corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

First case of corona virus confirmed in my state.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Iran bans the exporting of soaps, bleaches, and disinfectants to try to reduce shortages.

Also in Iran, handwashing has been blamed as the cause of unusually high water consumption in Tehran. Because of high use some areas have had reduced water pressure, with some towns and villages even being temporarily cut of from water.

An Iranian Member of Parliament, Mohammad Ali Ramazani, has died due to the coronavirus.

Azerbaijan shuts down its border with Iran.

Portugal's General Directorate of Health, Graça Freitas, in the worst case scenario, Portugal may have one million infections (in a population of roughly more than ten million) over several months of outbreak, 12 to 14 weeks of intense contagion and around 20% severe cases of the total infected population. In this scenario the mortality rate may be around 2.3% to 2.4%. In the most probable scenario is it estimated that Portugal will have around twenty one thousand cases in the most severe week of the outbreak.

https://observador.pt/2020/02/28/coronavirus-graca-freitas-diz-que-no-pior-cenario-possivel-portugal-podera-ter-um-milhao-de-infetados/

Oh. My God.

image.thumb.png.b71a920a5b436cc2b51f1b63d7493613.png

2 minutes ago, Canoe said:

Oh. My God.

image.thumb.png.b71a920a5b436cc2b51f1b63d7493613.png

Hoo-Mans!!!  Lost cause!  ?‍♀️

• Minutes before President Trump was preparing Wednesday to reassure a skittish nation about the coronavirus threat, he received a piece of crucial information: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had identified in California the first U.S. case of the illness not tied to foreign travel...
    • But when Trump took to the lectern for a news conference intended to bring transparency to the spiraling global crisis, he made no explicit mention of the California case and its implications — and falsely suggested the virus might soon be eradicated in the United States.
    • “And again, when you have 15 people — and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero — that’s a pretty good job we’ve done,” he said.
  • “It’s complete chaos,” a senior administration official said. “Everyone is just trying to get a handle on what the [expletive] is going on.”
  • “One, I’m very disappointed in the preparation that’s been done over the last few years anticipating the potential of an outbreak of substance,” Romney said in an interview later. “One, I’m very disappointed in the preparation that’s been done over the last few years anticipating the potential of an outbreak of substance,” Romney said in an interview later.“We’ve had SARS, we’ve had MERS, Ebola,” Romney continued, rattling off previous global outbreaks. “We should have stockpiled the kind of protective gear that our medical professionals will need and our citizens will need, and we haven’t. And looking forward, the [spending] number that’s being suggested strikes me as being inadequate to the level of risk.”
  • the Trump administration has been hampered by dismantling the pandemic preparedness unit in the White House in 2018 and by cuts to public health programs over the past several years.
  • It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear,” Trump said. “And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.”
  • “And this is their new hoax,” the president crowed from the stage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-trumps-frantic-attempts-to-minimize-the-coronavirus-crisis/2020/02/29/7ebc882a-5b25-11ea-9b35-def5a027d470_story.html

- Political content removed -

Edited by LogicalDrm

5 minutes ago, Canoe said:

Ah, yeah, I can confirm that this is actually going on around the Los Angeles area. Costco has been hit pretty hard with bottled water and rice stocks cleaned right out, and Asian supermarkets are dwindling on name-brand rice. Canned food was still in stock as of yesterday, but I'm not sure how long that'll last for. I've seen a lot of people buying 10 years' worth of TP, not sure if they have a huge family or whatever with that.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

looks like people falling down and being collected in Iran, as we saw in Wuhan

3 hours ago, Canoe said:

There is no evidence it has jumped back to animals. There's one allegation. And it's being investigated. Early on they wanted to address potential zoonotic sources in order to access the likelihood of additional outbreaks of the same or similar coronavirus. They'd already determined that in some animals, SARS-CoV-2 can breakdown the ACE2 receptor, a first step required to infect the cell, but it's unknown if it can infect the cell. Then it would have to be able to sustain such an infection in the animal, and be capable of transferring back to humans, then it would be a potential source of infecting humans.

There's no mystery about how it's getting around. Infected people travel and then infect others. The difficulty is a high percentage of those infected have very mild symptoms. That it is believed there may be a unknown number of infected who get extremely mild symptoms. Then there's the incubation period, where people are asymptomatic, they have no symptoms. They travel. Early in the incubation, studies have shown they start shedding viruses, and at some point, enough that they can infect, as per the know and published Transmission paths.

The asymptomatic infected that was concerning is now believed to be:

• those who are incubating as most eventually present with the disease symptoms,
  • those infected who have lessened symptoms and a series of negative tests before levels rise enough that they get a positive test again (those were initially feared to be re-infected), and
  • a few very rare who are truly asymptomatic infected; but I don't know how they discern that from those with extremely mild symptoms.

P.S.

The knowledge is still very young and very dynamic. There is a lot that is not yet nailed down.

I mentioned it because I did see a report it had happened but that was a couple of days ago.
I'll agree that there is still much we don't know yet, time will tell and I do hope time doesn't run out for anyone else over this.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Over here in Hong Kong we have one person infected without a travel history to mainland China, but was in Japan not long ago.

Also hygiene and food supplies have began to normalize again.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

45 minutes ago, Canoe said:

looks like people falling down and being collected in Iran, as we saw in Wuhan

Could easily be staged. Definitely a propaganda opportunity against Iran and China right now. Haven't seen much tangible evidence of actual statistical malversations. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

South Korea up to 3,736 confirmed

image.thumb.png.429cf4c1ad07d8a3dcbeee8c76fa0b29.png

On 3/1/2020 at 9:32 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

Could easily be staged. Definitely a propaganda opportunity against Iran and China right now. Haven't seen much tangible evidence of actual statistical malversations. 

You think all that you saw in that was staged?

The tweet text is obvious, but what do you get if you ignore that and look at what was seen.

I've been trying to follow daily updates on South Korean cases of coronavirus but I have no idea what news source/s publish figures regularly. The major sources of daily updates like CNN keep switching what country they focus on, and I don't really get Korean sources when searching on American Google. What's the best way to find stats on a specific country?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 3/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, Fasauceome said:

I've been trying to follow daily updates on South Korean ...

What's the best way to find stats on a specific country?

That country

South Korea KCDC

https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a20501000000&bid=0015

else CSSE

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

But you never know what lags

Italy says 1049

http://www.salute.gov.it/nuovocoronavirus

http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/home

CSSE says 1128

Japan says 230, with 22 of those asymptomic

https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/newpage_09860.html

CSSE says 241

South Korea

says 3736

CSSE says 3526

Today's contributors, so far...

Iran 385 978   New Armenia 1 1
  South Korea 210 3736     Azerbaijan 2 3
  Germany 38 117     Belgium 1 2
  Spain 31 76     Brazil 1 2
  Switzerland 14 22   New Czech Republic 3 3
  UK 12 35     Denmark 2 3
  Lebanon 6 10   New Dominican Republic 1 1
  Malaysia 4 29   New Ecuador 1 1
  Netherlands 4 10     Georgia 2 3
New Czech Republic 3 3     Germany 38 117
  Azerbaijan 2 3     Hong Kong 1 95
  Denmark 2 3     Iran 385 978
  Georgia 2 3   New Ireland 1 1
  US 2 28     Lebanon 6 10
New Armenia 1 1     Malaysia 4 29
  Belgium 1 2     Netherlands 4 10
  Brazil 1 2     South Korea 210 3736
New Dominican Republic 1 1     Spain 31 76
New Ecuador 1 1     Switzerland 14 22
  Hong Kong 1 95     Taiwan 1 40
New Ireland 1 1     UK 12 35
  Taiwan 1 40     US 2 28
  22 723       22 723  

• The city government of the capital Seoul has asked prosecutors to charge Lee Man-hee, the founder of the Shincheonji Church, and 11 others. They are accused of hiding the names of some members as officials tried to track patients before the virus spread.
  • (South Korea) has reported 3,730 cases and 21 deaths so far. More than half of all infections involve members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a fringe Christian group.
  • Authorities say Shincheonji members infected one another in the southern city of Daegu last month, before fanning out around the country.
  • All 230,000 members of the church have been interviewed. Nearly 9,000 said they were showing symptoms of coronavirus.
  • A 61-year-old female member of the sect who tested positive for the virus was among the first to be infected.
  • She initially refused to be taken to a hospital to be tested and is known to have attended several church gatherings before testing positive.
  • The group is considered a cult by many. Mr Lee's followers believe he will take 144,000 people to heaven with him.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51695649

South Korea's last report from KCDC shows 98,921 tests completed or underway:

• 3,736 are Confirmed
  • 61,825 are negative
  • 33,360 are waiting results

As of 29 February at 9am, a total of 10,483 people have been tested in the UK, of which 10,460 were confirmed negative and 23 positive.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

The U.S. CDC reports it has done 472 tests.

image.png.18015d2b1f11f304f0018dcd6899232f.png

(This page will be updated regularly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

F.D.A. Expands Coronavirus Testing in the United States

The agency announced that it would allow hundreds of labs to test for the virus, circumventing the C.D.C.’s centralized testing system and making it likely that cases will be detected faster.

• The Food and Drug Administration announced Saturday that testing for the coronavirus would be greatly expanded in the United States, giving laboratories and hospitals around the country the go-ahead to conduct tests that had until now been severely limited to those analyzed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
  • “If we had the ability to test earlier, I’m sure we would have identified patients earlier,” said Dr. Jeff Duchin, the health officer for public health in Seattle and King County, where the first death was reported on Saturday.
  • Both C.D.C. and the F.D.A. did have the option of adopting the test approved by the World Health Organization, and public health experts said it was unclear why the agencies decided not to do so. Instead, the C.D.C. chose to forge ahead with its own test, and promised to distribute replacement kits soon.
  • “In retrospect, it seems like a bad decision,” said one high-ranking C.D.C. official who requested anonymity and was not authorized to talk to the media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/health/fda-coronavirus-testing.html

• A Japanese official said on Sunday that all of the passengers and crew members from the Diamond Princess cruise ship who spent more than two weeks quarantined onboard had been cleared of the coronavirus, but a man who was a passenger on the ship has become the first in Australia to die of the virus.
  • Japan’s health minister, Katsunobu Kato, said in a press briefing on Sunday that 238 crew members would be quarantined for 14 days at a government facility in Saitama Prefecture outside Tokyo.
  • The ministry says that 149 crew members contracted the virus onboard the ship. Hundreds of other crew members have been evacuated to their home countries.
  • The health minister also confirmed that an eighth public official who worked onboard the cruise ship during the quarantine had tested positive on Friday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/01/world/coronavirus-news.html

EDIT: apparently that's not 1577 Confirmed, but Active

total Confirmed = 1577 + 34 + 83 = 1694

Italy reports again

• 1577 Confirmed Active
  • 34 deaths
  • 83 recovered
  • 1694 Confirmed

image.thumb.png.e4052daf95831a056ccfa3be8820b043.png

Global cases external to mainland China

• 7,604 7,721 Confirmed (without Diamond Princess)
  • 8,309 8,426 Confirmed with Diamond Princess

• The best case is that the Chinese conflagration is brought under control, the smaller “flames” we’ve seen flare up in other countries are extinguished, there’s little or no spread to new countries or continents, and the epidemic dies out.
  • The worst case is that the outbreak goes global and the disease eventually becomes endemic, meaning it circulates permanently in the human population.
  • The worst-case scenario is looking increasingly likely.

We’ve now seen cases on six continents, apparently “silent” – that is, at least partly asymptomatic – chains of human-to-human transmission both inside and outside China, with additional countries reporting cases within the last week – bringing the total to 47 – and new, accelerating outbreaks in Iran, Italy and South Korea. If it becomes a pandemic, the questions are, how bad will it get and how long will it last? The case fatality rate – the proportion of cases that are fatal – has been just over 2%, much less than it was for Sars, but 20 times that of seasonal flu.

The US ranks high on the GHS index, but is still unprepared for a severe pandemic, should one happen. Malfunctioning coronavirus tests have frustrated public health labs and delayed outbreak monitoring. Supplies of masks, suits and other protective material for health workers are running low in the midst of a moderately severe flu season. Since the creation of a much-needed public health emergency preparedness fund in the aftermath of 9/11, its budget and the public health functions it supports have been steadily reduced. This is the mentality that left the world vulnerable to the devastating 2014 outbreak of Ebola in west Africa – that is, close the fire department and cancel the fire insurance as nobody’s house or factory has burned down lately.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/01/the-worst-case-scenario-for-coronavirus-dr-jonathan-quick-q-and-a-laura-spinney

Edited by Canoe
corrected Confirmed

53 minutes ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

We may see a big increase in Netherlands soon there been a patient at the hospital for least a week with the virus, the hospital is shut down not taking new patients anymore visits aren't allowed.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/03/dutch-coronavirus-cases-rise-to-10-hospital-closed-pending-contact-research/

It's about time.

Wash your damn hands people...how many times have you seen someone use a public restroom and walk out without washing their hands???? If you see someone doing this, dont be a dick to the rest of the public and say something. If people would practice responsible hygiene and stay the hell home when sick this would help dramatically, not just with this virus but MOST viruses and sicknesses...wash your hands, sneeze into your elbow, dont touch your face and mouth with dirty hands. Please just wash your damn hands. 

3,000 Global Covid-19 Deaths

With increases reported today (but not yet showing on CSSE dashboard), Global Deaths has reached at least 3,000.

This included Italy to 34, Japan to 5, South Korea to 21 and Diamond Princess to 7. China's daily update still to come.

1 minute ago, Canoe said:

Prophey Level: fantasy

Read the rest of the description from the novel.

Covid-19 isn't it.

A jest, a jest, my friend. ?

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

30 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

BB107fVG.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

Book from 1981

Haha diskette

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x