Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
12 hours ago, Eviljuche said:

I heard that you cannot modify or even repair a car in Germany by yourself at all, only if you have a car mechanic college education or something like that

In my country its indeed illegal to modify a car besides the wheels or simple cosmetic stuff.

No better airfilter, no nicer sounding exhaust, and dont even think of getting a turbo.

It absolutely fucking appalling.

Free country my ass.

But then there's a lot of morons out there, i'm glad they are not allowed to alter their cars, making it more dangerous for us all.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

In my country its indeed illegal to modify a car besides the wheels or simple cosmetic stuff.

No better airfilter, no nicer sounding exhaust, and dont even think of getting a turbo.

It absolutely fucking appalling.

Free country my ass.

I think the United States, if it doesn't have that kind of rule anyway, is pretty unique in it.

I know in the UK, for example, it's technically illegal to intentionally make the exhaust louder than it was from the factory. That's a good idea - in principle - but it's never enforced, so the roads are full of people who think that they're some amazing F1 driver or whatever just because their car deafens every pedestrian in the vacinity.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

I think the United States, if it doesn't have that kind of rule anyway, is pretty unique in it.

I know in the UK, for example, it's technically illegal to intentionally make the exhaust louder than it was from the factory. That's a good idea - in principle - but it's never enforced, so the roads are full of people who think that they're some amazing F1 driver or whatever just because their car deafens every pedestrian in the vacinity.

Oh yeah, dont get me started. gaming buddy lives in London.
At least once an hour some annoying moron comes by with a way to loud exhaust, its terrible.

Here that are regulations about max amount of noise, you over it (they have sound testers in a lot of cop cars) you cant drive any further.

Same goes for when a light is out, you cannot drive. (Replacing is also made easy by law).

So there are good points but damn, why cant i just shuffle a V8 into a VW Golf. 😞 😛

1 minute ago, Eviljuche said:

Well in Russia you can modify your car freely, but you'll have to register all of your modifications - from repainting to engine swaps. However, the modifications that might be dangerous for other people, are banned and sometimes lead to imprisonment - like using some strong custom LEDs from AliExpress in car lights, because they theoretically can blind the other drivers and pedestrians

Ah well thats almost the other side of the coin. Still trying to keep the roads safe but still can modify.
Not sure which i would prefer tbh, ours is way strict, cant do shit. But yours is kinda also bit iffy since you have to do the extra work. And some one can decide if its legal or not.

But hey at least its not like in some US states where you can just drive any fucking thing with wheels, on the road.

Maybe thats why US has over 12.4 deaths per 100 000 residents. And over here only 3.4. ish.

Yes i know got this from Wikipedia i was lazy, still doesn't mean its not true.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

33 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Maybe thats why US has over 12.4 deaths per 100 000 residents. And over here only 3.4. ish.

while some cars sold other places do have their own safety issues.

But there is a lot more old cars (rusty parts and economy status) I guess in the US, with high speed, long driving hours/paths and a blazing heat. Sometimes maybe because it's the only way with transport and traffic, encouring drunk driving... on high speed lanes for example to get home from remote places? to some dangerous intersections, like between slow moving and quick moving vehicles.

Edited by Quackers101

4 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

Well we have 11.6 by the same data, so guess our regulations kinda doesn't work 😆

But seriously, I guess you'll have to also keep in mind the amount of roads, their quality, and the overall population in given country too, so I don't know if 12.4 is even big or small number for such country like US, with its enormous amounts of roads and cars it might be just nothing

Well that number is calculated per 100 000 residents, so it is a bit equalized.
But yes its certainly not just due to people modifying their cars.
Its like you said the condition of roads, but also education.

Over here we need to spend at least 2000$ now to get our license that means at least 20 hours behind the wheel.

En some rough theoretical questioning (over 200 questions) and practical exam, in which if you make 1 mistake (and dont solve it correctly) you can try again (and pay again).

So yeah 3.4 might be nice, but getting there aint. 😄

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

while some cars sold other places do own their own safety issues.

But there is a lot more old cars (rusty parts and economy status) I guess in the US, with high speed, long driving hours/paths and a blazing heat. Sometimes maybe because it's the only way with transport and traffic, encouring drunk driving... on high speed lanes for example to get home from remote places? to some dangerous intersections, like between slow moving and quick moving vehicles.

What the?
😄

On 9/13/2020 at 6:32 PM, divito said:

Mayo is better on fries than ketchup.

