Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Led Zeppelin. The Doors. I don't see why people like them.
And if you look at my record collection you'd expect them there. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I ate 3 day old Pizza that was refrigerate, no reheat. Only because it was Chicago Style Pizza from well Chicago. 

Chicago style tells me nothing, NOTHING! Deep dish? Tavern style? Thin crust? They all reheat in such different ways, Deep dish is the most difficult because you basically gotta re-oven it to reheat it correctly, you can do a single slice in a covered pan on medium-low heat decently well though. Thin crust, uncovered medium skillet. Tavern style reheats perfect in a toaster oven on about 350 for 8-10 minutes.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Chicago style tells me nothing

image.png.a9bcc58feb2d2d932f4446f539d0222b.png

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, s_k said:

Old music >>> new music ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Led zepplin is pretty good tbh

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Old music >>> new music ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Led zepplin is pretty good tbh

I love both. You just have to dig a little deeper to find good new music. It's just that there's loads of 60's and 70's stuff in my collection, yet what on earth people find pleasant about the Doors or Led Zep, it's beyond me.

As someone who's deeply invested in music and who goes to record stores all the time, this is definitely an unpopular opinion 😄

1 minute ago, s_k said:

I love both. You just have to dig a little deeper to find good new music. It's just that there's loads of 60's and 70's stuff in my collection, yet what on earth people find pleasant about the Doors or Led Zep, it's beyond me.

As someone who's deeply invested in music and who goes to record stores all the time, this is definitely an unpopular opinion 😄

There is good music still being produced today but thats gonna be pretty buried under the brain damaging ear grating mainstream music and ppl that copy the style of the mainstream new music cause theres no variation in mainstream music nowadays

Old music is great but obviously there is also garbage among old music

43 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

There is good music still being produced today but thats gonna be pretty buried under the brain damaging ear grating mainstream music and ppl that copy the style of the mainstream new music cause theres no variation in mainstream music nowadays

Old music is great but obviously there is also garbage among old music

There's absolutely horrible old music indeed. And honestly, many of that was mainstream too. It was just forgotten very quickly.
In my opinion a good 'top 40' song comes out every 5-10 years these days, it's a bit shocking. 
I do buy new music very regularly though, but it's generally not mainstream. 
Looking at my Discogs, this year I bought quite a few records that are less than 20 years old:
Mdou Moctar - Afrique Victime
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - LW
The Bees - Octopus
Bombino - Live in Amsterdam
Imarhan - Imarhan
Mandolin Orange - Blindfaller
Menahan Street Band - The Exciting Sounds of the Menahan Street Band
Rose City Band - Earth Trip
Calexico - Feast of Wire
Hayes Carll - Lovers and Leavers
The Budos Band - Long in the Tooth
Israel Nash - Rain Plans
Chatham County Line - Strange Fascination
The Slackers - LIve at Ernesto's
DeWolff - Wolffpack & Metropole Orkest, Carré Live
Spaceslug - Lemanis
Wipers - Is this Real?
Daniel Romano's Outfit - How Ill thy World is Ordered

Admittedly, there's a shit ton of Jazz and Reggae from earlier days that I bought in the same period, I still buy more old than new stuff, because there IS just more old music, but there's plenty of good stuff if you invest in trying to find it :). 

1 minute ago, s_k said:

but there's plenty of good stuff if you invest in trying to find it :). 

Maybe if i run out of 80s 70s 60s 50s 40s 30s music xD

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Maybe if i run out of 80s 70s 60s 50s 40s 30s music xD

I guess you don't care too much about live gigs :D. 

Earbuds/IEMs > Headphones

I haven't used headphones at all in the last year and a half

cheap wired earbuds > expesive TWS, seriously, my $40 backup pair of earbuds sounds better than any TWS i've tried (and i've tried a lot).

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Earbuds/IEMs > Headphones

Nothing wrong with that in principle - except that for me, they're cause pain in the ear.

Other than that, I also don't really understand why anyone would want to ram a piece of plastic in their ear in the first place

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:48 PM, zeusthemoose said:

I don’t see a difference in refresh rates/high FPS. I went from a $60 60hz 1080p monitor to a 32” 1440p 144hz monitor and the only change I’ve noticed is the insanely better image quality. I also have a 300hz screen on my laptop. I can tell no difference between them in terms of refresh rates and smoothness. 
Even using my old 60hz one again, the refresh rate is completely normal looking to me. Though I do notice tearing and stuttering on any of the screens.

Did you actually put the refresh rate at 144Hz and 300Hz, because out of the box they usually are at 60Hz

12 hours ago, Donut417 said:

image.png.a9bcc58feb2d2d932f4446f539d0222b.png

Not a pizza. Thats a pie.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

16 hours ago, s_k said:

I find myself dying of boredom when listening to these bands. But I will admit that Led Zeppelin has a legendary drummer who somehow elevates the whiny vocals which annoy me. The rest of the lineup is pretty standard for 60s and 70s rock. There are some undeniably good songs, but listening to an entire album feels like an absolute chore when there are promongated "jams". I haven't listened much to the Doors but I'm not genuinely motivated to do so 😂 

But what do I know, I listen to Vaporwave and HyperPop 🤦🤷

Yup, Led Zep is Boredom with a hint of annoyance from the dude's vocals. 
Doors is pure annoyance. Stop naaaaggiiiing Jim!
I just lack any sort of hook or melody to like in those bands, it's all based on energy and riffs, give or take a few songs, and that's just not how I listen to music.
There's two or three Led Zep songs I don't mind, there's two or three Doors songs I don't mind, but I had their records (because vinyl was dirt cheap, once, so you just bought what you had heard of) and I gave them away. 

5 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Not a pizza. Thats a pie.

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

But that's a pie.

Here in Chicagoland that's pizza.
I haven't had too much but I do like it.

elephants

6 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Deep Purple and Black Sabbath peaked with their first few albums

True of a whole lot of bands. First albums often have a whole lot more time put into them than say, third albums. The weird one is bands that have been around for a really long time can release albums very late in their careers that are utterly fantastic but don’t get a lot of play because “who cares about the X boys anymore” or whatever.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Do you perhaps like Queen? Lol.

In my opinion, a "legendary" person alone cannot save something that's average at best.

I like the 5 or 6 Queen songs which get overplayed on the radio LOL. Billy Joel has some dope songs as well. I kinda see a trend here with all 60s and 70s rock 🤷

100% Agree that Jon Bonham can't save me from boredom. But the song Fool in the Rain is God tier if you can somehow block the whiny vocals out of your mind. The level of syncopation is nuts... 

48 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

As someone who doesn't really care about audio quality (to a point), It's the other way round for me. I have a pair of TWS and I love them, they're so much more convenient than wired earbuds, and these have lasted longer than most, if not all pairs of wired earbuds I've owned because there's no wire that can break.

I find the opposite to be true, again based entirely on convenience.  Wired stuff doesn’t run out of battery at odd moments and because it’s got strings on it it’s a lot harder to lose.  There is the issue of them getting tangled, but that one largely got more or less worked out just before wireless headphones ate everything.  I’ve got wireless and wired headphones.  The wired ones are wholly less of a PITA.  There are a couple of side issues, 1/5th the price is a big one for me, as is what is going to happen to all those tiny non-removable LiPo bag batteries in ten years?  Each one is a tiny incindiary bomb. That one is scary, but convenience wise I find wireless headphones just plain annoying.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

small activity suck, they do fail because they are bad, not because of the big players

they don't respect the law,

they don't price their own items, so they can try to fuck you up, as they want, even if they do price stuff, it does cost thousands of times more than if I bought the same stuff elsewhere

the warranty does exist only on paper

they exploit the staff, and good luck to get any protection there

they don't respect hygene norms

they evade more taxes than all big players combined

those types of buisness do fail because are worthless, garbage

the only times that I do buy in a small local business, it's only when I need something right in the moment

On 7/7/2021 at 5:42 AM, NZgamer said:

As someone who doesn't really care about audio quality (to a point), It's the other way round for me. I have a pair of TWS and I love them, they're so much more convenient than wired earbuds, and these have lasted longer than most, if not all pairs of wired earbuds I've owned because there's no wire that can break.

100% Agree! I tried my gosh darn hardest to love the cheap and powerful KZ IEMs. But they wouldn't stop falling out of my ears due to the strange design, the heavy enclosures and that awful wire. My TWS earphones just stay in.

Mighty Wings by Cheap Trick is a better song for fighter jets than Danger Zone.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Someone that disagrees with you, is not an enemy.

(Im guessing this is very unpopular, seeing all the retards fighting on social media. 😄 )

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!