corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

20 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

wow

Works at an elementary school and it appears to be a Community Transmission.

We may be looking back at this later and thinking, here it started.

19 minutes ago, Canoe said:

wow

Works at an elementary school and it appears to be a Community Transmission.

We may be looking back at this later and thinking, here it started.

What worries me Trump isn't happy the market downturn happens under his watch. He downplays the potential seriousness of the disease. The right wing media attack the disease is just hoax and fearmongering from the "fake news" and the left. As the result, some portion of the population isn't taking the threat seriously, not taking proper precaution and preparation.

14 minutes ago, Deli said:

What worries me Trump isn't happy the market downturn happens under his watch. He downplays the potential seriousness of the disease. The right wing media attack the disease is just hoax and fearmongering from the "fake news" and the left. As the result, some portion of the population isn't taking the threat seriously, not taking proper precaution and preparation.

"Bah! Just wash your hands and wait for spring! It will go away!"

Feb 28 graphs INTERIM

I've loaded the data, and made the manual entries, reconciled the data, but I haven't had a chance to double check my work. I'll get to that tomorrow/today sometime.

Hence the yellow background, to indicate they're INTERIM.

124438761_Covid-19graphCases2020-02-28INTERIM.thumb.png.73d49c4fc415441af5d67283379cb012.png

790610591_Covid-19graphSevereDeathsDailyRecovered2020-02-28INTERIM.thumb.png.f8a2fb07b2eb0e4a90eadf00bf72057b.png

I assume it won't surprise anyone that South Korea has reported a few more. Hundred.

3,150 Confirmed

55,723 tested negative

35,182 tests underway

image.thumb.png.c886eeec9a84dd944f663a1a02ae8c04.png

I don't see anything else material.

Azerbaijan is no longer in the dashboard twice.

Oh no, I got family in Washington State by Seattle.

Washington state is now home to two newly confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease, or COVID-19.

The two “presumptive positives” announced by state and county health officials Friday night included a Snohomish County high school student with no recent overseas travel and a King County woman in her 50s who had recently returned to the United States from South Korea.

A presumptive positive means that the test for coronavirus returned positive but is pending confirmation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The case of the Jackson High School student in Mill Creek was of particular concern as one of just four cases contracted within the United States. Health officials are notifying health care workers and patients who might have come into contact with the patient.

"It is concerning that this person did not travel, because it means that they acquired it in the community," said State Health Officer Dr. Kathy Lofy.

The student fell ill on Monday and was seen at two different clinics during the week. The student felt better on Friday morning and went back to school, only to learn of their test result and go straight home before the start of class.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/new-coronavirus-cases-found-in-king-and-snohomish-counties

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Tighten your seatbelt. It's going to be a roller coaster ride.

You know Anderson Cooper is pissed when he shows facial movements.

7 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

You know Anderson Cooper is pissed when he shows facial movements.

Look at S. Korea, Italy and Iran. It can evolve from just tens of cases to hundreds, or even thousand in a week.

Let's pray, it will disappear, like a miracle.

From an American's perspective:

I was talking to my wife the other day about how different generations lived through different life changing events that kind of defined them. For my grandmother, it was the constant civil wars in China in the early 1900s and of course WWII. For my dad, it was Vietnam and the thereat of global thermonuclear war, and for us?

Looking back, our generation has been really lucky. No big event has really ever happened where I genuinely feared for my personal safety or for the general date of the world.

It's commonly cited that 9/11 was one of the defining moments, but in retrospect that type of event was pretty common elsewhere in the world, just new to us. I suppose the big change was how that event affected our daily lives moving forward.

This seems to be Spanish flu 2.0... And perhaps this is the first actual scary thing that my generation will have to face. And it may change the way we live our lives moving forward.

I guess one huge global disaster in 38 years ain't too bad.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Hum...

South Korea: 3 new deaths and 813 new confirmed cases since yesterday...

GB: 1st Community Contamination announced.

A little of this and that here and there, but nothing to the scale of South Korea.

South Korea, last three days: 2022, 2931, 3150, snapshot late in the day by EST

Their latest press release (3731), is still showing 3,150 Confirmed.

https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a20501000000&bid=0015&act=view&list_no=366405&tag=&nPage=1

Global Confirmed 85,695

External less DP 5,734

All External 6,439

Since yesterday, these have added:

South Korea 219 3150
Iran 206 594
Mainland China 33 79256
Germany 31 79
France 16 73
Japan 7 241
Singapore 6 102
Taiwan 5 39
Netherlands 3 4
UK 3 23
Malaysia 2 25
Lebanon 2 4
Canada 1 7
Finland 1 3
Norway 1 7
Qutar 1 1
Sweden 1 12
US 2 66

Just wondering, why don't they show any data of recovered cases?

12 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

Different countries are in different stage of the epidemic. China is the first to get hit and now stabilized. Roughly half the confirmed cases have recovered. The rate of recovery is relatively high. While S. Korea has 3150 cases confirmed with only 27 recoveries.

13 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

• Most regions are reporting Confirmed, Deaths and Recovered.
  • Some, like China, are also reporting Suspected. Their total infected is Confirmed + Suspected.
    • At one point, they had nearly 30,000 suspected, on top of over 38,000 Confirmed.
    • With resources focused on detecting and treating that 38K+, they're not testing 30,000 mild cases where there is no clinical benefit to do so.
    • As of yesterday, the U.S. had managed to do 495 tests.
  • Japan is also reporting Symptomatic.

Up a number of posts, are two yellow graphs. One includes Recovered, and China's Suspected, and the total of Suspected and Confirmed.

• Recovered (green line) is approaching 40K.
  • China's current Symptomatic is just below that.
  • The World Confirmed Unresolved is just above there, ~42K+.
  • The black line at the bottom is the External cases taking off. It's just meeting up with the SARS 2003 line.
  • That also shows at the top in the growing separation between the World Confirmed (light blue) and Mainland China Confirmed (gray).

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/department-health-confirms-first-coronavirus-death-washington-state/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

First US death.

The Washington Department of Health confirmed Saturday the first coronavirus-related death in Washington state, according to a press release.

Health officials said there are new King County cases in addition to the two new cases confirmed Friday evening.

The department is hosting a press conference at 1 p.m. to provide further details.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, Deli said:

1128 cases in Italy. It makes me nervous.

You mean more nervous than the ones you have in the Netherlands already?

You're right next door to me... And I can assure you that the 18+ community cases in France at less than 300km south of my door are in no way reassuring me ?

All I can do is stay clam, explain to my daughter, show her how to be careful and finally wait & see.

What I find more worrying in a way is that after discussing with her yesterday she told me that at school they don't talk about it. Not among her friends and not at school with the teachers.

Among her friends it's like "pfffff they talk about it ALL THE TIME at on TV and radio. My friends find it sooooo boring! So we just don't talk about it!"

And then she learned that 2000 high-school students have been sent to home to  self-quarantine just 70km south of our home just because they've been skiing in Austria or Switzerland during Carnival holidays and then I asked her how many of her friends went skiing during holidays. ?

She became all:

Spoiler

source.gif

?

And when I explained to her that she (and her friends) maybe should talk about it and think how to react just in case, put in place some strategies, plan for it as it could help them act and not just "react wildly" and maybe organize for school work and all...

I think I scared her when I started talking about "remote schooling" and "sending courses and homework to friends" and all that... ?

15 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

You mean more nervous than the ones you have in the Netherlands already?

You're right next door to me... And I can assure you that the 18+ community cases in France at 300km south of my door are in no way reassuring me ?

All I can do is stay clam, explain to my daughter, show her how to be careful and finally wait & see.

What I find more worrying in a way is that after discussing with her she told me that at school they don't talk about it. Not among her friends and not at school.

Among her friends it's like "pfffff they talk about it ALL THE TIME at the TV and the radio. My friends find it sooooo boring! So we just don't talk about it!"

And then she learned that 2000 high-school students have been sent to home to  self-quarantine just 70km south of our home just because they've been skiing in Austria or Switzerland during Carnival holidays and then I asked her how many of her friends went skiing during holidays. ?