Mayo is egg sauce.

Ryzen 5 5600X (@4.8Ghz) |  ASUS RTX 2060 OC (+120 Core, +1125 Memory) |  Ballistix 16GB 

ASROCK B450M PRO4  WD Blue SN 550 1TB ‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎| Crucial MX500 500GB | Barracuda 1TB 

Corsair CX450M | Corsair Spec-Delta

Just now, HanZie82 said:

En some rough theoretical questioning (over 200 questions)

just hate that, if you have driven enough you will understand these theoretical only works on paper at times which just annoys me.

Or questions that have multiple answers and you can't pick the "right" one, and more about what they have in mind and their agenda.

Although the more generic ones should be just fine, and standard safety to safety rules.

2 minutes ago, Podrake said:

Mayo is egg sauce.

So?

Most of you people have not had good mayonaise.
That French, Belgium and American shit dont count...

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

So?

That French Belgium and American shit dont count...

I've had Dutch mayo and my opinion on it was not swayed by it

Ryzen 5 5600X (@4.8Ghz) |  ASUS RTX 2060 OC (+120 Core, +1125 Memory) |  Ballistix 16GB 

ASROCK B450M PRO4  WD Blue SN 550 1TB ‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎| Crucial MX500 500GB | Barracuda 1TB 

Corsair CX450M | Corsair Spec-Delta

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

What the?

😄

there are some cars that are known with problems, and can have issues with brake fluids and suddenly... you can't break in high speed.

Not sure when and what cars, but just remember there are some brands that had such issues and maybe didn't care to fix them.

or is just prone to break down, then you also have some cheaper smaller cars that might be from italy that includes... no airbags. 🙂

but ofc they don't have a good top speed, which might make it a little "safer"?

16 minutes ago, Podrake said:

I've had Dutch mayo and my opinion on it was not swayed by it

Well it's possible its just not in your 'pallette'.

But good Dutch styled mayonnaise i can almost just eat out of the bottle. It's so nice.
But then 80% fat, wozers. 😄

But i say that, because i've met some (more then 5 less then 20) ppl that only had either American or French style Mayonnaise and they absolutely loved the Dutch variant.

(Its way less vinegary or salty its a more creamy bland taste.)

16 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

there are some cars that are known with problems, and can have issues with brake fluids and suddenly... you can't break in high speed.

Not sure when and what cars, but just remember there are some brands that had such issues and maybe didn't care to fix them.

or is just prone to break down, then you also have some cheaper smaller cars that might be from italy that includes... no airbags. 🙂

but ofc they don't have a good top speed, which might make it a little "safer"?

I mean the bold sentence i absolutely couldn't make sense of. 😉
But i understand now. Thank you for clarifying.
But yes thats why we also have rules about cars and how they should work.

Cars 5 year and older have to take a yearly test, which included brake power and balance testing. (Tbh i do agree with that).

And since they made classical cars (25 years or older) not exempt from taxxes anymore you hardly see those anymore either.

The rules do make it safer, but they do take a lot of the fun out.
I really hope they can put that back once we all in Cat5 self driving cars. Cus my lord i cant wait.

No more fucking retards killing their own children by driving over them on the driveway.

No more stupid dents cus ppl have the spacial awareness of a pealed peanut.

Seriously with all the deaths, injury's and such anyone that is against the automation of driving is a murderer!

Github Autopilot or copilot whatever its called their AI tool which helps people code is a form of plagiarism and not only that it will pass down bugs from one software to another + it is just generally bad because kids who will learn how to code in the future won't innovate or think of some new or more efficient way to do the same thing

22 minutes ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Github Autopilot or copilot whatever its called their AI tool which helps people code is a form of plagiarism

If you take that view, then using the code from  open source software to build something else - as is the entire point - is "plagiarism"!

I agree with the general sentiment of your post though.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

the driving license is Useless

I mean there is a lot of theory, that in real word doesn't apply, or even if it applies, nobody is actually following any of those, and the laws aren't exercised

the test here is made up by 40 questions, and if you get wrong more than 4 questions you don't pass.

to get the driving license there are two ways, or going to the motorization office and a couple of other public offices who never get the job done or pricely paying a school who does that job for you

I wonder if schools didn't made a deal with those offices, to be uncooperative with who does want to do things diy in exchange for extra cash

11 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

I mean there is a lot of theory, that in real word doesn't apply, or even if it applies, nobody is actually following any of those, and the laws aren't exercised

A lot dont apply and when you see cops do the same thing that shouldn't be done... well... okey then .

