Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
14 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Someone that disagrees with you, is not an enemy.

(Im guessing this is very unpopular, seeing all the retards fighting on social media. 😄 )

Not necessarily an enemy anyway. It doesn’t automatically mean they ARE an enemy, but it doesn’t automatically make them a friend either.  There may be a common assumption that people who disagree with you are enemies.  It’s a bad assumption to make though.  I’ve done it. Possibly foolishly.  Your point is one worth making though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Someone that disagrees with you, is not an enemy.

(Im guessing this is very unpopular, seeing all the retards fighting on social media. 😄 )

Some social media platforms are now made to make or stirr drama, so they can often make it about becoming enemies instead of being "social".

From online headlines, encourage with certain forums, amount of information or platforms, meaning you can be serious on one platform while not giving a **** on another. and so on.

48 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It doesn’t automatically mean they ARE an enemy,

Automaticaly double posting? that is my enemy! 😛

*becomes bug hunter 404*

3 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

Some social media platforms are now made to make or stirr drama, so they can often make it about becoming enemies instead of being "social".

From online headlines, encourage with certain forums, amount of information or platforms, meaning you can be serious on one platform while not giving a **** on another. and so on.

Automaticaly double posting? that is my enemy! 😛

*becomes bug hunter 404*

It was a minor point.  The way it was worded could be taken to mean someone disagreeinqg with you automatically isn’t an enemy.  I would say that it more doesn’t necessarily affect friend/enemy status than define it.  One doesn’t have to be an enemy to disagree with something someone says.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

“Desktop air conditioners” are con artist junk.

They are really swamp coolers which were invented long before electric air conditioners and have big limitations on their function, namely they simply don’t work most places, and can be made out of a wet towel and a fan.  There’s no need to pay money for one if you happen  to be in an area with low enough humidity for one to actually work well.

Dubbing is a crime.

Subtitles fam.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Dubbing is a crime.

Subtitles fam.

I’ve seen it done badly and I’ve seen it used for criminal purposes.  There are a whole lot more bad anime dubs than decent ones to the point that I think they are better subtitled while spoken in a language I cannot understand. For all I know the subtitles are just as crap though.  Might need specificity.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:57 PM, Bitter said:

Deep Purple and Black Sabbath peaked with their first few albums

Is that unpopular? I thought we all agreed on that :D. 

On 7/6/2021 at 2:57 PM, Bitter said:

Deep Purple and Black Sabbath peaked with their first few albums

Ronnie James Dio > Ozzy Osbourne.

*equips flame shield*

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

52 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Ronnie James Dio > Ozzy Osbourne.

*equips flame shield*

Depends on the album but generally yes, first Black Sabbath album Ozzy was great, 2nd he was so-so, later on eh. RJD was always good and sometimes great but not first album Ozzy great.

Deep Purple's orchestral album is severely underrated and undervalued, it's an absolute masterpiece. If you haven't heard it, go listen.

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

first Black Sabbath album Ozzy was great, 2nd he was so-so

Really? You mean to tell me that this Ozzy

sounds better than this Ozzy?

Well I guess this is the thread for unpopular opinions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

1 minute ago, Benji said:

I have a very popular opinion 😉: Basically nothing in this thread is an opinion (as in a fact that you can either believe or not), but rather personal taste.

How is that different than an opinion?

49 minutes ago, Benji said:

Facts are facts, you either like them or you don't, but it doesn't change that they're "set". Whether you do like them or not is your personal taste/preference. Both together on a "proven fact" are your opinion on the matter, that's how I see it. Things as subjective as music (or art in general), on the other hand, can only be looked at objectively if you look at, say, overall sales or you have any capacity to objectively judge vocal or instrumental technique. Other than that, it's not really an "opinion", but purely personal taste. Opinion, to me, is your stance on something objective. All the subjective stuff in here is personal taste. I'd expect a person stating some (seldomly heard) fact and have other people post how they feel about that any why they feel that way, not things like "Ozzy's vocals on xxx were better than on yyy", because that has nothing objective about it (unless you want to directly judge his vocal technique).

"Opinion" as it is usually seen, is something that, as far as I've seen it, is only being used to undermine what other people think.

You are defining a term in a non standard way though which constitutes an opinion.  You are declaring an opinion about the meaning of the word “opinion”. I wasn’t asking about the meaning of the word “facts” though I can see how it might be interpreted as such.

4 hours ago, Benji said:

I have a very popular opinion 😉: Basically nothing in this thread is an opinion (as in a fact that you can either believe or not), but rather personal taste.

I don't see the difference...