She became all:

Reveal hidden contents

source.gif

?

And when I explained to her that she (and her friends) maybe should talk about it and think how to react just in case, put in place some strategies, plan for it as it could help them act and not just "react wildly" and maybe organize for school work and all...

I think I scared her when I started talking about "remore schooling" and "sending courses and homework to friends" and all that... ?

Just have a feeling it's about to explode. The lock down in Italy isn't as tight as in China. Both Germany and France are close to 100 cases today. It's just a matter of time a sizeable outbreak happens here.

I've stocked up some extra food and supplies already. I'm not too worry about getting ill. My most worry is the duration of the possible disruption and travel restriction. Whether it's a couple of weeks or worse case a few months. And then the following recession and mass lay off. This is going to be a bad year.

29 minutes ago, Deli said:

Just have a feeling it's about to explode. The lock down in Italy isn't as tight as in China. Both Germany and France are close to 100 cases today. It's just a matter of time a sizeable outbreak happens here.

I've stock up some extra food and supplies already. My most worry is the duration of the possible disruption and travel restriction. Whether it's a couple of weeks or worse case a few months. And then the following recession and mass lay off. This is going to be a bad year.

As said in an earlier post in this thread: We are waaaaaaayyyyyyy overdue for such an outbreak. It comes back regularly every now and then... So... All we can do is wait and see.

I mean... You can prepare, you can organize, you can even lock yourself up with all your loved ones in a bunker with air filters and tons of reserves and preserves, but... in the end... if your time's up, then... your time's up!

Spoiler

Love this episode... Love the Twilight Zone! ?

Remember, death rate of this is less than Ebola... Less than 3%... Most of us will be fine. A few won't... We can only do the best we can.

You know... Our civilization, our "way of life" needed a reminder... And this one is a very mild one...

The one speeding up toward us will be way harsher...

We have a say in french: "If you don't learn the lesson on your own, life will teach it to you again and again until you learn and each time you need it will be more painful than the previous one..."

So... We change... We "evolve"... Or...

Money? Economy? That is how we are organized now... But that is only how we are taught to think.

That is not what is going to feed you or make you breathe. It's only a social convention we are accepting in order to function. It's not what makes us function.

When I hear Trump talking about the Fed and interests and how other countries are preventing the US to be successful and they are the cause of the present situation because they are more successful and even have negative interests, but that the US are the best, it just makes me smile...

Obviously he has his priorities not where they should be, imo.

An american person just died of a disease he said "will disappear in spring", and he is talking about interests and the Fed? ?

This is a test about how human we are right now, not about the economy and interests.

If you can't feed yourself because you can't grow food, the numbers on your bank account, the market and interests won't do you any good.

Your belly is still empty.

27 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

As said in an earlier post in this thread: We are waaaaaaayyyyyyy overdue for such an outbreak. It comes back regularly every now and then... So... All we can do is wait and see.

I mean... You can prepare, you can organize, you can even lock yourself up with all your loved ones in a bunker with air filters and tons of reserves and preserves, but... in the end... if your time's up, then... your time's up!

Reveal hidden contents

Love this episode... Love the Twilight Zone! ?

You know... Our civilization, our "way of life" needed a reminder... And this one is a very mild one...

The one speeding up toward us will be way harsher...

We have a say in french: "If you don't learn the lesson on your own, life will teach it to you again and again until you learn and each time you need it will be more painful than the previous one..."

So... We change... We "evolve"... Or...

You're so right.

So many things we take for granted, the sense of freedom, safety and modern comfort. It's as if these are our birth rights. Until one day we're awakened by a shock.

(that was interesting. After visiting a country's official site, browswer wouldn't show page 48. Had to restart)

Italy up to 1,049, 29, 50,  CSSE says 1,128...

China reporting 79,394, 2,838, 39,308

France just went up to 100 Confirmed.

Have to update the graphs.

2 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

First US death.

First thing I told the folks when coming home today:

“Time to stock up!”

And I got shitty health insurance most likely they’re rated 2 stars on google.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X