Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Beethoven and Bach super overrated.

Not sure that qualifies as unpopular.  Amongst classical musicians it is extremely popular.  I would have to go with Yes and no.  They were really giants of their period that did actual seminal stuff.  They are vastly overplayed compared with other worthy composers though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Yes and no.  They were really giants of their period that did actual seminal stuff.  They are vastly overplayed compared with other worthy composers though.

I was only partially serious, lol.

But yes, when you change the landscape of music as they have, you deserve to be highly rated.

Too many, more to my taste, are lost with time. But it's been  soooooo much time.

10 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

English is an incredibly easy language.

Jalapenos are terrible, and adding them to food is lazy and ruins the dish.

It is easy, or at least not especially difficult if you start with a fairly similar native language. The Slavic stuff works best like Norwegian and German.  Fresh jalapeños have a sort of “dirt” flavor overtone I’m not super fond of.  I much prefer chipotles which are smoked jalapeños.  Somehow it removes it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

It is easy, or at least not especially difficult if you start with a fairly similar native language. The Slavic stuff works best like Norwegian and German.  Fresh jalapeños have a sort of “dirt” flavor overtone I’m not super fond of.  I much prefer chipotles which are smoked jalapeños.  Somehow it removes it.

I never noticed any "dirt" taste to fresh japalenos when I ate any. Or for that matter any fresh chili pepper at all.

On 2/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, PlayStation 2 said:

As someone who's had two Ryzen desktop setups, AMD can very much be a pain in the ass. It's kind of the deceptive secret that no one ever lets new PC builders into knowing, but both of my brothers have Intel desktops which are a lot less work than my AMD setups have been.

My girlfriend has a 32GB upgrade because of that...

Her PC runs a 6700k, my previous desktop was running a Ryzen 1600. Ordered a Crucial 32GB kit due to that brand being known for reliability, Ryzen hated it lol. Tossed into her system and it worked without having to touch anything. Desktop now runs a 10700k and I appreciate the just works with Intel.

2 hours ago, whm1974 said:

I never noticed any "dirt" taste to fresh japalenos when I ate any. Or for that matter any fresh chili pepper at all.

I’ve heard others say they don’t taste it either.    I dunno. It’s not exactly that they taste like dirt, it’s that there is a sort of dirt (as in soil) aftertaste I don’t taste in other peppers.  Chipotles  don’t have it at all, which is weird since it’s actually the same pepper.  Salsas don’t have it, cooked jalapeños don’t have it. Just fresh green ones. 

21 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m not sure they’re fundamentally different than the evils of not modern society.   Look up the history of the graham cracker to see how bad people thought things were back then. (Graham was a real dude) 

Graham's life seems like an onion article, in hindsight.

He was a weeeiiiiird dude

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

10 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

Graham's life seems like an onion article, in hindsight.

He was a weeeiiiiird dude

Oh yeah.  Very very odd.  

Linux Desktop Distros will never become as wide spread as Windows and MacOS are. Linux on phones will never become big/ make it to where Android is today. The Hardware shortage will be over then when the Pandemic is over and the Economies are able to return mostly back to normal and not before which IMO will be like in 2024. The notch on the iPhone is way better than those Pinhole Notches. The Swipe Gestures on iOS are really great and I don't miss the 3 "physical" Software Buttons we used to have on Android. Face unlock is better than Fingerprint if you aren't wearing a Mask but useless when you are. Am stocked for Apple's apparent fix that they're working on with integrating the Apple Watch with Face ID so you can unlock the Device even while wearing a Mask. The Toxicity in the Tech Community has become worse since the Pandemic started and it's hurting the reputation of Companies, Media Outlets and everyone involved. Spreading Fake News has always been bad and throwing your wild claims around with no facts to back it up is not helping. Wait till the Product and third party independent reviews are out before making your mind up and buying things. 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

16 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

Linux Desktop Distros will never become as wide spread as Windows and MacOS are

it will.... but only when the desktop PC has become a very niche enthusiast platform that is not profitable enough for Apple and Microsoft to support

16 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

Linux on phones will never become big/ make it to where Android is today

yes. for privacy reasons it's easier using degoogled Android or even graphene OS ( whis is based on Android)

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

21 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

Linux Desktop Distros will never become as wide spread as Windows and MacOS are. Linux on phones will never become big/ make it to where Android is today. The Hardware shortage will be over then when the Pandemic is over and the Economies are able to return mostly back to normal and not before which IMO will be like in 2024. The notch on the iPhone is way better than those Pinhole Notches. The Swipe Gestures on iOS are really great and I don't miss the 3 "physical" Software Buttons we used to have on Android. Face unlock is better than Fingerprint if you aren't wearing a Mask but useless when you are. Am stocked for Apple's apparent fix that they're working on with integrating the Apple Watch with Face ID so you can unlock the Device even while wearing a Mask. The Toxicity in the Tech Community has become worse since the Pandemic started and it's hurting the reputation of Companies, Media Outlets and everyone involved. Spreading Fake News has always been bad and throwing your wild claims around with no facts to back it up is not helping. Wait till the Product and third party independent reviews are out before making your mind up and buying things. 

Umm.. android IS a Linux distro. Sort of.  A really weird out there one,  if you buy a dumb phone it’s almost impossible to find one that doesn’t use embedded Linux.

The vast majority of Chinese take-out food is gross

A few more:

• Owning a car with a manual transmission doesn't give you a personality
  • Neither does owning a wagon
  • Frostbite is a mediocre dev house engine stretched super thin because EA is confused
  • Your sexuality also isn't a personality
  • Full digital gauge clusters are fucking obnoxious on cars that aren't total luxury cars

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

In light of yesterday, I'd rather watch baseball than football. I've been to live games that were fun, but the sport itself just doesn't interest me.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, Den-Fi said:

Beethoven and Bach super overrated.

Well, they are. That doesn't mean they're not good. The overrating started early too. I think it was Wagner who said that after Beethoven, no one should ever attempt to write a symphony again. But he was an opera composer; what did he know? 😛

22 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Metallica is the most overrated metal band, and it's not even close.

Lemme extend it, actually: most metal is fucking garbage.

Most rock is fucking garbage, to add to it.

🔥

nobody goes at the restaurant because of the "food quality", everybody goes there for social reasons, conscious of it or not

41 minutes ago, Lii said:

nobody goes at the restaurant because of the "food quality", everybody goes there for social reasons, conscious of it or not

Last year, me and my boyfriend went to an Ihop just to eat burgers there.

We're not very social people. Even with each other, we aren't super talkative. But we enjoyed the burgers we had there.

If Cardi B's WAP is monetizable content on social media, everything should be.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

16 minutes ago, Benji said:

In large, crowdy cities where the citizens have their "snack culture" because lack of time, maybe. I personally know literally nobody that goes to a restaurant "for social reasons, conscious of it or not". I wouldn't go to a restaurant for social purposes at all, my family and I go there because the restaurants that we visit actually do taste better than what we could cook up within short time and not because of "social reasons". If a restaurant is average at best and you taste that it's pre-cooked dishes from a convenience store, we're not going there as there is literally no inclination to do so. Not even the social factors.

Individual/group experience are not that trustworthy, unfortunately

your homemade food might aswell really taste bad, or you might aswell influenced by the circumstances to thinks so

we should for first define what's "food quality" and "shit food" do mean

for second to try to get an objective answer to it, take different groups of people and dose to them different foods (that they would like to eat) that go under the category of "quality food" and "shit food" in different periods of time and in different places and in different social situations without their knowledge, and prolong the experiment for as long as possible (to obtain more data)

after obtaining the data it should be possible to obtain more objective results

even though, the data might be considered as well flawed, since we don't really have an absolute control of what it's going on

the average quality of a restaurant is disgusting, but that doesn't matter, since the client doesn't know what happens in the background, 

For what I've observed, I'm inclined to think that the whole restaurant "mania" is caused by social reasons, rather than the objective "quality of the food" that's coming out of them

5 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

*insert shocked pikachu meme*

BRB, gotta get some IRL tracking going /s

Over rated doesn’t mean bad.  They’ve been around for a long time and have their own label.  How could they possibly not be overrated?  Personally my favorite metal band is the HU.  Mongolian throat singing turns out to be the best way to sing metal.  I was very surprised.  There are some arctic Native American groups that have a tradition of throat singing and they’re one of the most oppressed ethnic groups in America.  Youth suicide rates have been seen of 15% which is astoundingly high.  Might do some really interesting music,