Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
19 minutes ago, PlayerLorenzo said:

It means the normal white milk without flavors or sweeteners.

ah OK

wait what the hell... sweeteners in milk??? it's already sweet enough!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

PlayStation controllers up until the PS4's controller sucks if you have hands that aren't tiny. 

Somehow, I was getting cramps playing fucking Burnout 3 on the PS2. 

I'll take the larger and more comfortable Xbox controllers, thank you very much.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

12 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

Butter belongs on Poptarts

Firstly wtf? Who puts butter on Poptarts? That's the most American thing I've seen today.

12 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

Thomas Brady is now the undisputed GOAT of all sports

I would accept Tom Brady as the GOAT of NFL, not of ALL sports. Michael Phelps for example is more impressive. Phelps got 8 gold medals in ONE Olympics. ONE. 28 medals in 4 Olympic games. That's on a whole different level. Don't get me wrong, competing in 10 superbowls is still a great feat.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

coconut butter on that popcorn, with a drizzle of salt is my angel for a movie and soda. Sweet n salty

Just now, Quackers101 said:

coconut butter on that popcorn, with a drizzle of salt is my angel for a movie and soda. Sweet n salty

Interesting. I've always found combining the flavour of coconut with popcorn is far too overpowering. I prefer toffee flavoured popcorn

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

Interesting. I've always found combining the flavour of coconut with popcorn is far too overpowering. I prefer toffee flavoured popcorn

It's what some uses I think in theaters on their popcorn, don't know the mixture but some of the fat is just like anything else.

Not going for the coconut flavour though.

2 hours ago, tishous said:

Firstly wtf? Who puts butter on Poptarts? That's the most American thing I've seen today.

I would accept Tom Brady as the GOAT of NFL, not of ALL sports. Michael Phelps for example is more impressive. Phelps got 8 gold medals in ONE Olympics. ONE. 28 medals in 4 Olympic games. That's on a whole different level. Don't get me wrong, competing in 10 superbowls is still a great feat.

Butter on Pop tarts is a god tier play and you should thank me later once you try it. Now don't be a psychopath and dump the whole tub on the pop tart, just spread it on there like you would toast after it comes out the toaster.

And Tom Brady is the undisputed goat. What Michael Phelps has done is great, but what Brady has done is better. And I'm not even a Brady fan. Just respect his passion for the game.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

2 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

Butter on Pop tarts is a god tier play and you should thank me later once you try it. Now don't be a psychopath and dump the whole tub on the pop tart, just spread it on there like you would toast after it comes out the toaster.

And Tom Brady is the undisputed goat. What Michael Phelps has done is great, but what Brady has done is better. And I'm not even a Brady fan. Just respect his passion for the game.

I like my toast pretty buttery. Might give it a try next time I get Poptarts.

I can't agree. Phelps dominated world swimming for basically his whole career, whereas Brady has had some competition and it's only on a national scale. If the superbowl was a worldwide event, with established good teams from elsewhere as well, I might have agreed.

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

6 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

I'd like to give a little bit of context to non-Americans who don't pay attention to football.

Tom Brady is in his 40s. Most football players are retired by their early 30s here. Motherfucker has been to 10 Super Bowls, won a majority of them and is still kicking. If that ain't GOAT-material, I dunno what is.

3 hours ago, tishous said:

I like my toast pretty buttery. Might give it a try next time I get Poptarts.

I can't agree. Phelps dominated world swimming for basically his whole career, whereas Brady has had some competition and it's only on a national scale. If the superbowl was a worldwide event, with established good teams from elsewhere as well, I might have agreed.

Butter is fat.  Pop tarts are carbs and sugar so it makes some sense.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

I'd like to give a little bit of context to non-Americans who don't pay attention to football.

Tom Brady is in his 40s. Most football players are retired by their early 30s here. Motherfucker has been to 10 Super Bowls, won a majority of them and is still kicking. If that ain't GOAT-material, I dunno what is.

I don't disagree he is the GOAT in American Football, just not the GOAT in all sports. 

By that logic, Mayweather is 50-0 and his last fight was when he was 43, against someone a decade younger than him, so is he the GOAT of all sports?

Are we allowed to say a tech-related opinion in here? It's in off topic so i'm not sure. If so, I wish more pc cases these days had internal dvd drive slot(s) and y'all underestimate them so much. I get why but i still like the convenience of having it built in. I'm not sure if that's 'unpopular' but i wanna get it out of me

I had another one that wasn't tech related but i forgot it haha 😅

many underestimate the importance of P E R S P E C T I V E S... when it comes to addressing other people's issues, especially if it's something personal.

