Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
4 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

Sure, a lot of anime aspects are very annoying and cringe, but comics to hollywood movies got their own issues too.

Some anime that might not seem as anime like, can be very good or covers a theme, but often anime can be quite repetitive or have a bad structure to them, some due to the market they target. but if you say that all anime is cringe, that is kinda cringe.

Hide contents

I would say when you become obsessed with catgirls is the point when you need to stop and chill and get other hobbies.

catgirls did nothing wrong!

Or you could get a gf instead of lusting over 2d girls. Whenever you begin lusting over a hobby then its probably time to consider chilling a bit. Thats on the second bit.

For the first bit again i find it cringe but as long as your not obsessing over it its fine with me. I generally dont judge people based on that kinda stuff with few exceptions.

All DC and Marvel movies are pretty much pure garbage if you dont count Watchmen, Batman Begins, Dark Knight and Iron Man.

Toilet paper goes around the back not the front.

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

10 minutes ago, OU812 said:

Toilet paper goes around the back not the front.

The original patent for toilet paper rolls says otherwise: 

image.png.177b7e85790c7c805ebe3d2e4f7e6ad9.png

That's not to say there's a correct or incorrect way to do it, but going around the front is how it was designed. 

4 hours ago, Benji said:

TL;DR: 5G, in it's current state, is more marketing and hot air to me than anything that is faster than 4G+/LTE Advanced (higher-frequency LTE).

It's the same in the US, there was a recent study that showed 5G on average either had the same speeds, or in most cases actually slower than 4G. That's for average speeds, sure 5G will have faster speeds in some very specific areas but on average for now it doesn't seem worth it, and certainly not a "new era" for most people.

Edited by The_russian
Updated with bigger picture

5 hours ago, The_russian said:

It's the same in the US, there was a recent study that showed 5G on average either had the same speeds, or in most cases actually slower than 4G. That's for average speeds, sure 5G will have faster speeds in some very specific areas but on average for now it doesn't seem worth it, and certainly not a "new era" for most people.

Tbh what happened to new technology actually being groundbreaking and not just +3% bEtTeR gRaPhIcS1!!!!!

Hyperloop < Magnetic bullet train on a railgun or like a railgun slingshot.

faster, worse, more power? and more damage to your organs! perfect for transportation.

Or just go with the fricking maglev, bruh.

Unpopular #1: I should be able to receive a cheque from online freelance/gig job websites for my services rather than having to sign up for PayPal or payoneer or whatever other payment system that wants to screw me over.

Unpopular #2: I should be allowed to purchase items online by mailing in cash directly.  My credit card never changes, no matter how much I complain, so it's completely insecure to use the same number over-and-over for websites that really don't care about you if it gets stolen. 

Unpopular C: And why do I need a cell phone to "verify my identity" on my gmail account?  Since when does email require a cell phone?  And how does a cell phone verify that it's even me in the first place when I can buy a burner on the street corner?  I thought that NOT needing analogue hardware was the big reason for using email in the first place.

Unpopular (iv): Analogue is spelled with a "ue", colour has a 'u' in it, 'z' is pronounced 'zed', and I like tofu on pizza.

Everything I hate about online economies is described by the adage of the man who goes to the local pub to frequently play a blatantly rigged game of poker.  I know the system is rigged against me, but danged if it isn't the only game in town. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

26 minutes ago, Yuri Fury said:

Unpopular #1: I should be able to receive a cheque from online freelance/gig job websites for my services rather than having to sign up for PayPal or payoneer or whatever other payment system that wants to screw me over.

Unpopular #2: I should be allowed to purchase items online by mailing in cash directly.  My credit card never changes, no matter how much I complain, so it's completely insecure to use the same number over-and-over for websites that really don't care about you if it gets stolen. 

Unpopular C: And why do I need a cell phone to "verify my identity" on my gmail account?  Since when does email require a cell phone?  And how does a cell phone verify that it's even me in the first place when I can buy a burner on the street corner?  I thought that NOT needing analogue hardware was the big reason for using email in the first place.

Unpopular (iv): Analogue is spelled with a "ue", colour has a 'u' in it, 'z' is pronounced 'zed', and I like tofu on pizza.

Everything I hate about online economies is described by the adage of the man who goes to the local pub to frequently play a blatantly rigged game of poker.  I know the system is rigged against me, but danged if it isn't the only game in town. 

Never had tofu on pizza.  Tofu is a ‘we got texture but get your flavor elsewhere’ kind of thing.  Might be a way to get a flavor into pizza that normally wouldn’t easily go into it though. Tofu has no real flavor of its own but readily absorbs the flavors of things around it. I like tea flavored tofu.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Yuri Fury said:

My credit card never changes, no matter how much I complain, so it's completely insecure to use the same number over-and-over for websites that really don't care about you if it gets stolen. 