Screenshot_73.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

4 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Really? You mean to tell me that this Ozzy

sounds better than this Ozzy?

Well I guess this is the thread for unpopular opinions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes.

This is the superior Ozzy right there, that track when he sings a little flat and a little slow, to me, conveys more emotion than any other Ozzy. On later albums it feels like he's just reading from a lyric sheet, on this song and the first album generally it feels like he's singing from himself not a sheet of paper. It also feels more soulful and emotionally laden than Dio does. I think this first album Black Sabbath and Ozzy were more heavy metal blues than anything else and I really enjoy that. I'm a sucker for soulful music, also that song reminds me of a friend who passed suddenly.

3 hours ago, King_PIN said:

Pizza toppings belong on top of the cheese.  

I could careless. As long as they are there thats all that matters. Ill never turn down pizza. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 7/10/2021 at 7:36 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

Dubbing is a crime.

Subtitles fam.

Oh yeah. There were so many times that I wanted to go to cinema in my home country to watch some cartoons just to figure out that they were dubbed. Awful. 

I made a promise to myself that if I ever make cartoon, one of the first things in the distribution contract would be that dubbing is prohibited. 

48 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Oh yeah. There were so many times that I wanted to go to cinema in my home country to watch some cartoons just to figure out that they were dubbed. Awful. 

I made a promise to myself that if I ever make cartoon, one of the first things in the distribution contract would be that dubbing is prohibited. 

Some countries prefer dubbing and some countries don’t. The US and German audiences are two that in general prefer to have movies dubbed. All a clause like that would do is insure the thing would fail commercially in countries where audiences don’t like to read subtitles.  A producer would sooner can the movie than back a loser so all it would do is insure that the thing would never be produced.

As far as American movies in Germany went,  The voices were often completely different.  John Wayne’s unusual speech pattern Diddnt translate into German well of course.  The German actor that dubbed John Wayne movies sounded like he’d been chewing on glass bottles.  Totally different.  In Germany he was more famous than John Wayne and all he ever did was dub John Wayne movies. A subtitled movie has less restriction on what can be said because timing isn’t required so they can be more accurate to the thing that goes through a language change.  It isn’t a hard and fast thing though.  Subtitle translations can be as bad or worse.  Modern cartoons actually produce different stuff.  I’m recalling one movie that had a Chinese and US release.  There was a baby in a high chair complaining that it didn’t like a food it was asked to eat.  In the US version the food was broccoli, but in the Chinese version it was totally different because not a lot of broccoli is eaten in China.  A more common vegetable in China that is  also often not liked by children was used instead.  With a cartoon a lot more is available for change.

I heavily prefer subtitles but once in a while the english voice actors are OK in a dub. Steve Blum is one of those dub over exceptions, great voice.

On 9/13/2020 at 11:26 PM, Commodus said:

You're definitely not the only one. Mayo is big in Quebec, and my South African partner puts mayo on fries, burgers, breaded fish... ketchup may be more of a regional preference than you think.

Canadians be like: Potato+Cheese+Gravy= Heaven

(no offense, just factoids.)

Pepsi is better than Coca-Cola, you can't *change my mind*. It's just the right amount of fizziness and you can actually taste the cola flavour. Coke is nothing but gas, water, and a hint of flavour. You taste the flavour in Coca-Cola as if they put in the minimum amount of it, to qualify for that product category.

49 minutes ago, Killercrafto3 said:

Pepsi is better than Coca-Cola, you can't *change my mind*. It's just the right amount of fizziness and you can actually taste the cola flavour. Coke is nothing but gas, water, and a hint of flavour. You taste the flavour in Coca-Cola as if they put in the minimum amount of it, to qualify for that product category.

It's really debatable, because it really depends on the region/country you live in, and you age.

Here, I enjoy Pepsi better because the standard Pepsi is still made with regular sugar, not high fructose corn syrup or sweeteners.. The Pepsi Lemon bottles do use corn syrup. Coca-Cola used to be made with natural sugars but they switched to corn syrup and it got worse... I hate it, I end up with that aftertaste for half an hour or so after I take a drink.

Also, a lot of people and kids actually enjoy Pepsi better because it has more sugar in it compared to Coke, and at cold temperature, that's what gives your taste buds a kick. Once the drink gets warm, it's worse than Coca-Cola in theory.

So yeah, it's better taste but also worse for your health as you shove more sugars per glass in your body.

What I hate about Coca-Cola products is how they launch some products using natural sugars or decent sweeteners like stevia and then after a few months, silently migrate to corn syrup or other sweeteners which change the taste. They did this with a line of ice tea they had, it lasted a few months and then they changed the recipes without telling anyone.