Or maybe most would agree with me idek

Pineapple pizza = best pizza flavor. That's all I have to say.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

12 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

People get to like what they like.

this dovetails into an unpopular opinion of mine: anchovies on pizza often get a bad rap.

Imho the thing pineapple Pisa lacks is umami and salt, which is why Canadian bacon is often part of that package.  Anchovies are the most powerful Salt/umami topping but are often way overdone.  The trick to a good anchovy topping is to add about a third as much or less than other topping and DO NOT USE WHOLE ANCHOVIES.  It’s simply too much at once.  Finely shred the anchovies and distribute very thinly or even just use the anchovy juice.   I sort of wonder if a good anchovy topping could be created by doing something a bit like Swedish potato sausage using mostly a starch like potatoes  or bread, but with a bit of anchovy in there to add umami to the thing.  Use it like pepperoni.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Imho the thing pineapple Pisa lacks is umami and salt, which is why Canadian bacon is often part of that package.

Oh yeah pineapple pizza has to have ham on it. That's part of the package.

I've never had anchovies on pizza myself so I can't have an opinion on it.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

12 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Man, I dunno about all that. Meat lovers tend to be the best.

insert very obvious gay joke here

4K (and in extension 8K) TVs are a waste and marketing ploy (similar to 3d a couple of years back) in a normal living room viewing distance. I'll go even further and say that most people can't even tell if a movie/program is 720 p or 1080p in a normal living room set up.  

1 minute ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Man, I dunno about all that. Meat lovers tend to be the best.

Yeah meat lovers is definitely one of my favorites as well. I just love a good Hawaiian pizza when I get the chance to get one. I'm the only one in my family who likes it so it's normally a rare occasion.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

People get to like what they like.

this dovetails into an unpopular opinion of mine: anchovies on pizza often get a bad rap.

Imho the thing pineapple Pisa lacks is umami and salt, which is why Canadian bacon is often part of that package.  Anchovies are the most powerful Salt/umami topping but are often way overdone.  The trick to a good anchovy topping is to add about a third as much or less than other topping and DO NOT USE WHOLE ANCHOVIES.  It’s simply too much at once.  Finely shred the anchovies and distribute very thinly or even just use the anchovy juice.   I sort of wonder if a good anchovy topping could be created by doing something a bit like Swedish potato sausage using mostly a starch like potatoes  or bread, but with a bit of anchovy in there to add umami to the thing.  Use it like pepperoni.

Adding to this, Tomato Sauce does not belong on Pizza. I tried the Garlic Parmesan Sauce last year on Domino's Pizza. Enjoyed it and now refuse to get anything else.

And Anchovies are a good and proper topping for Pizza.

28 minutes ago, Spindel said:

4K (and in extension 8K) TVs are a waste and marketing ploy (similar to 3d a couple of years back) in a normal living room viewing distance. I'll go even further and say that most people can't even tell if a movie/program is 720 p or 1080p in a normal living room set up.  

I’ll back this with the revocation of “most people”  I see it that way myself but I’m an old fart who never had very good vision to begin with.  I do find a difference between 720p and 1080p in games, but not in movies. That kind of thing is really dependent on how a piece of art is made.  Old school US tv was 240i and they got away with it. (There was a three letter acronym for the format but I’m forgetting it) Probably the absolute lower limit. 

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I’ll back this with the revocation of “most people”  I see it that way myself but I’m an old fart who never had very good vision to begin with.  I do find a difference between 720p and 1080p in games, but not in movies. That kind of thing is really dependent on how a piece of art is made.  Old school US tv was 240i and they got away with it. (There was a three letter acronym for the format but I’m forgetting it) Probably the absolute lower limit. 

VHF?

36 minutes ago, Spindel said:

I'll go even further and say that most people can't even tell if a movie/program is 720 p or 1080p in a normal living room set up.  

Not sure if it's unpopular, got a 4k TV, my wife can't tell when a movie is 1080p or 4k

But I disagree with the marketing ploy, I personally can see the difference, even at normal viewing distance.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

16 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Adding to this, Tomato Sauce does not belong on Pizza. I tried the Garlic Parmesan Sauce last year on Domino's Pizza. Enjoyed it and now refuse to get anything else.

And Anchovies are a good and proper topping for Pizza.

Tomato sauce has some umami and a bunch of spices.  “White sauce” is mostly fat. I can like a good white sauce pizza, but they generally need to be paired with powerful flavorings to work for me.

unpopular but i felt it... 144hz is inferior to 240hz by quite a lot in fast paced games :I

that, or im getting old

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately