Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
7 hours ago, dogwitch said:

people need to do research before they comment about something.

i seen people  do zero research and go on dumb rants

I do agree with this. The more research, the more knowledge you will have. Some people just comment for the sake they have something to comment.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:46 AM, justdavidalone said:

I do agree with this. The more research, the more knowledge you will have. Some people just comment for the sake they have something to comment.

i kid you not. i had someone claim (in USA) black listing is legal.

i provide legal doc on the matter that it is illegal.

they went on a rant its not.

i simply said back. i link legal doc on the matter and(person)

you went nothing but on a rant with the matter. was my reply back.

they edit their comment saying am wrong....again.

like they dont seem to understand law or the meaning of the word black listing....

i stand corrected. another person chime in. black mail is legal...

ok at that lvl of mental steps. am auto-blocking those insane people.

i simply cannot warp my head around their mental state at that lvl .

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

• 3 weeks later...

You know after that really bad derailment in Ohio you would figure the rail roads would be on top of making sure they are preventing that from happening again. Like 2 or so days ago CSX had a train derail in Romulus MI, that's where I live, this is over by Detroit Metro Airport. This is the 3rd derailment in this area this year alone. Both CSX and Norfolk Southern have rail that runs thru these parts.

This current incident is bad going by the pictures. The only saving grace of the whole thing is all the cars were empty at the time. I see them transporting large amounts of dangerous chemicals on these trains. The fact that our house is like quarter of a mile if not less from a NS line makes us concerned. Our mayor has submitted a complaint to what ever authority deals with this shit.

Of course you got the people blaming the President. But the US has NOT nationalized its rails and thus this is the result of piss poor management at some greedy ass corporation. The railroads already have a bad reputation in this community due to the fact they block crossings for hours at a time, one time resulting in the Fire Department not being able to respond to a call.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Cooked pineapple on pizza is unequivocally vile. Straight up, its texture is the equivalent to chewing on a fatty chunk of beef 🤢🤮

“The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you are emotionally detached from it. I have always viewed it from a safe distance, knowing I don't belong; it doesn't include me, and it never has. no matter how you care to define it, I do not identify with the local group. Planet, species, race, nation, state, religion, party, union, club, association, neighborhood improvement committee; I have no interest in any of it. I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.” ― George Carlin

Okay this is going to be a small /rant because i am frankly very annoyed at this (maybe more than i should) and every time the subject comes up i go on for 10min about it and now you're going to be privy to it. Maybe it's my inner old person.

Back when I was a kid shoes would often have a label/tag in the store that indicated that some part of them was made with real honest-to-god leather. Maybe this is specific to my corner of the world I don't know. Obviously there's still some variance but there's at least some expectation that those pairs would last longer than ones without any leather in them. And I'm not just talking business stuff either: you had normal walking shoes or even sneakers that had leather in them.

And nowadays at least where i live those tags are completely gone.

I go into a shoe store and everything is made of plastic. Prices are also insane as well. I mean I could be spending 50$, 100$ or even 200$ on pairs from different brands and from a purely structural standpoint none of them will look particularly more durable than the other. Most of the time they all feel the same, apart from the super cheap ones.

What, am I just supposed to trust the manufacturer that by spending extra $$$ i won't have a detached sole in 6 months? Because from where i'm standing they all seem to be made with the same exact cheap materials and i'm struggling to see the premium as being anything more than brand recognition. Am I like supposed to look for goddamn shoe reviews before I go shopping, is that it? Because from where i'm standing it seems like most of the markers of build quality are now gone, and I hate that.

/rant over

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Netgear is garbage. Ubiquiti is better.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Apple makes great products. 

Overpriced, a bit, sure, but they make GREAT products. A couple years behind on features? Sure, but they almost always do those features better than anyone else. Do they make controversial decisions? Absolutely, does everybody else follow suit? Yes. Headphone jack anyone? Soldered components anyone? Apple was the one who took the brunt of the ire for these decisions, then virtually everyone followed suit. 

That's quite literally what apple does. They take good ideas from android, make them better, and incorporate them into their own phones/computers. The user experience for using an apple product is always miles above a windows or android device. 

Heck, furthermore we see windows 11 even reverting to things apple did DECADES ago with a centered dock with small icons? (Yes of course linux did it first but come on, no one uses linux.)

If all the android fanboys out there were correct in that android phones are just *so much better* than apple, then apple phones would not be doing nearly as well as they are. Hell, half the reason android phones DO so well is because android phones make up the entirety of the "low cost" segment for phone sales, where as apple's like "na, I don't want to sell there." 

And finally... their ecosystem. The fanboys probably don't like to admit it, but apples ecosystem goes far beyond what's on iphone. Final cut and logic pro are both literally top tier (if not the best) software in their respective markets. Time machine is, by far, the best backup solution... anywhere for consumers. Airpods are quite literally ubiquitous, even for people without iphones or macs. "Find my" works extremely well for ALL apple products, and while similar things exist for android, they're not as good. Apple stuff works extremely well together. Handoff between phones and computers is seamless. Stuff just... works. Will you eventually have a problem? Sure, doesn't everybody? But it still just works. 

Like, I just don't get it when people say that "Apple sucks, their products suck, blah blah blah." They clearly don't. 

On 10/9/2023 at 11:09 AM, Donut417 said:

Last I knew Ford was moving the mustang to electric. No offense, it’s not a muscle car if it’s an EV. Plus I think the UAW would disagree about them not being a shit company. 

That was a one time thing. The new mustangs are v8 powered

20 minutes ago, cheese_09 said:

That was a one time thing. The new mustangs are v8 powered

Are they still ugly as sin mini suvs? No suv/crossover will ever be a "muscle car." 

9 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Apple makes great products. 

Overpriced, a bit, sure, but they make GREAT products. A couple years behind on features? Sure, but they almost always do those features better than anyone else. Do they make controversial decisions? Absolutely, does everybody else follow suit? Yes. Headphone jack anyone? Soldered components anyone? Apple was the one who took the brunt of the ire for these decisions, then virtually everyone followed suit. 

That's quite literally what apple does. They take good ideas from android, make them better, and incorporate them into their own phones/computers. The user experience for using an apple product is always miles above a windows or android device. 

Heck, furthermore we see windows 11 even reverting to things apple did DECADES ago with a centered dock with small icons? (Yes of course linux did it first but come on, no one uses linux.)

If all the android fanboys out there were correct in that android phones are just *so much better* than apple, then apple phones would not be doing nearly as well as they are. Hell, half the reason android phones DO so well is because android phones make up the entirety of the "low cost" segment for phone sales, where as apple's like "na, I don't want to sell there." 

And finally... their ecosystem. The fanboys probably don't like to admit it, but apples ecosystem goes far beyond what's on iphone. Final cut and logic pro are both literally top tier (if not the best) software in their respective markets. Time machine is, by far, the best backup solution... anywhere for consumers. Airpods are quite literally ubiquitous, even for people without iphones or macs. "Find my" works extremely well for ALL apple products, and while similar things exist for android, they're not as good. Apple stuff works extremely well together. Handoff between phones and computers is seamless. Stuff just... works. Will you eventually have a problem? Sure, doesn't everybody? But it still just works. 

Like, I just don't get it when people say that "Apple sucks, their products suck, blah blah blah." They clearly don't. 

I am totally an apple fanboy, I just hope my apple machine don't break. They make great products, with unbeatable ecosystem, but it's all out of the table if the product even sneeze a little. If you are out of warranty you are out of luck. That is my only complain (a pretty big one to be honest)

7 minutes ago, bluessorrow said:

I am totally an apple fanboy, I just hope my apple machine don't break. They make great products, with unbeatable ecosystem, but it's all out of the table if the product even sneeze a little. If you are out of warranty you are out of luck. That is my only complain (a pretty big one to be honest)

The only Apple products I use are iPhones and my single iPod Touch, but I buy them all used. I haven't purchased a brand new iPhone for years now. My current iPhone is the XR, which I paid $150 for about a year ago.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

• 2 weeks later...

nacho doritos are better than cool ranch doritos ITS FACTS AND YOU KNOW IT

2 minutes ago, coltswagen said:

nacho doritos are better than cool ranch doritos ITS FACTS AND YOU KNOW IT

Merged with the Unpopular Opinions thread. Though, I agree, so I'm not really sure how unpopular of an opinion it really is. Cheese Supreme > Nacho Cheese though.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Merged with the Unpopular Opinions thread. Though, I agree, so I'm not really sure how unpopular of an opinion it really is. Cheese Supreme > Nacho Cheese though.

absolutely agree

On 11/7/2023 at 4:55 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

The only Apple products I use are iPhones and my single iPod Touch, but I buy them all used. I haven't purchased a brand new iPhone for years now. My current iPhone is the XR, which I paid $150 for about a year ago.

will tape fix my DGSADBIHATGP? (depressed gamer syndrome and depressed because i have a terrible gaming pc)

Malt flavor is delicious. Malta soda is delicious. Tamarind soda is delicious.

17 hours ago, Bitter said:

Malt flavor is delicious. Malta soda is delicious. Tamarind soda is delicious.

malt... dose malt taste like  the Maltesers candy or no? and tamarind soda is delicous but malt soda...?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, corrado33 said:

Are they still ugly as sin mini suvs? No suv/crossover will ever be a "muscle car." 

Sorry for late response, but no. The new mustangs are 100% back to being muscle cars

On 12/19/2023 at 5:32 PM, htimsenyawed said:

The only Dorito woth a damn is the original nacho flavor and that's when it's used as a base for taco salad. Doritos on their own though? Nasty. No matter the flavor.

Cool Ranch is actually my favorite flavor.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

• 2 weeks later...

Romancing in video games is cringe. 

Double cringe for sex. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

In CVs recruiters usually recommend to put metrics and percentage. Personally I think that it is stupid. I can list two real life scenarios why:

- create a software project. Deliberately make it sluggish. Then “fix” it before each performance review. Get nice bonuses for “improvements”. 

- deliberately design a mechanical part heavier than it can be. Shave weight bit by bit every year. Become a manager. 

Same rant goes for performance reviews. 

So imagine writing in your CV

- responsible for project X (that you started), redesigned Y (that you deliberately made a bottleneck) making response Z% faster (although it should be like that from the start)

On 10/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, Bitter said:

What makes anything a "muscle car"? Technically my Celica can be called a fast back and has been called a sports car, I'd call it neither things ever.

Heavy, wide, and square body.  Too much weight that it lowers your traction coefficient in turns.  Collisions have a higher chance of killing you than denting your car.

I never got the appeal of muscle cars.  Inefficient and slow.  My corolla out performs all the classics.

On 1/1/2024 at 3:32 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

Romancing in video games is cringe. 

Double cringe for sex. 

Agreed.  Sex scenes is movies is pointless and just takes away from the movie.

A nice expensive steak with ketchup. sorry, we penny pinched during the 2008 recession...