Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Changing fonts on this forum for just regular ole talk and asking questions infuriates me.

If you think you know better make your own damn forum and ask there.
The font thats standard is the best, most readable yet not to big.
People still change it to some shit font, which is really nice to have don't get me wrong.
If you make your signature fancy with them or have a post that uses different fonts to distinguish, fine.

But if i read something like this i wanna break something;

"Please help, computer doesn't boot anymore."

(I gave it proper punctuation i know when ppl do stupid stuff like that it usually doesn't have any, but i had to.)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Changing fonts on this forum for just regular ole talk and asking questions infuriates me.

If you think you know better make your own damn forum and ask there.
The font thats standard is the best, most readable yet not to big.
People still change it to some shit font, which is really nice to have don't get me wrong.
If you make your signature fancy with them or have a post that uses different fonts to distinguish, fine.

But if i read something like this i wanna break something;

"Please help computer doesn't boot anymore."

(I gave it proper punctuation i know when ppl do stupid stuff like that it usually doesn't have any, but i had to.)

I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion, I have a feeling most people agree with you. I really don’t understand why people change the font though especially to something like what you used at the end. I usually just ignore those posts, I’m not going to put extra effort into trying to read the post, and it doesn’t help that many of them have little or no punctuation in addition to bad grammar. 

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion, I have a feeling most people agree with you. I really don’t understand why people change the font though especially to something like what you used at the end. I usually just ignore those posts, I’m not going to put extra effort into trying to read the post, and it doesn’t help that many of them have little or no punctuation in addition to bad grammar. 

I guess the unpopularity comes from my violence towards it.
I wanna beat ppl with their keyboard that make posts like i mentioned. 😄

But i thought it was better to not say that directly. hehehehe.

But yeah i  cannot understand people's mind-set that do that absolutely useless stupid shit. And then complain if they don't get a proper response.

I'm not a violent person (well clearly i am hahaha), but my blood boils when i hear ppl asking for help but at the same time pushing that help away.
But that might just be me, i really like helping and don't want it ruined by morons that don't deserve it.

7 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Might be because of the equipment they are using on their end.  For them it may be more readable.  Just not for most other people.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Might be because of the equipment they are using on their end.  For them it may be more readable.  Just not for most other people.

They use something different then a monitor or phone? 😄

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

They use something different then a monitor or phone? 😄

Monitors can be quite old and different systems can have different fonts.  If they’re using say some old crt for example only a few fonts work well. The mistake I think is the way they changed their system.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Monitors can be quite old and different systems can have different fonts.  If they’re using say some old crt for example only a few fonts work well. The mistake I think is the way they changed their system.  

I wasnt completely serious hence the 😄  emoticon.

But i think like with the text color there should be a minimum amount of posts made before one can change the font.
Since its mostly ignorant newbies. Give them to many options and they go bezerk. 😛

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I wasnt completely serious hence the 😄  emoticon.

But i think like with the text color there should be a minimum amount of posts made before one can change the font.
Since its mostly ignorant newbies. Give them to many options and they go bezerk. 😛

This could be the case.

13 hours ago, Eviljuche said:

I am not saying that electric cars are fraud in any way, just saying that Lithium sucks. if there was more eco-friendly energy storage material, I wouldn't complain a bit. And I said that only Euro 5/6 compliant cars are better - but the problem is that the majority of people do not have these ones, and they do not want to do any engine swap, if that's possible, so the EVs are the major step forward anyway

There are some, but only in grid scale sizes. (Big scale power).

From air battery, water, liquid metal can be a thing, and some others. Although all of them will have their own issues and mostly not work in lower scales or in transport?

Hydrogen, I think was talked about, but kind of becomes 1 step forward with 2 steps back in its current state.

Also that there is so much waste with the EV cars, as in features to charging abilities changing, new safety features, new general improvements, range changes and to brands finding a way to make you pay more or to what part to fail by time like batteries. If only tesla could do more with their future of cells and not a future of "when it fails you have to buy a new car" or "get 10 subscriptions and insurance for it, while we can disable the safety of your car in an instant"...

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Whites are very difficult to replicate, but yolks are for many purposes just fat globules and as such one may see additions of other kinds of oils instead. 

Again, you seem not to understand my reasons. So now I will shorten it as much as possible. 
After making a dish if I end up with anything more than egg shells when it comes to eggs, I don’t want to make it. Simple. 

2 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Again, you seem not to understand my reasons. So now I will shorten it as much as possible. 
After making a dish if I end up with anything more than egg shells when it comes to eggs, I don’t want to make it. Simple. 

And many recipies are set up like that.  Only the old French ones and the ones employing molecular gastronomy will likely cause an issue.  I personally don’t have much of an issue getting rid of a few cents worth on biodegradable egg yolk that is quite bad for me if I cook it before I eat it.  Plus the cat loves them and it’s good for her coat.  The problem French chefs and molecular gastronomists have with egg fat is it’s a particularly sticky fat that ruins some things . 

usb mini B beats micro A

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

5 minutes ago, Freakwise said:

usb mini B beats micro A

Mini b was better than microB too.  It mostly only ever got used in cameras though so it’s not very useful out side some rather specific circles.

On 7/17/2021 at 11:43 AM, Eviljuche said:

1. GIMP is better than Photoshop

2. HTML-based HTTP-powered Web sucks, we should all use Gopher

3. There is no reason in using JavaScript for anything, except for saving time and working hours

4. Mobile phones and privacy can't co-exist

5. Atomic energy is the best green energy for now (Viva la France)

6. The RPGs should not be defined just by having skills and level-ups, the rich story, and enourmous amounts of interconnected mechanisms of how your words and actions affect the world of the game is the defining element as well. Most of the classic RPGs and almost all JRPGs should not be treated as RPGs then, only as adventure games

7. Any film/TV show/Anime dub is a form of vulgarity mixed with philistine disrespect towards the consistency of art

8. Steam sucks, GOG is million times better

9. Disco Elysium and Pathologic 2 are the only decent games of the lastdecade

1 Paint Clip studio destroys them both.

2 shrug

3 Modded Minecraft exists.

4 This is true, though privacy and going online at all doesn't co-exist if we're being real.

5 Possibly.

6 The whole point of an RPG is storytelling.

7 Elitist weebism is annoying. My wife is Japanese and sometimes prefers dub depending on the overall product. Art is what the individual makes of it. 

8 Only price matters, fanboying any platform is weird.

9 Never heard of them until reading this thread. Maybe I'm old, but the last golden age of gaming was from the N64 era.

Just now, Mooshi said:

3 Modded Minecraft exists.

That's Java, not JavaScript.

Just now, Mooshi said:

8 Only price matters, fanboying any platform is weird.

I don't have any specific preference for a given platform but it's a pain to have loads of different launchers installed so I generally buy from Steam if possible.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 hour ago, pythonmegapixel said:

but it's a pain to have loads of different launchers installed so I generally buy from Steam if possible.

The dreaded talk about a browser of all browsers and launchers. Like a library wallet. And of course nvidia has their own game browser with geforce.

Maybe we can actually get a clear view of all accepted EULAs and third party programs they use like DRM etc... from redshell, malware, denuvo and so on.

Food topic

Washing your food might not help much if you do that. In some cases it can, others not so much. Salad like lettuce can be a killer, I mean it can make you sick. Also other vegetables that are eaten raw that can be worse than meat (if meat is cooked right).

1 hour ago, pythonmegapixel said:

That's Java, not JavaScript.

I don't have any specific preference for a given platform but it's a pain to have loads of different launchers installed so I generally buy from Steam if possible.

A lot of people are like that with steam.  Why? Because even though steam is fundamentally less advantageous in many ways over boxed games, it has some advantages amongst them portability, simplicity, and reliability.  There were some early competitors to steam but the tended to have massive reliability problems and they failed.  The ones that continue to compete with steam do so because they have the things that steam has plus other things to offer that steam does not. GoG for instance is much less obnoxious about its requirements for download and stuff.  They don’t allow copy protection stuff for one thing. It all depends on how valuable you feel the offerings of other systems are compared to the convenience of a single account.  A competitor actually has to be better than steam in order to even have people look at it. That said there are some.

35 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

That's what I literally said

No, Art is what Auteur makes it, if it's art and not just a piece of mindless self-destructing result of a factory production. Dub acting is a parasite injected into the consistency of creation, it is literally vandalism, since one of the key element of cinema - the actors - is destroyed. And I'm not a weeb, I was just talking about any films, including anime. The preferences and the nation of your wife has nothing to do with the thing discussed, don't even know why you mentioned it. And, yes, I am a snobbish elitist, I even take that as a compliment.

