Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Malort isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I encourage everyone to try it once.

On 7/30/2023 at 10:59 PM, atomicvocabulary said:

PCs are better than phones....okay this might not be unpopular. How about.....

Phones are actually bad, I'm sick of using them.

Analog watches are better than smart watches.

PCs vs phones - it depends on the task. While I usually prefer to something on my PC, my phone is usually the more convenient route, and it's still pretty damn fast. 

I haven't used a watch for the better part of around 15 years lol. Smart watches are an unnecessary expense to me, and just another device for me to charge. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Apple is better than Samsung

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

On 8/6/2023 at 1:17 PM, Bitter said:

Malort isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I encourage everyone to try it once.

I think you mean Merlot.

Yes, I love the wine. Dry, yet fruity, 

full tannin, yet not dust, or dirt flavor.

Really the king of drinkable wines.  

7 hours ago, mdk777 said:

I think you mean Merlot.

Yes, I love the wine. Dry, yet fruity, 

full tannin, yet not dust, or dirt flavor.

Really the king of drinkable wines.  

IMG_20230805_105625.jpg

10 hours ago, Bitter said:

Apple butter is amazing

Yum Apple Butter! 🧈 

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

IMG_20230805_105625.jpg

Snap, 

Learn something new every day.

www.foodandwine.com/travel/history-of-malort-chicago-novelty-liquor

Lived in Northern IN for 25 years and never heard of it. Guess I wasn't going to the downtown Chicago bars.

But it still sounds horrible. :0

2 hours ago, mdk777 said:

Snap, 

Learn something new every day.

www.foodandwine.com/travel/history-of-malort-chicago-novelty-liquor

Lived in Northern IN for 25 years and never heard of it. Guess I wasn't going to the downtown Chicago bars.

But it still sounds horrible. :0

It's really not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, way over hyped just for views on the Internet. You should absolutely try a shot if you're in Chicago sometime.

I just finished watching Apocalypse Now (Redux)

Marlon Brando is highly overrated.

He slurs his words, he stumbles about and while the others in the film are giving their all, he's just...there.

And yet...it all works brilliantly, in spite of Brando, not because of it. It's a good thing he was in the film only a few minutes

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

-= Cleaned =-

Do I really need to explain why we have certain rules anymore?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I find open source software in general much more reliable than proprietary options to the point that windows 10 and 11 both feel increibly unpolished in comparison to a stock Gnome Desktop running on Fedora 39

Youtube autoplay if so useless that it should be removed all together. 

It’s color not colour.

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

44 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

It’s color not colour.

It's however you want to spell it, written language is all made up and in 100 years it'll be spelled Colr or something anyway so have fun and annoy people with inconsistent spelling. It's such a grey area.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

It's however you want to spell it, written language is all made up and in 100 years it'll be spelled Colr or something anyway so have fun and annoy people with inconsistent spelling. It's such a grey area.

Gray*

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

41 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

Gray*

It doesn't matter how we spell gray, any colour is fine.

51 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

Gray*

It's both. There's a UK and an American spelling. Both are in the dictionaries, both are correct. I'm American, but growing up playing a British online game I spell them colour, grey and armour. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

32 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

It's both. There's a UK and an American spelling. Both are in the dictionaries, both are correct. I'm American, but growing up playing a British online game I spell them colour, grey and armour. 

Mmmm Grey Armour Hotdogs.

12 hours ago, Bitter said:

12 hours ago, Bitter said:

It doesn't matter how we spell gray, any colour is fine.

12 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

In my opinion, it’s color, gray, and armor. Even my autocorrect says in is wrong

Edited by EllieCat
Incorrect spelling

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

12 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

In my opinion, it’s color, gray, and amor. Even my autocorrect says in is wrong

Amor is Spanish for love.

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

See, hotdogs is a bit of a rough joke right now. Work is trying to save money. They no longer preheat hotdogs for lunch. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I have my own potentially unpopular opinion: Soft top convertibles are ugly with the top up. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

11 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I have my own potentially unpopular opinion: Convertibles are ugly.

Fixed it for you.

17 hours ago, EllieCat said:

It’s color not colour.

Found the American 😆

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.