corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Just now, Eschew said:

A jest, a jest, my friend. ?

Yes. But some people reading lack the ability to determine that.

8 minutes ago, Eschew said:

A jest, a jest, my friend. ?

Oh, it's the smoking gun Chinese engineers this epidemic to tank the US stock market, create mass panic, with the ultimate goal to unseat Trump. I know Chinese has planned this long ago. :)

Charts

The charts I've been doing are largely from the CSSE data files, plus the Chinese NHC daily report that comes out after the days data files. They've changed their output. Again.

Going forward, the CCSE data will be more standard, as they're aligning to UTC.

But I'm going to have to figure out a way forward for the daily graphs I've been generating. Mix day, reconcile data, or do it over with UTC aligned data. Until I figure that out, interim or longer term, those charts are dead in the water.

In the meantime, I can continue with the peudo 'leading-edge' for the "top". The latest data I can find from official sources.

Right now, March 1, 2020 evening EST, I have:

Global Confirmed of 89,075

External to mainland China, less Diamond Princess, 8,344 Confirmed

External to mainland China, with Diamond Princess, 9,049 Confirmed

1384506101_Covid-19TOP2020-03-01eveningplusDP.thumb.png.881e0ae81413fb7b0784295d33811909.png

377098142_Covid-19TOP4DP2020-03-01evening.thumb.png.73d5ba16df71e14f9c03e671a1cf7aac.png

Recent Contributors (since late yesterday EST)

South Korea 686 4212     Algeria 2 3
  Italy 566 1694   New Armenia 1 1
  Iran 385 978     Australia 4 29
  Mainland China 206 80026     Austria 5 14
  Germany 51 130     Azerbaijan 2 3
  Spain 39 84     Bahrain 6 47
  France 30 130     Belgium 1 2
  Switzerland 19 27     Brazil 1 2
  Japan 15 256     Canada 4 24
  US 15 41     Croatia 1 7
  UK 13 36   New Czech Republic 3 3
  San Marino 7 8     Denmark 3 4
  Bahrain 6 47   New Dominican Republic 1 1
New Ecuador 6 6   New Ecuador 6 6
  Iraq 6 19     Finland 3 6
  Lebanon 6 10     France 30 130
  Austria 5 14     Georgia 2 3
  Australia 4 29     Germany 51 130
  Canada 4 24     Greece 3 7
  Hong Kong 4 98     Hong Kong 4 98
  Malaysia 4 29     Iceland 2 3
  Netherlands 4 10     Iran 385 978
  Norway 4 19     Iraq 6 19
  Singapore 4 106   New Ireland 1 1
New Czech Republic 3 3     Israel 3 10
  Denmark 3 4     Italy 566 1694
  Finland 3 6     Japan 15 256
  Greece 3 7     Lebanon 6 10
  Israel 3 10     Mainland China 206 80026
  Algeria 2 3     Malaysia 4 29
  Azerbaijan 2 3     Mexico 2 5
  Georgia 2 3     Netherlands 4 10
  Iceland 2 3     Norway 4 19
  Mexico 2 5     Qatar 2 3
  Qatar 2 3     San Marino 7 8
New Armenia 1 1     Singapore 4 106
  Belgium 1 2     South Korea 686 4212
  Brazil 1 2     Spain 39 84
  Croatia 1 7     Switzerland 19 27
New Dominican Republic 1 1     Taiwan 1 40
New Ireland 1 1     UK 13 36
  Taiwan 1 40     US 15 41
  42 2123       42 2123  

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

Take a break @Canoe. Spend at least 5 hours off this topic.

This topic is my break from my other stuff! lol

But I'm not touching the graphs until tomorrow some time.

South Korea:

• 4,212 Confirmed
  • 71,580 tested negative
  • 75,792 completed tests
  • 33,799 tests waiting on results
  • 109,591 total tests

Infected: 5.6%

Diamond Princess, using the "4,061 people tested", 17.4%

636650200_KCDR0302.thumb.png.64766919623303aa3e3ba821e75d7c93.png

5 hours ago, Deli said:

Oh, it's the smoking gun Chinese engineers this epidemic to tank the US stock market, create mass panic, with the ultimate goal to unseat Trump. I know Chinese has planned this long ago. :)

Actually,we Chinese also thought at the beginning that the outbreak is Trump's plan to damage Chinese economy?.But to see from today, it's obviously not.“We are the world”,and every country should come together to fight against the virus.The priority is to protect human's health ,instead of making up fake plots.

31 minutes ago, SteveZhang said:

Actually,we Chinese also thought at the beginning that the outbreak is Trump's plan to damage Chinese economy?.But to see from today, it's obviously not.“We are the world”,and every country should come together to fight against the virus.The priority is to protect human's health ,instead of making up fake plots.

There are tons of conspiracy theories out there.

No country can escape from this calamity. We are all in the same boat. :) This will not be the last pandemic we face. So, I hope everyone learns a good lesson from it. When the next one comes, we are better prepared.

Hear! Hear!

It's the E.T.s from Alpha Centauri who send their primal viruses to first reduce our numbers and later on their will gather, conglomerate and then activate the buggers in our bodies to transform us into mindless drones. That way they'll have lobotomized slaves for free in order to terraform our beautiful blue planet for their masters.

/s

That way I can also participate to the madness od the stoopid theories ^o^ I felt a little bit left out all of a sudden... ?

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

Hear! Hear!

It's the E.T.s from Alpha Centauri who send their primal viruses to first reduce our numbers and later on their will gather, conglomerate and then activate the buggers in our bodies to transform us into mindless drones. That way they'll have lobotomized slaves for free in order to terraform our beautiful blue planet for their masters.

/s

That way I can also participate to the madness od the stoopid theories ^o^ I felt a little bit left out all of a sudden... ?

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.f06e63b3e562c000c30f498d0c0d0bff.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Hear! Hear!

/s

I'll serve my Lord from Alpha Centauri. :)

Went to Costco today to restock on Kirkland gallons of water. Only was able to get a single case of Smart Water someone found in the back for me.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Went to Costco today to restock on Kirkland gallons of water. Only was able to get a single case of Smart Water someone found in the back for me.

Local Safeway has a lot of empty shelves.

5 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Local Safeway has a lot of empty shelves.

Panic buying will probably increase soon since the US has recently acquired 75,000 testing kits. So far, at least here, I only see empty shelves at warehouse places like Costco and Home Depot.

New cases of the coronavirus were identified in at least four states on Sunday: New York, Rhode Island, California and Washington. 

"We now have 75,000 tests available out there in the United States, and over the next week that will expand radically," said Alex Azar, Secretary of Health and Human Services, on ABC's This Week.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/01/810958388/as-testing-quickly-ramps-up-expect-more-u-s-coronavirus-cases

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

20 hours ago, Canoe said:

You think all that you saw in that was staged?

The tweet text is obvious, but what do you get if you ignore that and look at what was seen.

Even if it's not staged it's a single kid acting unusual, which required an ambulance. Not a smoking gun unlike what the Twitter Iranophobes are purporting here. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Deli said:

There are tons of conspiracy theories out there.

No country can escape from this calamity. We are all in the same boat. :) This will not be the last pandemic we face. So, I hope everyone learns a good lesson from it. When the next one comes, we are better prepared.

You're right.

I heard that Isreal  has found the solution for the problem. We will get solution soon

6 minutes ago, Vera said:

I heard that Isreal  has found the solution for the problem. We will get solution soon

That maybe so... We all have some promises and spin-doctors...

If they say that we won't have a vaccine for a year, it's for a very good reason --> delays in testing... small panel human testing and large panel human testing!

So when I read something like this:

Director of the Institute Professor Dan Levanon said the speed with which the treatment could be used would depend on regulatory approval. “Under the current conditions in which the disease is causing terrible losses, I believe that state regulators would be very lenient in the various stages that the treatment must pass before it is approved, of course ensuring that it will do no harm via side effects and the like. Under normal conditions, approval of a treatment like this would likely take several years,” he said.

Source: Israel21c

I find it a little bit "worrysome"... Regulations are there for a very good reason... And what works "well" (?!?!?!!?!) for birds is not always safe for humans.

Humans are not guinea pigs, under normal circumstances...

Man, I hope this nonsense doesn't ruin my Wrestlemania trip. I gotta pack them mask and like 10 bottles of lysol, sheesh. This thing gettin' outta pocket.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

This is from a CN'S and I hope U guys will understand what I have typed. Because of My poor English. As a citizen of ShenZhen China I clearly know that the government of our country hid something but not making lie of the extreme situation what we are facing. At least as a precision machine,the government is very careful about every description it  express. As a citizen, I do not think the numbers are true but it still express the true situation in a little bit more positive way. Have U guys seens the websites in China? It makes a kind of Chinese Style because of the wall! The style is actually many citizens doubt the numbers but they still supports the country and the government. I can give you a website with the humbers of the patients given by the government. http://www.sunchateau.com/zl/2019-nCOV.h Actually this kind of the title & topics are not supported in China and it may be quickly deleted by the Network Company like Tencent which owns the Wechat and QQ. And which are very popular places where you can see the Ideas and innovation from chinese young man, I can recommand you two websites https://www.bilibili.com/ & https://www.zhihu.com/topics. The first one are not quite friendly with foreigner because of the animation style and NON-ENGLISH supported. But the later one talks more about late breaking news and the commends with their own styles and a little bit more comfortable with the translator. That's it a little opinion which watches LINUS'S the most and which is just a senior student from China.