GOG is better because it allows me to buy the games without DRM and without having to use this piece of disgusting piece of digital mind-harassment called the game launchers

Minecraft is Java, not Javascript. And yes, the existence of Minecraft (especially modded, because I hate mods in general) for me is an argument against everything that is related to it

Never saw or played any N64 game in my life, since nobody plays Nintendo in Russia. My childhood was connected with PC gaming and PS1, so I can't judge about that.

Re: dubbing is vandalism

then so is car modding or starwars movies since starwars was originally a book, and a whole lot of other stuff. It’s problematic and it can change the piece drastically as can any editing, or reformatting or rehanging or even just time.  Sometimes that is a question of making something useful or not.  It is by definition a change though.

Edited by Bombastinator

5 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

Yes, I am literally against any modding, even in cars and games, because It feels anti-aesthetic to me

I warn you It’s a recipe for disappointment.  Time can have an even greater effect.  There are bugs bunny cartoons which today are considered ugly and unwatchable because they were created in a different time.  The premise of Buck Rodgers was not considered ludicrous when it was originally unfurled in the very early 20th century.  In the 80’s it was considered amusingly camp and today it is completely gone.  A classic is something that resists that.  There are music pieces 400 years old that are still played today.  Not many of them though.  A few percent perhaps of what was created.  

41 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

I don't know, all of those things were considered cringe even at that time by the cringeworthy snobs like me.

It’s surprisingly hard to call a classic before it hits.  Fairly easy to call something that can’t possibly make it but even that can be error prone.  The song that is most likely I suspect to define its period a hundred years from now? “Never gonna give you up”. The rickroll song. The thing people cringe so hard at it became a meme. 

54 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

today are considered ugly and unwatchable because they were created in a different time.

Dont forget racist. Many years back I remember watching a bugs bunny cartoon that slid and racial slur in to it. Obviously this was one of the older cartoons made during a time when that was I guess acceptable on TV. What really shocked me is it was playing on TV in the 2000's, I figured that would have been pulled due to the FCC wanting to break a foot in someones ass. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

When it comes to anime I don’t have objections against dubs. Eg. I always preferred English Dragon Ball dub than original Japanese one. 

Also speaking of anime, it is one of THE WORST source for Japanese learning. I speak Japanese because of the business, but if you wanted to use anime Japanese you would easily offend someone. Japanese is not like English that you directly say someone that he is as****, mot********r etc. Just one wrong pronoun can make you sound aggressive. Also, during my first encounter with Japan local weebs were giving me “protips”, but those were super wrong. Real life Japan and weeb Japan are not similar a single bit. 

9 hours ago, Eviljuche said:

Yes, I am literally against any modding, even in cars and games, because It feels anti-aesthetic to me

But why do you have a problem with it in general? Nobody else is forcing you to use modded versions of anything, if you don't want to. Meanwhile, some other people enjoy modifying their software or equipment to do exactly what they want, and it doesn't affect you in the slightest.

Live and let live, I say.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, Eviljuche said:

It kinda makes me feel depressed and unwell, that weird feeling when you also see when someone brutally breaks things in front of your eyes

But they're not breaking something, are they. In fact they are doing the opposite, making it more useful.

I will concede one thing - modifications to the vehicle exhaust system should not be permitted. It's nothing short of arrogant of motorists to think they have the right to poison pedestrians and defean everyone within a mile radius just so they can be 'cool' with their dangerously modified exhaust.

But if we're talking about, for example, Minecraft mods - there are some I dislike because I don't feel that they're in the spirit of the original game, and I am well within my rights, therefore, not to use them. But who am I to say other people shouldn't?

Also, do you take offence at open source software? That's almost the same concept (though a bit more orchestrated).

pythonmegapixel

17 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

useful is such a relative concept, if you ask me. And I kinda don't care about the pros of modding, it's still an aesthetic damage to me.

You keep talking about "aesthetic damage" without actually explaining what you mean. And again, nobody is making you use the modified version. Other people want to, and it's not really your place, or mine, to stop them.

Let me give you an example. Sometimes, people modify cheap electronics which would take single-use alkaline batteries (most commonly AAs) to run from an rechargeable Li-on battery instead. This makes the battery last longer, makes it rechargeable, reduces waste and doesn't affect the appearance or operation of the device. Is this the kind of thing you are against?

What about modifying old Nintendo Gameboys to have a backlit screen? This does undoubtedly change the aesthetic of the device, but it makes it far more useful because it is easier to see what's on the screen.

I do occasionally take offense on forks of an open source software packages

But that's pretty much the entire point of free (as in speech) software.

pythonmegapixel