Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Here's one.  

The Game Boy Advance I have a lot of memories on, I loved my GBA growing up, it has my favorite Kirby and Metroid games on it.  (Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland and Metroid Fusion).

But looking back on it.  Compared to all other Nintendo handhelds (excluding Switch as it's still the current gen console so it's library isn't as fully fleshed out as it'll be by the time it's done).. it's the weakest Nintendo handheld imo.  (Also excluding Virtual Boy for obvious reasons).

The OG GBA itself is the most comfortable game boy.  Either the AGS 001 or AGS 101 are vast improvements over the stock GPA in terms of screen.  Yes the AGS 001 has the weaker screen out of the 101, but a front light is still better than no light at all.

The hardware is great, that's no the issue.

It's the game library.  It's had some strong games for sure.  Kirby, Metroid, Mother 3 (in Japan only), Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island.

But looking at a lot of Nintendo's output, a lot of the games are ports or remakes.  The ports from the SNES are not as good as playing it on the SNES.  (though this part doesn't matter too much to me.  I will take the convenience of portability almost every time.  Hell I did my entire NG+ run of The Witcher 3 on my Switch due to this convenience).

But yeah, I feel like Nintendo's first party offerings weren't as strong as the GB or GBC, and not as strong as the future DS or 3DS either.  I feel like we had a bunch of ports and some original games.  I don't mind ports either, but I feel like it should be more original games than ports.  IIRC, the GBA doesn't even have an original Mario game, 2D or (obvious) 3D.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Too many serial killers grow moustaches.

Gary Ridgway, Dennis Rader, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Edmund Kemper, Herbert Mullin, Joel Rifkin and so many more. 

Only way I noticed is because Youtube for some reason started suggesting gruesome killer videos to me.

Yeah strange, but it seems true that have to be aware of moustaches. Though sure, absolute majority of moustache wearers are not serial killers.

I edit my posts more often than not

Opinion: ppl that tell other ppl what belongs on their food should suffer hunger for (at least) a week!

I'm so annoyed with ppl deciding for others. Shut up and eat what you like dammit.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

5 hours ago, Killercrafto3 said:

Canadians be like: Potato+Cheese+Gravy= Heaven

(no offense, just factoids.)

You're talking to the guy who frequently orders specialty poutine from Smoke's... I don't think you'll get any disagreement that many Canadians like that combo!

Here's one; I am not sure I like USB C. 
Unless you use very expensive cables they tend to fall out of devices way too easily. 

1 hour ago, s_k said:

Unless you use very expensive cables they tend to fall out of devices way too easily. 

agree to an degree, falling out? is it maybe more with laptops? as I haven't had too much of an issuse with it.

But agree that there is a lot of issues around USB C and the future, like when not all ports are going to meet the USB C spec or have different "features".

Then about future generations of these connectors, and it might be even worse than the current USB ports.

Also then you have the lightning ports and their generations, which is way too similar and has its own problem.

2 hours ago, s_k said:

USBC is more or less inside out lightning. Though because it’s a lot newer it’s also somewhat faster.  It doesn’t stick as well as lightning because of it did apple would have done it that way instead and USBC would look like lightning does and still been inside out lightning. It’s tons better than microUSB2 though.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, FakeKGB said:

Shiny Pokemon aren't automatically better than non-Shiny Pokemon.

There’s someone earlier in the thread who agrees with you I think.  The closest I ever got to Pokémon collecting was an Illuminati one of everything deck.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Watch goes on right wrist.

These days I guess wearing a watch period?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Are you also the type of person who wears their watch facing inside the wrist? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

25 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

These days I guess wearing a watch period?

There was a time not too long ago when almost no one wore watches.  People had pocket watches because small movements require more more difficult more precise machining and were generally too expensive. There’s a reason the phone pocket on a pair of pants is called the watch pocket.  I once saw picture of a watch from the 70’s built into a finger ring.  The way it’s currently looking the phone is going to most likely morph into a pair of glasses.  Then everyone will wear glasses. 

On 9/14/2020 at 2:00 AM, atxcyclist said:

Cats make better pets than dogs, unless you need a “working” animal, but then it’s more like an employee than a pet.

Cats are selfish animals that are their for the food. Also how tf is a pussy cat gone protect you unlike a K9. That cat better Puss in fucking boots or it isn't doing shit.

The more I drive in them, the more I hate them.

Multi lane roundabouts, most of them I dont like, more so when they have a smaller radius too with little time adjustments. Else single lane *not stacked* is awesome.

18 hours ago, ParrotPal said:

Cats are selfish animals that are their for the food. Also how tf is a pussy cat gone protect you unlike a K9. That cat better Puss in fucking boots or it isn't doing shit.

My cat was on my lap a few minutes ago, fast asleep being awesome and social as usual. Also, back when my cat used to live outside he'd whoop racoons and get them out of my back yard, so not much different than a dog, and kept me from dealing with them. We also never have any vermin here.

So, needless to say I'm going to disagree with you.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

3 hours ago, overthe6r said:

Dogs are dumb

Dogs are dumb compared to some animals.  They’re definitely dumb compared to people

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Dogs are dumb compared to some animals.  They’re definitely dumb compared to people

some of them are very helpful, I guess skillful at their tasks, some are? From smell, detecting illness and other things.

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

some of them are very helpful, I guess skillful at their tasks, some are? From smell, detecting illness and other things.

Most dog breeds were designed for specific tasks. Poodles? Hunting dogs for marshes.  That crazy pompon cut they get was specifically designed for splashing around in cold muck.  Poodle is a foreshortening of poodlehund. “Puddle dog”.  There’s a reason they call a rat terrier a rat terrier.  They were for getting rats out of houses. Schnauzers? That mustache thing is armor. A rat only gets one bite and if he hits only hair too bad.