1 hour ago, Saberken said:

This is from a CN'S and I hope U guys will understand what I have typed. Because of My poor English. As a citizen of ShenZhen China I clearly know that the government of our country hid something but not making lie of the extreme situation what we are facing. At least as a precision machine......

Of course I prefer a more transparent approach like what S. Korea does. However every government wants to control the narrative of a major event. It's a fine line of providing sufficient information from overreacting to create mass panic. It's paramount the people have enough trust in their governments to handle the situation. Although the Chinese government doesn't get everything right. The bold step to lockdown many cites doesn't successfully contain the epidemic. However it does buy a few weeks for other countries to prepare. No one should underestimate how important it is.

We are all in this one now. I certainly hope everyone survives this one safe and sound. It will be many months before it is over. And the impact of the following economic and social consequences are still unclear. Will the Chinese government learn its lesson and open up more and allow freer flow of opinion, or take a even more strict stand?

If I am the government I will prefer to make everyone know the truth after the disaster and not making everyone in frustration and fear. Because it needs power from every citizens to cooperate and to solve the problems with this kind of disaster. I still treat it as a natural diasater not a political problem. I was born in 2003 and I know the fact that the lie of SARS but  we learn from history. Which I trust the government will never put the situation in TOTALLY fake and lie again. AT LEAST not make things worse.As a  tradtional Chinese.I really know that most citizen and the users of the internet are not mature enough. Some of them even like to fight AGAINST the one who give a different opinion.(Much better these years)If I have got the right, I will make ideas and commends free in other countries. But not in China. They are not mature enough to deal with it.

#some spelling mistakes has been retyped#

Edited by Saberken

2 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

So when I read something like this:

I find it a little bit "worrysome"... Regulations are there for a very good reason... And what works "well" (?!?!?!!?!) for birds is not always safe for humans.

Mostly likely in China they are already doing so.. Anyway some regulations (like the privacy one) should be allievated, open datas should be nice or in some countries the liberty of travels.. 

However I don't get just a thing, there are rumors that the cov19 might have a low survive rates on hot ambients.. But there aren't still any proof about it.. So I was wondering on why they don't do some lab tests

On 3/2/2020 at 3:46 PM, Xvaster said:

无论如何,应该遵守一些法规(例如隐私法规),公开数据应该很好,或者在某些国家/地区可以自由旅行。 

但是我得到的不是一件事,有传言说cov19在炎热的环境中存活率可能很低。.但是仍然没有任何证据。.所以我想知道为什么他们不这样做一些实验室测试

The fact is proved that about 57c temperature can kill this kind of virus through some papers from Wuhan University. Which can be inferred easily that the high temperature's environment can hold-up the active of the virus.

On 3/2/2020 at 3:46 PM, Xvaster said:

无论如何,应该遵守一些法规(例如隐私法规),公开数据应该很好,或者在某些国家/地区可以自由旅行。 

但是我得到的不是一件事,有传言说cov19在炎热的环境中存活率可能很低。.但是仍然没有任何证据。.所以我想知道为什么他们不这样做一些实验室测试

Of course it cannot kill the virus just rely to the temperature, but it may be a cause of the extinction of this virus of the future

On 3/2/2020 at 4:05 PM, Saberken said:

The fact is proved that about 57c temperature can kill this kind of virus through some papers from Wuhan University. Which can be inferred easily that the high temperature's environment can hold-up the active of the virus.

Keep an eye on the Southern Atmosphere. It is indeed Africa and S. America have less cases so far. Australia has 29 cases. It remains to be seen how the situation evolves. Whether it is the temperature or other factors.

On 3/2/2020 at 4:06 PM, Saberken said:

Of course it cannot kill the virus just rely to the temperature, but it may be a cause of the extinction of this virus of the future

Look back to the Spanish flu in 1918. After the first wave died down in the summer. The virus mutated and became far more deadly in the second and third wave in the autumn. Don't count on the summer to save our ass.