist plug it into a power strip and turn it off there.

This should give you the time necessary to save enough money and buy a new unit.