Yes, having your card in multiple areas is not really secure. Also depends on the card, credit card? Debit Card? VCC card? (digital generated card)

Unpopular C: And why do I need a cell phone to "verify my identity" on my gmail account?  Since when does email require a cell phone?

They want your personal information, and a phone number is just more information they want or clicking on links to their pages instead of showing in the email itself.

American english or english english? (british english) 😛

1. Half-Life 2 was/is overhyped and has absolutely garbage vehicle controls and physics (at least when it comes to vehicles)

2. Final Fantasy 7 is a mediocre JRPG

3. There is such a thing as too much RGB

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

3 minutes ago, CrowTheRobot said:

1. Half-Life 2 was/is overhyped and has absolutely garbage vehicle controls and physics (at least when it comes to vehicles)

2. Final Fantasy 7 is a mediocre JRPG

3. There is such a thing as too much RGB

Yep.  Unpopular alright, though I do agree about the half-life vehicle controls.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Yuri Fury said:

It's not just online economies, real ones are rigged too. The thing is though that people are ok with that because they assume that they've got the ticket to eventually make it big (ignoring that the fact that the economy is rigged against them inherently prohibits this), which is when the rigged economy will work in their favor.

My unpopular opinions?

1. The Last Jedi is the best non OT film of the franchise.
  2. No, you can't hear the difference between regular, decently manufactured headphones/speakers and audiophile headphones/speakers. There's a reason no professional musician is an audiophile. If you call yourself one, you like listening to gear, not to music and you suffer from a placebo effect. Otherwise, you'd go to a concert. And the irony is that the audio at a concert usually sucks, especially for smaller clubs.
  3. Similar vein, but no, you can't see a difference between 120 Hz and 360 Hz, you just think you can because of confirmation bias.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Intel NUC's are generally more money than they are worth. I dont understand why some of these cost $1000. Ive been looking at getting a NUC to replace my Plex server. I only need a box for transcoding, but every time I look at the Intel NUC's they seem over priced. God help you if you go look at the models that Plex suggests you buy, I think the cheapest is like $900. SMH. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Scorpio is just the coolest Zodiac

Math is fun

Children on VRchat are FBI agents

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

Probably not an unpopular opinion:

Companies should NOT be allowed to make and sell a game with time limited copyrighted audio tracks or content that would force them to stop selling the game after a period. 

Companies should NOT be allowed to sell a game that's mostly multiplayer or multiplayer only and stop the multiplayer after a short period, making the game unusable. When they discontinue the service, they should be forced to release a basic server software that would emulate the server and keep the game working. If they can't do that, buyer should be entitled to a refund for the game.

Also, time limited licenses for things in game, like football teams, licenses to use cars in game.. so stupid to be forced to stop selling a game, because the license to use a specific car in game was only for one year.

Was reminded of these by the Need for Speed games which they stopped selling due to car license or music, i forget now ... don't even play these games. 

Imagine your parents pulling out a Super Nintendo from the closet to show you how they games 20 years ago, and the donkey kong cartridges no longer play because the background music license has expired. 

31 minutes ago, Jay427 said:

Scorpio is just the coolest Zodiac

Math is fun

Children on VRchat are FBI agents

1&2 may go together

4 hours ago, Jay427 said:

VRchat

One of the biggest reasons Id buy a headset. I wouldn't even say anything. I just stand and a corner and watch. Ive seen videos, some people are lets say a big screwy in the head. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I hate all flavored chips except vinegar chips

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

3 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

I hate all flavored chips except vinegar chips

How about Celeron?

I edit my posts more often than not

On 6/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Donut417 said:

Intel NUC's are generally more money than they are worth. I dont understand why some of these cost $1000. Ive been looking at getting a NUC to replace my Plex server. I only need a box for transcoding, but every time I look at the Intel NUC's they seem over priced. God help you if you go look at the models that Plex suggests you buy, I think the cheapest is like $900. SMH. 

This I also do not understand other than niche supply and demand. It's the same bits as a laptop just not spread out and without a screen or battery, but costs as much as or more than a laptop with equivalent hardware.

On 6/11/2021 at 5:43 PM, CrowTheRobot said:

Idk why Half Life is hyped at all. I tried every game and failed to pull myself through any of them. Imo they're not only flawed when it comes to vehicles, but also just not good overall.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Speaking of vehicles in games, if game is not driving simulation and vehicles are just a small part of it, driving vehicles should be dumbed down to the maximum. I hate when I have FPS where I am forced to drive and then vehicle starts to fly because I went over a small stone or I want vehicle to turn, but it takes forever to turn. Just screw that shit, I dislike driving simulations for a reason and don't make non driving simulation game vehicle experience into driving simulation. Good example of good dumbed down vehicle experience is Sleeping Dogs.

Water somehow tastes better than soda.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD