Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

I have another hot spicy take.

Screw the #freemelee community.

Nintendo was heavy handed, yes.  They could have better worked with Big House, yes.  But they still gave options.  They asked Big House to basically only confirm the copies of melee were valid.  Big House refused to.  So Nintendo said, "okay, then no melee tournament, you can do ultimate though." Big House told them no we're doing melee anyways.  No wonder they got hit with the cease and desist.

But what made me really just... not like the community.

So Nintendo made a post about Nintendo Minute, they were doing some charity stream or video.  Something about donating to kids in hospitals, okay.

The  #freemelee community decides to brigade the post, and derail it about their stupid hashtag.  Then when some people understandably call them on their shit, because, you know, a post about dying kids isn't the place to talk about your old ass video game.  They have the gall to go, "we're the real heroes, we're trying to save our community."
Nintendo isn't a hero for donating to charity, no one brought it up, but god damn read the room.  I have screenshots from one of the most egregious examples.  

Then, the next big thing.  Before Nintendo canceled the livestream of the Splatoon NA Open finals, they had made a twitter post announcing it was coming up.  #freemelee once again comes derailing it and brigading the post. "Why would you live stream this stupid kiddy game and not our real fighter game smash melee" and stuff like that.  It wasn't until Nintendo canceled the livestream that suddenly free melee wants to be all like, "we..we're in s..solidarity with the splatoon community guys, please we swear!"  Nah you fake jerks, you weren't.  You just used it after doing nothing but ragging on it.

After that, just screw the free melee community, they're fake, they're assholes, and they think they're more important than anyone or anything.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, imreloadin said:

Maybe if you're one of the weird mutants that is able to drink it past childhood...

I drink about 2-3 liters milk (3% fat) every week? 

don't say banana

18 hours ago, vladdeSV said:

I drink about 2-3 liters milk (3% fat) every week? 

What do you want a damn medal for it or something?

41 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

What do you want a damn medal for it or something?

When I was a kid I drank a lot of milk.  Then I got appendicitis and it was very unusual. The think was hard and had turned into bone.  Completely filled with calcium deposits. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Subarus are fucking boring. Someone had to say it, but I'm gonna offer why they bore the shit out of me.

Subarus are designed to be normal. They're made for people who just want a decent car. They don't tend to really rock the boat in any way, which means that they turn out to be very uninteresting. The most interesting part about most of their cars are the fact that they've all got boxer-4 engines. Some have turbos, others don't, but they've got a quirky layout and that's really it to 'em. 

Nothing about a Subaru attracts me to them for those reasons. They're not bad per se, they're just... they don't do anything for me. I'm not big into Japanese cars, so it's not a big surprise that Subaru doesn't catch my eye. Ironically, most of these can also be applied as to why Volvo bores me and why Saab doesn't bore me.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

41 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

When I was a kid I drank a lot of milk.  Then I got appendicitis and it was very unusual. The think was hard and had turned into bone.  Completely filled with calcium deposits. 

I'm 99% sure that had absolutely nothing to do with drinking a lot of milk...

41 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Milk is delicious.

Depends if its made in to Soft serve then Id agree. 😔 I miss soft serve. Due to my lactose intolerance I dont eat Ice cream any more. Because if I do, I make the toilet cry, as well as everyone who has to use the toilet after me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

43 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I'm 99% sure that had absolutely nothing to do with drinking a lot of milk...

I don’t know what caused it.  There might be better info now.  It was the 1970’s they took the thing into a lab and sliced it up because they didn’t know why it happened.  My only available response was to control my calcium intake.  It was one of my two brushes with medical science.  The other was when I had my jaw surgery a particularly florid pattern appeared on my chest because of how I rested on the table during surgery.  It was a well known thing, but mine was a particularly florid example and it got used apparently for training or something.   The doctor took photos while chuckling to himself.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

41 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Depends if its made in to Soft serve then Id agree. 😔 I miss soft serve. Due to my lactose intolerance I dont eat Ice cream any more. Because if I do, I make the toilet cry, as well as everyone who has to use the toilet after me. 

There are drops for that.  The result is somewhat variable.  There are a couple decent alternatives.  Sorbet, and most of the vegan ice creams work.  Rice dream I particularly like.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are drops for that.  The result is somewhat variable.  There are a couple decent alternatives.  Sorbet, and most of the vegan ice creams work.  Rice dream I particularly like.

I take Lacidaid, but its only about 80% effective. Ive tried dairy free ice cream. It takes like regular ice cream. But I miss the soft-serve at the local joint with the Oreos and stuff in it. I also miss the banana shakes from Checkers. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

33 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I take Lacidaid, but its only about 80% effective. Ive tried dairy free ice cream. It takes like regular ice cream. But I miss the soft-serve at the local joint with the Oreos and stuff in it. I also miss the banana shakes from Checkers. 

