corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Boss told us today that some of the factories are back up. Not full steam but at least producing. I wonder how safe that decision is? Though China is probably afraid of loosing its market share in manufacturing. Though not sure how they will export when a most countries have some sort of ban on them current. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

@Canoe is allowed back on this topic now. Nobody should be working their ass off to deliver news about this here. If you have something, share it, but don't drive yourself into the ground. This subject is intense.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:00 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

Even if it's not staged it's a single kid acting unusual, which required an ambulance. Not a smoking gun unlike what the Twitter Iranophobes are purporting here. 

You only looked at the kid?

Italy has reported (not in the CSSE stream yet)

Press conference of the Head of Civil Protection Angelo Borrelli at 6 pm on March 2:
     2036 people who contracted the virus included 1835 positive, 52 died and 149 recovered.
Among the 1835 positives:
     927 are found in home isolation
     742 hospitalized with symptoms
     166 in intensive care

2117159893_italymarch2.thumb.png.8f37a7f9de08f4edde7dbf29db960f03.png

The best advice is to not panic. Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene. It's not the end of the world. If you're relatively healthy, chances are you'll be fine. The scariest part is that the Chinese government won't share information on this virus and attempted to sweep the statistics under the rug.

My Charting

• I've restructured my graph spreadsheets to use the CSSE Time Series data instead of the daily updates. I get to avoid reconciling all the different data sources for all of the dates we've been tracking, while trying to match the CSSE realigning to UTC. Problematic and prone to error. The data set is a lot smaller than those I'm usually crunching, and they don't need to be updated every quarter second, but they've been rather a pita: I threw the spreadsheets together instead of taking the time to structure them for long term use.
  • Moving forward, the graphs will use the CSSE Time Series data, with adjustments for Hubei from China's NHC Daily Update which apply to that day, as Hubei is significantly material to showing the overall picture. These graphs are not reconstructed yet.
  • There are some 'burbles' in the CSSE data from their bringing the data into alignment with day end by UTC. We'll see what they look like once I've brought in the NHC adjustments.
  • The 'leading edge' graphs, will use:
    • for completed days, the CSSE Time Series data, adding in the above adjustments once those are in place,
    • for the new day's leading values, CSSE dashboard and various countries' official sources.

22535630_Covid-19TOPplusDP2020-03-01.thumb.png.7fbc9d3e1ffbb19c97b1ebcbd0f4c07f.png

1939740127_Covid-19TOPplusDP2020-03-02INTERIM.thumb.png.05c8a07f4c5817ce8c02dfd262d34c46.png

As there are more countries with case counts becoming more significant, I've switched from bar graph to line graph for this presentation. The leading day on the far right becomes more interesting and easier to compare different regions.

Also of particular interest, is rolling all of the countries NOT on the graph into Balance External - shown in grey. Rather interesting to see when they collectively start increasing compared to those around it.

I've also added in Global Deaths and External Deaths, so there's some perspective on that.

71918996_Covid-19TOP4DP2020-03-02INTERIM.thumb.png.21afb64793c3269b1330f4c35514ffb5.png

Welcome back @Canoe. I've got this for you.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/409.html#AM

Current Health Expenditure in relativity to size of economy. In this context, higher numbers symbolize better care and recovery.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/209.html#AM

Official exchange rate.

There is a new virus/cold/flu every other year. Most healthy people who practice any sort of good diet and are in good health should be fine. I remember swine flu scares. I got it was sick for a few days and went back to school when I got better. Sucked but I didnt die nor did I feel the need to go to the hospital, it felt like a bad flu. Do not worry about something that you cannot control. Wash hands and if your sick or someone you know is sick do not hang out with them or hold hands/cough on each other in close proximity lol. 

I am assuming you mean worry like buying non perishable food and water for the coming darkness for the next 10 years. I doubt that would happen as we have multiple countries looking for ways to fight it and how to prevent it. As I said before encourage sick people to stay home. No point working and coughing on people it will onyl spread things more. This is one of the key issues with this in particular spreading in some countries. Some places are forcing people to work even sick and its spreading worse than if all the sick people just stayed home till they got better lol...

7 hours ago, Saberken said:

If I am the government I will prefer to make everyone know the truth after the disaster and not making everyone in frustration and fear. Because it needs power from every citizens to cooperate and to solve the problems with this kind of disaster. I still treat it as a natural diasater not a political problem. ...

One thing that's started turning up in the Public Health streams, is the necessity to provide the public with true information, else the public won't believe anything and the public will stop co-operating with measures the government is doing or asking.

Edited by Canoe
add 'will'

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

One thing that's started turning up in the Public Health streams, is the necessity to provide the public with true information, else the public won't believe anything and the public stop co-operating with measures the government is doing or asking.

I would much rather know what is going on than be coddled by my government.

@TheBritishVillain, I don't have the info to answer all your questions, but I'll try to chip in:

1. I'm not sure. My roommate says the same thing, but I don't have a source to verify this info, so I'm treating this tidbit as a rumor for now.
  2. What type of facemask and what included filters are included will probably offer you differing levels of protection from airborne germs. We had a thread discussing this, I lost track of whether the discussion got derailed or not (here).
  3. Wash your hands regularly, don't touch your eyes/mouth/nose, stay calm and do not add to the mass media panic.
  4. Unfortunately I have no info about this.

Have a link, it may or may not help ease your mind. A word of warning, I'm betting WHO is in the dark as much as we are:

World Health Organization, COVID-9 Mythshttps://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

27 minutes ago, Canoe said:

One thing that's started turning up in the Public Health streams, is the necessity to provide the public with true information, else the public won't believe anything and the public stop co-operating with measures the government is doing or asking.

That is basic psychology, and the choice made determines what type of government you're under...

In this very case I prefer by far to be in the EU than in China or the US... Nothing "political" in saying that. Just plain and simple analysis of the actual facts.

I still remember when Chernobyl happened and the Russians denied it happened and lied to everyone, and the french government publicly announced on TV and in the newspaper that France was "safe" and there was no risk for the garden vegetables and the produce fields as the "radioactive clouds" stopped at the border...

Even now 30+ years later it's a common joke about this patent lie to say "yeah! Yeah! And the cloud stopped at the border!". It took the government years to get back an ounce of the public trust regarding any science announcements.

Talking about blatant lies, wishful thinking and bad mouthing...

So... You've heard, it's safe to go to rallies and be with thousands of people in the same confined space when you already have 6 deaths in the US...

When at the same time we hear from scientists that the virus must be roaming aroung freely for 6 weeks now...

@TheBritishVillain Thread merged with mega thread

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

@TheBritishVillain Thread merged with mega thread

So, information is being compiled to this thread only or are there multiple threads? We're trying to keep it contained in a linear pattern to this thread only due to how quickly information comes in.

26 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

So... You've heard, it's safe to go to rallies and be with thousands of people in the same confined space when you already have 6 deaths in the US...

Honestly no different than other politician still holding rallies because money, however I'd rather not get into politics and this thread IMO should be for reports of cases, because it's bad enough the US media is fearmongering and left right finger pointing the blame instead of working together.

26 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

When at the same time we hear from scientists that the virus must be roaming aroung freely for 6 weeks now...

Could be longer than that, not really surprising though as we learned back in November 2019 that people coming back from China had Corona virus, and who knows how long China's government  has been covering up the virus or trying to hide the numbers of people infected. I'd be more concerned that the WHO has refused to classify nCOV-19 as a pandemic, which would've likely pressured governments to enact flight bans to and from China.

I'm currently on LiveLeak via Tor to see if any whistleblowers have posted videos. There are several videos regarding attacks on people with the virus or show symptoms. Several of these attacks appear to have resulted in fatal or lethal injury. There are videos from what appears to be Wuhan, based on previous images from news sites, of the market still in operation. Several vendors appeared to be selling several hundred pounds of Flying Fox Bats and other species. In one video, I was able to see feces and blood smeared over several pigs and what appeared to be a dog, possibly a Shiba Inu. All or most of these animals were live based on what I saw in these videos. One video, taken from a rooftop perspective, showed a car of a supposedly infected individual being burned, presumably in Wuhan or one of the nearby areas. I was not able to tell if there was anyone in the vehicle. Due to the graphic nature of these videos, I will not post them or share the links to them. Anyone that goes on LiveLeak does so at their own risk, but I do not recommend it due to the graphic nature of what is already posted to the site. I have seen some nasty things in life, but even I threw up a little.

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I'd be more concerned that the WHO has refused to classify nCOV-19 as a pandemic

we already covered that topic earlier in this thread.

With the rise in deaths in the US this will eventually happen:

WASHINGTON — The Federal Emergency Management Agency is planning for the possibility that President Donald Trump could make an emergency declaration to bring in extra funds and personnel to assist the administration's coronavirus response, according to internal documents obtained by NBC News.

FEMA's disaster relief fund has a current balance of $34 billion, according to the latest agency update. "It's money that’s sitting there and ready," said another former FEMA official, who declined to be identified.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

9 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

I'm currently on LiveLeak via Tor to see if any whistleblowers have posted videos. There are several videos regarding attacks on people with the virus or show symptoms. Several of these attacks appear to have resulted in fatal or lethal injury. There are videos from what appears to be Wuhan, based on previous images from news sites, of the market still in operation. Several vendors appeared to be selling several hundred pounds of Flying Fox Bats and other species. In one video, I was able to see feces and blood smeared over several pigs and what appeared to be a dog, possibly a Shiba Inu. All or most of these animals were live based on what I saw in these videos. One video, taken from a rooftop perspective, showed a car of a supposedly infected individual being burned, presumably in Wuhan or one of the nearby areas. I was not able to tell if there was anyone in the vehicle. Due to the graphic nature of these videos, I will not post them or share the links to them. Anyone that goes on LiveLeak does so at their own risk, but I do not recommend it due to the graphic nature of what is already posted to the site. I have seen some nasty things in life, but even I threw up a little.

Again... Basic psychology...

Mob mind and fluids physics.

You take some people, shut them in, spread fear because no information and distrust of the "official information". You add to that some physical violence on individuals in order to show muscles and crowd control.

You bottle that up, let it sit for a few weeks and then shake it up and its:

FrigidBlueBagworm-size_restricted.gif

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

Again... Basic psychology...

Mob mind and fluids physics.

You take some people, shut them in, spread fear because no information and distrust of the "official information". You add to that some physical violence on individuals in order to show muscles and crowd control.

You bottle that up, let it sit for a few weeks and then shake it up and its:

FrigidBlueBagworm-size_restricted.gif

Edit: I did throw up. LiveLeak is helpful for seeing the true damage and getting the truth, but be prepared for some nasty shit. Also, there was an extended version of the car video. Someone did appear to exit the vehicle from the passenger right side, but I couldn't tell if they got clear of the fire. The perspective appeared to be from the same rooftop or a neighboring one.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

Edit: I did throw up. LiveLeak is helpful for seeing the true damage and getting the truth, but be prepared for some nasty shit. Also, there was an extended version of the car video. Someone did appear to exit the vehicle from the passenger right side, but I couldn't tell if they got clear of the fire. The perspective appeared to be from the same rooftop or a neighboring one.

Civilization is only a very fine layer that is easily scrapped off.

1 minute ago, TheBritishVillain said:

My friend said it's to do with that bat soup picture that is flying around ;) ?

That again?  ?‍♀️

It has already been prooved an hoax...

Read this thread from the beginning... Lots of information.

27 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

... Several vendors appeared to be selling several hundred pounds of Flying Fox Bats and other species. In one video, I was able to see feces and blood smeared over several pigs and what appeared to be a dog, possibly a Shiba Inu. All or most of these animals were live based on what I saw in these videos. ...

Remember, like the world trade centre going down, when something happens, everyone drags out everything and anything they can. It would be interesting to check the original date of footage. Like the TV show's bat soup episode on the pasific island from a few years ago.