Edited by Bombastinator

1dd1.jpg.10667ccd71b20ad3ab796dd2ed884782.jpg

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

On 7/14/2021 at 12:49 AM, Bombastinator said:

USBC is more or less inside out lightning. Though because it’s a lot newer it’s also somewhat faster.  It doesn’t stick as well as lightning because of it did apple would have done it that way instead and USBC would look like lightning does and still been inside out lightning. It’s tons better than microUSB2 though.  

Yup. Even though I love the M1 stuff I'm not an 'Apple geek'. I just think it performs well. I don't like the ecosystem at all. But having owned (and sold) an Apple Magic Keyboard I must say; That Lightning stuff holds very well. Got a Keychron now, the original USB C cable works fine so far but on phones at some point it all just wears out. 

On 7/14/2021 at 12:26 AM, NZgamer said:

In my experience USB-C has been the most secure port I've ever used. I had far more issues with Micro USB cables falling out.

It keeps falling out here honestly, when I'm in bed while charging, falls out. When I have a powerbank in my pocket and I walk, falls out, when I'm driving, fails to connect properly

On 7/14/2021 at 12:19 AM, Quackers101 said:

agree to an degree, falling out? is it maybe more with laptops? as I haven't had too much of an issuse with it.

But agree that there is a lot of issues around USB C and the future, like when not all ports are going to meet the USB C spec or have different "features".

Then about future generations of these connectors, and it might be even worse than the current USB ports.

Also then you have the lightning ports and their generations, which is way too similar and has its own problem.

Nah, it's phones, consistently. It helps a bit when you use more expensive cables but it's still not great. Most frustrating moment was walking the streets of Porto, Portugal while trying to charge from my powerbank. It wouldn't hold for more than three steps. Cable was brand new and not cheap either. 
I mean I love the features, but the physical part, not at all. 

3 minutes ago, s_k said:

Got a Keychron now

Which one? How do you like the quality? I have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate from 2013 which works but I kinda want to look in to getting a 65% keyboard. Ive looked at a few from the Keychron which seems to be priced reasonable all the way to some of the Ducky keyboards. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

18 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Which one? How do you like the quality? I have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate from 2013 which works but I kinda want to look in to getting a 65% keyboard. Ive looked at a few from the Keychron which seems to be priced reasonable all the way to some of the Ducky keyboards. 

So, I'm particularly picky about keyboards. I type at more than 700 keystrokes per minute and don't always agree with what everyone thinks. I am not sure if I am a better or worse reference because of that. I for instance never liked IBM laptop keyboards and I think the Das Keyboard isn't great either. I do think there's some really good cheap chinese mechanical knock-offs though. 
This is the Keychron C2. Went for that one because I want a numpad and I didn't want to spend too much without knowing the brand very well, so I went with wired (which is honestly fine for my workspace, my computer is mostly used for audio/video/photo editing so it's a fixed setup in my studio). I went for Gateron brown, seeing that reds are just too noisy when I type but I do want a clear actuation point. Liking it very much so far. Build quality is not 'rock solid' but rigid enough to not be flexy during typing, key stabilisation is pretty damn good and I love the feel and sound of the keys. I would have preferred the spacebar to be a bit more rounded, the bottom corner of it is kind of pushing into my thumb when I press it. A wristrest (ordered, waiting for it) should solve that problem by changing the angle. Also the space could be a bit lighter, but it's not horrible (not like for instance a Microsoft Natural 4000). 
I sold my Apple Magic Keyboard Numeric (A1843) as I much prefer this.
I understand the low profile version of the keyboard is great too, but make sure you don't want to change keycaps if you buy that. 
Definitely worth the 75 bucks I paid for it, would recommend. 
Also the rgb on this one (would have gone white but they were sold out) is quite nice. I chose the orange/warm light and set the brightness all the way down, looks quite classy that way.
 IMG_20210717_004338.thumb.jpg.6ff855a330ca11515d091962c1f32554.jpg

2 minutes ago, s_k said:

So, I'm particularly picky about keyboards. I type at more than 700 keystrokes per minute and don't always agree with what everyone thinks. I am not sure if I am a better or worse reference because of that. I for instance never liked IBM laptop keyboards and I think the Das Keyboard isn't great either. I do think there's some really good cheap chinese mechanical knock-offs though. 
This is the Keychron C2. Went for that one because I want a numpad and I didn't want to spend too much without knowing the brand very well, so I went with wired (which is honestly fine for my workspace, my computer is mostly used for audio/video/photo editing so it's a fixed setup in my studio). I went for Gateron brown, seeing that reds are just too noisy when I type but I do want a clear actuation point. Liking it very much so far. Build quality is not 'rock solid' but rigid enough to not be flexy during typing, key stabilisation is pretty damn good and I love the feel and sound of the keys. I would have preferred the spacebar to be a bit more rounded, the bottom corner of it is kind of pushing into my thumb when I press it. A wristrest (ordered, waiting for it) should solve that problem by changing the angle. Also the space could be a bit lighter, but it's not horrible (not like for instance a Microsoft Natural 4000). 
I sold my Apple Magic Keyboard Numeric (A1843) as I much prefer this.
I understand the low profile version of the keyboard is great too, but make sure you don't want to change keycaps if you buy that. 
Definitely worth the 75 bucks I paid for it, would recommend. 
Also the rgb on this one (would have gone white but they were sold out) is quite nice. I chose the orange/warm light and set the brightness all the way down, looks quite classy that way.
 IMG_20210717_004338.thumb.jpg.6ff855a330ca11515d091962c1f32554.jpg

Sounds like you need throw length. A thin laptop keyboard won’t have that.  Not enough depth to work with.