Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
8 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

The noise bothers my roommate also. My Cherry MX Blues are really loud

My mom has made comments about my Blue Switched Keyboard. She has to deal. I already dont use speakers with my computer or TV because its "Too loud". So she has to deal with the keyboard. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

29 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

My mom has made comments about my Blue Switched Keyboard. She has to deal. I already dont use speakers with my computer or TV because its "Too loud". So she has to deal with the keyboard. 

Supposedly there are little rubber rings you can put on keys which are supposed to make things quieter.  No idea how well they actually work but that they are even made is enough to show it’s considered an issue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Opinion: If you dont know, you have no ducking business downloading and installing win11. If you cant figure it out, you shouldnt have installed.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

13 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Supposedly there are little rubber rings you can put on keys which are supposed to make things quieter.  No idea how well they actually work but that they are even made is enough to show it’s considered an issue.

often allowing not to "bottom out" a key to make sound. Can be done various ways and some depends on the switches you have (as they bottom out differently).

Everything from lube, stronger springs (higher g string, 40g vs 80g string), rubber rings, and of course everyone needs a rubber duck.

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

often allowing not to "bottom out" a key to make sound. Can be done various ways and some depends on the switches you have (as they bottom out differently).

Everything from lube, stronger springs (higher g string, 40g vs 80g string), rubber rings, and of course everyone needs a rubber duck.

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

15 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have some rubber rings from Amazon on my cheaper mechanical keyboard (Tecware Phantom with clicky blues), it shortened the stroke and got rid of the bottom out feeling and put a softer bottom on the stroke that I like. I left some keys full stroke, the ones I rarely use or the ones I wanted a different feel to. Most keys could take two rings but then you started getting pretty rubbery feeling. For how cheap they were they made the keyboard feel a lot better, the stroke was just too deep and I didn't like that.  Only sound I get now is the click of the blues, not the thump of the key bottoming out.

As someone who is professionally involved into IT for years I must say that so called tech enthusiasts are generally lacking A LOT of IT related knowledge, both in the fields of hardware and software.

college/university culture sucks

they often disgard how "common" people behave, but at the same time, they fail to realize that they are behaving at the same way

besides many istitutes, and people in those istitutes are just blood suckers

20 hours ago, 12345678 said:

kissing lips to lips is gross

4 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

they often disgard how "common" people behave, but at the same time, they fail to realize that they are behaving at the same way

Are you, and I don't ask this to be offensive or insulting, a bit on the autism spectrum?

54 minutes ago, Bitter said:

a bit on the autism spectrum?

everyone is a bit autistic at times 😛 Also a fair game when it comes to sort of considering kissing to be gross (not to be "edgy", oof), sometimes less clean than shaking hands, or licking a toilet seat or water.

1 hour ago, 12345678 said:

When I went the “culture” tended to vary a lot school to school within 1 country.  It was also more affordable though.  This may be a small sample issue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

28 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

everyone is a bit autistic at times 😛 Also a fair game when it comes to sort of considering kissing to be gross (not to be "edgy", oof), sometimes less clean than shaking hands, or licking a toilet seat or water.

I really meant no offense, just reminded me of some friends from school who def were and some of their views and opinions on things.

I've never found Scarlett Johansson particularly attractive.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, The_russian said:

Agreed, while we are at it what's with people's obsession with Shrek? Especially "All Star", I can't stand that song.  

All star if it’s the song I’m thinking of was a pop tune before it was used in that movie.  It got very overplayed.  I suspect like “never gonna give you up” it wil possibly be used in a hundred years to define the music of the period. 

36 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I've never found Scarlett Johansson particularly attractive.

Charlyne Yi is endearingly awkward and quite adorable.

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

When I went the “culture” tended to vary a lot school to school within 1 country.  It was also more affordable though.  This may be a small sample issue.

in fact is an opinion, doesn't matter objectivity

It matters not what other ppl think.
It matters what ppl think that are special to you!

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

16 hours ago, 12345678 said:

in fact is an opinion, doesn't matter objectivity

Well yeah.  This whole thread doesn’t matter objectively.  I’m just pointing out that one persons view of one school system may not be indicative of all schools everywhere.boot on the ground viewpoint has advantages and limitations.  It’s a very common issue and one that is extremely difficult to deal with. A map of a whole bunch of boots on the ground views of college culture could be interesting though.  There age generally multiple colleges in every country and occasionally they interact.  One that hit me was a German university practice of using the informal “du” in common activities.  This at the time I visited Germany was NOT a common practice outside schools.  As 90% of my training in German used the “du” form of address I embarrassed myself several times.  This was many years ago though.  Back when there was a DDR and a BRD.  I have no idea how things work now.

Edited by Bombastinator

3 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

It matters not what other ppl think.
It matters what ppl think that are special to you!

Depends. Mostly perhaps.  If all the people special to you are thinking the same false thing it can still get you killed.  Pretty rare though

Time for me to maybe post in this thread again i think. There was some reason I stopped but I forget why and there's many more pages now so I think it's moved on.

I think that drawn-out non-musical introductions to music videos are stupid in the modern world (YouTube). Often if I just look up a music video it's because I want to hear the song. Not skip through 2 minutes of build up before the actual music starts.

In a similar vein - there are too many songs where I can really get into them listening to the first minute or two, then the chorus comes in and the style is completely different - often made from a load of random electronic effects. It ruins a song for me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Microwaved pizza from the day before tastes just as good. I don't mind that it's a bit soggy.

Just now, Tosa said:

Microwaved pizza from the day before tastes just as good. I don't mind that it's a bit soggy.

I ate 3 day old Pizza that was refrigerate, no reheat. Only because it was Chicago Style Pizza from well Chicago. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On a similar note to the last comment, I don't mind un-heated food at all. If I have left over pizza I usually don't bother heating it back up, same goes with some other food. With most things as long as it's at least room-temp, that's good enough for me, I don't prefer leftover food to be warm or hot. 

Nintendo/Game Freak should update Pokemon X/Y to add the Mega Stones added in OR/AS.

I mean, how cool does that look?

image.jpeg.805e4babc1febcceb9e439c4d9d9830f.jpeg
Imagine facing down Lysandre and Diantha with that!

elephants