Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hackentosher

Member
  • Content Count

    4,681
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Awards

This user doesn't have any awards

About Hackentosher

  • Title
    Electron Choreography
  • Birthday Mar 06, 2000

Contact Methods

  • Steam
    D1OMED3S
  • Origin
    D1OMED3S

Profile Information

  • Location
    College Party Town
  • Gender
    Male
  • Interests
    3D printing, Drones, Electronics, PCB design, Embedded Systems
  • Biography
    FORK 'EM, DEVILS
  • Occupation
    Professional Electrical Engineering Student, Literally paid to play with electronics

System

  • CPU
    8750H
  • Motherboard
    XPS 15 9570
  • RAM
    16gb Crucial something
  • GPU
    Windforce gtx 970 in a Razer Core + GTX1050ti max q
  • Case
    XPS 15 9570
  • Storage
    WD SN550 1tb + too many external hard drives
  • PSU
    XPS 15 9570
  • Display(s)
    LG 29WL500-B, XPS 15 9570
  • Cooling
    XPS 15 9570
  • Keyboard
    Quickfire Rapid (MX Blue)
  • Mouse
    G502
  • Sound
    XPS 15 9570, Airpods
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
  • Laptop
    XPS 15 9570

Recent Profile Visitors

50,660 profile views
  1. It really depends, but that's pretty slow for most materials. I usually print about 50-60mm/s. Look up some recommended print settings for the material you're using.
  2. 730 am exam update:

     

    'Twas bullshit

    1. FakeNSA
    2. Hackentosher

      Hackentosher

      I'm like 80% sure this prof has been hitting the bottle this week bc of some announcements that didn't make any god damn sense and now the exam that apparently doesn't work with equations provided by the prof.

  3. Who the hell schedules a final for 730 AM?

    1.   Show previous replies  5 more
    2. FakeNSA

      FakeNSA

      2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

      It's online via lockdown browser 🙃

      Wait, you have a lockdown final scheduled for a specific time?

      Please tell me who your professor is, so I never take them.

      Also, my sympathies.

    3. Hackentosher

      Hackentosher

      1 hour ago, FakeNSA said:

      Wait, you have a lockdown final scheduled for a specific time?

      Please tell me who your professor is, so I never take them.

      Also, my sympathies.

      It's an upper division EE class so unless you take any EE classes at ASU you probably don't have to worry about it. Also I think it's the university's fault, not the prof's.

      Overall, Barnaby is a solid B professor. Fun prof, but really hard tests.

       

      I think he teaches the intro digital logic class, EEE 120, which is a fun class that's not too hard with no pre-reqs. 

    4. FakeNSA

      FakeNSA

      24 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

      It's an upper division EE class so unless you take any EE classes at ASU you probably don't have to worry about it. Also I think it's the university's fault, not the prof's.

      Overall, Barnaby is a solid B professor. Fun prof, but really hard tests.

       

      I think he teaches the intro digital logic class, EEE 120, which is a fun class that's not too hard with no pre-reqs. 

      Good to know!

      Good luck with the final still.

  4. I think you could do it, so long as you can work out how to convert your audio into packets and then decode them back to something you can spit out through a DAC, it should be pretty doable.
  5. Well this is cool, I should have known this was a thing, but I found a Python library that lets you communicate with an Arduino's serial port. This could let you change your desk's RGB based on your CPU's temp or some shit. I already have an Arduino hot glued to the bottom of my desk running some back splash LEDs, this could be perfect. https://pypi.org/project/pyserial/2.7/

  6. I think the mechanical design of The Bored is finally done. I thought I had a lot more work to do, but its looking pretty good. I've moved the OLED between the pcb and backplate where it should juuuust barely fit. All the edges are now even and symmetrical, I think it's time to get a quote for machining the case, and get QMK onto the V2.0 PCB.

    keyboard_2021-Apr-24_07-26-32PM-000_CustomizedView20957234257_jpg.jpg

    1.   Show previous replies  3 more
    2. Hackentosher

      Hackentosher

      Yeah thanks so far I need luck with programming. I think I might have fucked up the circuit on the bootstrap pins of the STM32 (of course I had to use an STM32 instead of an ATMEGA32u4 like a normal person).

      I'm still not sure about production, if there's interest I'll run a group buy, but I want to get the project more finished before I run an interest check. Like I want to be able to tell the machine shop how many to make as soon as I close the IC and get things moving, so I'll want to build one before hand. Also I'm imagining the unit cost of this thing will be approaching $300 a keyboard, which idk if people on r/mk will pay that for some nobody's design.

    3. FakeNSA

      FakeNSA

      15 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

      Yeah thanks so far I need luck with programming. I think I might have fucked up the circuit on the bootstrap pins of the STM32 (of course I had to use an STM32 instead of an ATMEGA32u4 like a normal person).

      I'm still not sure about production, if there's interest I'll run a group buy, but I want to get the project more finished before I run an interest check. Like I want to be able to tell the machine shop how many to make as soon as I close the IC and get things moving, so I'll want to build one before hand. Also I'm imagining the unit cost of this thing will be approaching $300 a keyboard, which idk if people on r/mk will pay that for some nobody's design.

      Man, that is a bit steep (obviously not for the field, but for a nobody).

    4. Hackentosher

      Hackentosher

      6 hours ago, FakeNSA said:

      Man, that is a bit steep (obviously not for the field, but for a nobody).

      I'm not sure, but the first quote I got for machining the case was $900 a unit and they couldn't even machine all the features. Granted, it was from a high end, US based, rapid prototyping machine shop so I should have expected that. I need to find a cheaper shop in china on Alibaba.

  7. This is weird. The left usb port on my laptop wont support a usb virtual com port, but the right port does... Idek where to start to fix this one.

    1.   Show previous replies  5 more
    2. Bombastinator

      Bombastinator

      1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

      I'm hoping it's not physical damage to the port, but I don't think it's that because I transferred 14gb of photos over usb 3 over the port in question and checked my usb 2 web cam on the same port and both worked flawlessly. Maybe there's a specific chip for handling COM on a usb port that broke? But I'd imagine that would be baked into whatever usb 3 chip manages the port. I'm blaming windows on this one.

      Did this coincide with any updates by any chance?  In particular a windows update?  Microsoft has been messing around really hard with their updates with win10.  If so a version rollback might fix it. 

    3. Hackentosher

      Hackentosher

      Maybe, but I don't have any recollection of virtual COM not working on this port after a specific update. I just noticed it was being a little fucky a week or two ago. What's weird to me is if it was a software/firmware thing, it should affect both ports right? I'll have the Dell updater utility run to see if it can find any drivers or BIOS things I may need to update.

    4. Bombastinator

      Bombastinator

      3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

      Maybe, but I don't have any recollection of virtual COM not working on this port after a specific update. I just noticed it was being a little fucky a week or two ago. What's weird to me is if it was a software/firmware thing, it should affect both ports right? I'll have the Dell updater utility run to see if it can find any drivers or BIOS things I may need to update.

      “Should” sure, but remember you have to add possible laptop weirdness.  This has the feel of a weird confluence bug that may be so rare microsoft might not fix it even if it was their fault and you could provide patch code.  Could also be they bunged up com ports on every windows machine.  So many things it could be though.  Possible bug report to microsoft and your machine manufacturer probably couldn’t hurt.  

  8. Lol me too I guess OP needs to evaluate their own risk. If I was playing around with this I don't think I'd take a "probably" as good enough to let my guard down or feel safe around it. You're probably right that the sphere can't hold enough charge to sustain a sufficiently energetic pulse to be fatal, but again I wouldn't exactly feel safe around it.
  9. You're dealing with a lot of charge here, it's pretty damn dangerous as it is. I would find a lower voltage hobby if I were you. I Think your math on the voltage is right, given the dielectric strength of air at 3kV/mm at 50.8mm = 152.4kV. My intuition tells me it's less, but I haven't played around with voltages much higher than 240VDC. I just hope you know what you're doing. You've probably already seen it if you've gotten this far, but Electroboom has a couple videos on Van De Graff machines and Leiden jars, but again you're dealing with very high and dangerous E fields here. ed
  10. Lol that's just technical speak for making the filament not turn as tight. The shallower the turn the easier it'll be to pull.
  11. So these often help straighten the path the filament has to take to get to the extruder. They also increase the bend radius it has to take. These adjustments together make it easier for the extruder to pull the filament. It may prevent a snag, but unless your filament has to take a crazy path from spool to extruder, it's probably not necessary.
  12. I finally got one, I can’t believe I waited this long 

    1CA96A78-1A1A-47C9-9309-04B9DA745320.jpeg

    1.   Show previous replies  1 more
    2. Letgomyleghoe

      Letgomyleghoe

      what mouse is that?

    3. Prodigy_Smit

      Prodigy_Smit

      3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

      what mouse is that?

      The mx master 3 from the looks of it.

    4. Hackentosher

      Hackentosher

      It's so much more comfortable than my g502 for day to day, it's amazing. Also the scroll wheel auto spin thing is crazy.

  13. That might be a front panel audio or USB 2.0 header. Check the case manual or motherboard manual.
  14. Anyone have a car with a clutch delay valve delete? Been reading a lot about them and how they make modern manuals suck, but I'm not sure how much of the herky jerkies are my own noob driving.
  15. That's going to be tough, I don't think you can get a 5" + batteries and chargers for that budget. You may want to look at the Emax Tinyhawk freestyle. I have the tinyhawk freestlye ii and it's awesome. It's a little 2s 2", but it flies like my 5". Tons of power for the size and a bnf is about $125 USD.
×