I wonder if schools didn't made a deal with those offices, to be uncooperative with who does want to do things diy in exchange for extra cash

not to mention the practices by driving schools to mess with you, before there wasn't much to it. but now there is such a mess with electric cars.

Like systems they don't mention that are in the car or is too complex for either person if you don't know much about cars. (and might use multiple different electric cars). More new features that are added to the cars, although they can also help your driving when going to these schools, so I guess that balance things out.

2 hours ago, 12345678 said:

the test here is made up by 40 questions, and if you get wrong more than 4 questions you don't pass.

to get the driving license there are two ways, or going to the motorization office and a couple of other public offices who never get the job done or pricely paying a school who does that job for you

•Compare German auto licensing Egyptian auto licensing and American auto licensing, then compares German road behavior, Egyptian road behavior and American road behavior* 

Im going to have to go with “no” here.  It’s possible that a licensing system in a given country is flawed.  Licensing of cars is not useless though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

So?

That French, Belgium and American shit dont count...

Idk, Dukes Mayo from the south is pretty bangin.

It's the only mayo I like, personally.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

3 hours ago, 12345678 said:

I’ll agree that driving schools and the process of getting a driving license in general can be improved in many ways, but the licenses are definitely not useless. What would you propose instead, just letting anyone who feels like it drive? And you thought people suck at driving now… As someone who lives in the US in my opinion getting a license should be more difficult than it currently is. 

6 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I’ll agree that driving schools and the process of getting a driving license in general can be improved in many ways, but the licenses are definitely not useless. What would you propose instead, just letting anyone who feels like it drive? And you thought people suck at driving now… As someone who lives in the US in my opinion getting a license should be more difficult than it currently is. 

Definitely. There are people who drive in snow/ice or dirt that have no f#cking clue what they're doing if they slide or get stuck. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

54 minutes ago, The_russian said:

my opinion getting a license should be more difficult than it currently is. 

They need to do like Japan. 30 days of drivers ed. With many hours of road time with instructors. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

They need to do like Japan. 30 days of drivers ed. With many hours of road time with instructors. 

oh nononono.

that would be god awfully expensive and long. although a month would be nice in like before considered a driver but not for doing driving ed.

Many hours, something I think other EU countries might do? but is encouraged to drive by yourself with someone who could teach you (like a friend or family with a license) and being less expensive while clocking some hours on the road hopefully without accidents. I kinda wish it was faster as in the US and not as stupidly expensive it can become, but I do see the problems with it and the various driving ages across the country?

7 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

oh nononono.

that would be god awfully expensive and long. although a month would be nice in like before considered a driver but not for doing driving ed.

Many hours, something I think other EU countries might do? but is encouraged to drive by yourself with someone who could teach you (like a friend or family with a license) and being less expensive while clocking some hours on the road hopefully without accidents. I kinda wish it was faster as in the US and not as stupidly expensive it can become, but I do see the problems with it and the various driving ages across the country?

The problem is Friend and Family could be the issue on the road ways. Even after I did drivers ed, I had to clock so many hours with a Licensed driver. That meant my dad. My dad had zero to no patience with the task. You're better off driving with someone who A) Gives a fuck, and B) will teach you a bit of the law. Too many people in Michigan do give a shit behind the wheel, which is why we probably have the most accidence, especial in Metro Detroit. 

Making it easier to get a license is a bad idea. We should be setting the bar higher. Thats how you make the roads safer. I feel in many ways the police need to crack down more on traffic violations. Especially speeding. I see too many people in a hurry every day on my way to work, cutting in front of people and riding peoples rear ends because they are too stupid to use proper time management skills and not have to rush to get to work. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 hours ago, 12345678 said:

well where I am from to get a driving license you don't have to even drive a car, so 🤷‍♂️

< removed by moderation >

20 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Definitely. There are people who drive in snow/ice or dirt that have no f#cking clue what they're doing if they slide or get stuck. 

Goes for everything out of the ordinary. I once got a free car because my cousin didn't know you can't keep your foot on the brake while going downhill for a long time. She cooked the brakes and was convinced that they were now unreliable. They were not, they cooled down and worked just fine. Car just had new tires and a huge service. Drove it for 2 years after with no issues except for a new ignition key cylinder. I'm Dutch, we don't have hills here, and as soon as Dutch people cross the border they REALLY should read up on how driving in hills goes. 

Edited by LogicalDrm