Soft serve can get ya. There’s a lot of ways soft serve is made though and not all of them involve nonfat dry milk solids, which is the thing that puts me on the floor.  There’s one type that is actually made using cattle blood.  They spin out the red blood cells and use the remaining clear liquid.  

On 2/6/2021 at 10:54 AM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I find all liquor disgusting whether it's plastic bottle Popov or ridiculously expensive Pappy Van Winkle. Also not a fan of thick burgers not cooked all the way through. Love a nice ribeye rare or medium rare but for burgers to me nothing tops smashing a couple of them thin and cooking with a hard crust on cast iron with cheap ass American cheese melted on each patty.

completely agree with burgers, it always seems the thicker they are they harder they are to chew too, because people can't cook a damn burger right.

I've yet to drink any alcohol more than a small amount of malibu so I can't speak for that, but I'm thinking about trying some decent whiskey or bourbon  at some point.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Subarus are fucking boring. Someone had to say it, but I'm gonna offer why they bore the shit out of me.

Subarus are designed to be normal. They're made for people who just want a decent car. They don't tend to really rock the boat in any way, which means that they turn out to be very uninteresting. The most interesting part about most of their cars are the fact that they've all got boxer-4 engines. Some have turbos, others don't, but they've got a quirky layout and that's really it to 'em. 

Nothing about a Subaru attracts me to them for those reasons. They're not bad per se, they're just... they don't do anything for me. I'm not big into Japanese cars, so it's not a big surprise that Subaru doesn't catch my eye. Ironically, most of these can also be applied as to why Volvo bores me and why Saab doesn't bore me.

what about the BRZ or WRX, I thought those were pretty decent cars. BRZ lacks power, but that's also part of the fun of the car, it's not meant to be to fast, just fun in corners. And sure the BRZ was also made by three other car makers at some point, but it's still a cool car.

AMD blackout rig

3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

what about the BRZ or WRX, I thought those were pretty decent cars. BRZ lacks power, but that's also part of the fun of the car, it's not meant to be to fast, just fun in corners. And sure the BRZ was also made by three other car makers at some point, but it's still a cool car.

Meh, they're the default fun cars for people who think that having a good credit score is a personality. They don't do anything for me.

Just now, PlayStation 2 said:

Meh, they're the default fun cars for people who think that having a good credit score is a personality. They don't do anything for me.

that hurt, just a litte. 

AMD blackout rig

38 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Ah. Someone likes Italian I think.  

4 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

American and German V8s get me off.

Then I’m not understanding what you dislike about the wrx.  Especially the early ones.  Basic Sedans with waaaay too much horsepower.  More or less a GTO or a cuda or  a bmw 2002.

42 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Then I’m not understanding what you dislike about the wrx.  Especially the early ones.  Basic Sedans with waaaay too much horsepower.  More or less a GTO or a cuda or  a bmw 2002.

There's very little overlap in a WRX and my overall 90s and 2000s car taste outside of the WRX and the E55 AMG being offered in rare wagon bodystyles.

Just now, ThatOneDunce said:

You sir, should go see an optometrist 😛

Different people have different visual acuity, and it degrades with age.  They did tests on pro baseball players some years ago.  Visual acuity is definitely a thing.  The best batters had really good and fast visual acuity.  They could actually see the ball better.   Just as there is amazingly good visual acquittal they can also be amazingly bad visual acuity. The break point was at one point tested as an average of 90fps.  Which would mean some are lower and some are higher.   Squid apparently have insane visual acuity.  So good they done even recognize a 60fps moving image as being anything other than a stop motion.  Apparently if you get it high enough though it works.  It’s much higher than human range though.

2 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

another analogy,
Subaru's are like women.
I'm not attracted to them.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

another analogy,
Subaru's are like women.

That's... a bit less elegant, but it works contextually. 

JDM shitboxes just don't get a rise out of me like how they do with most Reddit car guys. As I've grown slightly older, I've learned to love the weird, rare and rational, rather than insisting my 6'1" 240lb fatass could fit in a Miata, much less any Kei car.

12 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

another analogy,
Subaru's are like women.

There’s an amusing point there.  Subaru as it happens was one of the first car companies to advertise directly to LGBT folk.  Apparently what happened is they hired a guy who specialized in that (primarily for liquor sales) and the Subaru brass were Japanese and their translation of “gay” was “happy”. A lot of the stuff was incredibly subtle.  The lettering of a license plate, etc..   It worked unbelievably well. So well it’s now a standard marketing system. 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:20 PM, Rybo said:

Ah, but you're discounting the unseen benefits of people not going completely nuts and hulking out on random people, all thanks to the stress relieving benefits of smoking/drinking.  

To someone who doesn't smoke at all and doesn't drink much, there is no stress relief in it. Smoking only relieves stress if you're already addicted and get stressed out by not having a smoke for a while. Same with alcohol imo.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.