corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

2 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

That guy got paid 50k just to setup a research lab in Wuhan, China and he used animals that were infected with virus and sold them to the Wuhan Market.  Hence they were seeing if the virus can infect people with the test animals that were sold to the Wuhan Market.

Huh! Any proof of that??  ?

Shall we talk about the ETs again and their attempt on Earth invasion? ?

That is cruel and inhuman.

22 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

Huh! Any proof of that??  ?

Shall we talk about the ETs again and their attempt on Earth invasion? ?

Everyone knows it's a cover up.  And they won't tell us the truth.

22 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yes I noticed that, sorry I had to catch up with the thread, but still I think the truth should be out,even if it causes panic instead of trying to reassure people it can be contained

He discusses backdoors but then goes on wanting "lawful access" which is still a backdoor.

There was evidence of the Harvard dept. chair "trying to smuggle vials of biological material out of the US".  I don't want to be tinfoil hat here but that definitely seems suspicious.  This virus and the events that have been happening reminds me of the movie Contagion.

Think about it someone is covering it up just to get greedy.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

34 minutes ago, mr moose said:

That does not bode well then from either position.

When will people stop posting this rubbish.  I don't know what's worse, the fact people are intentionally misrepresenting what he said and why he said it or that people are dumb enough to believe it without question.

All he said was if encryption is used to commit crime and can't be broken then they'll outlaw encryption.  He did not say the laws of math can be bypassed.

Then why did he say the laws of Australia will prevail over the laws of mathematics. Yes we know there are ways to weaken encryption but he apparently doesn't know 

4 minutes ago, Canoe said:

No, it's not complicated. It is very obvious what he meant, and what he didn't understand. What makes you think people didn't understand...

People keep posting to it and perpetuating this idea that he doesn't understand encryption. So will you actually state what you think or just keep claiming it is obvious without acknowledging which side you think is obvious?

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

He discusses backdoors but then goes on wanting "lawful access" which is still a backdoor.

The law he is talking about is not a backdoor,  for the millionth time on this forum, those laws specifically rule out a backdoor.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

That is cruel and inhuman.

I mean it's not uncommon for a dead body to move slightly as gasses and stuff escape. And if they want to kill someone there are less discrete ways or more powerful sedatives to make sure they don't move 

I'm not going to feed conspiracy theories here. If you want to see what is really happening, go to sources like LiveLeak. There are literally thousands of videos on their site when I searched. I was only able to make it through five videos due to how intense and graphic they are, but the situation is bad. Only go to this source at your own risk using the right security measures like Tor. You can theorize what is happening, but I prefer hard evidence. Be aware that I will not post any content here from that site.

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

I mean it's not uncommon for a dead body to move slightly as gasses and stuff escape. And if they want to kill someone there are less discrete ways or more powerful sedatives to make sure they don't move 

Sadly in Chinese and Korean cultures.  It's a sin to burn the body.  Buddha does not you to die like that.  Buddha believes that should be buried with respect.  And this isn't right.  

10 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

Then why did he say the laws of Australia will prevail over the laws of mathematics. Yes we know there are ways to weaken encryption but he apparently doesn't know 

Doesn't know what?  can people please stop reading the media which is only presenting half the information and assuming they understand everything.   He is not talking about weakening encryption. he is not talking about backdoors, he is not talking about breaking the rules of math.  He is saying if there is a way for a company to help authorities in an investigation then they must do that.  That is where the Aussie laws will prevail.  

EDIT: here is my response to others with quotes from the actual law:

There are about 3 different threads pertaining to the laws Turnbull is talking about and they are all the same shit show of people putting their head in the sand because the actually law does not do or say what everyone keeps saying it does.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Doesn't know what?  can people please stop reading the media which is only presenting half the information and assuming they understand everything.   He is not talking about weakening encryption. he is not talking about backdoors, he is not talking about breaking the rules of math.  He is saying if there is a way for a company to help authorities in an investigation then they must do that.  That is where the Aussie laws will prevail.  

Then why did he say the part about the laws of mathematics beforehand? And how does he expect the companies to help without breaking the encryption? Use telepathy? 

1 minute ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Sadly in Chinese and Korean cultures.  It's a sin to burn the body.  Buddha does not you to die like that.  Buddha believes that should be buried with respect.  And this isn't right.  

Stopping the spread of the disease and saving people's lives is a bigger concern than religious customs rn it's like during the ebola outbreak in Africa where the people dug up the buried ebola victims to dress them up and perform a ritual and that helped spread ebola

10 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

1. The Buddha doesn't care about that. I should know we discussed about it last time we had tea together. ( ? )

2. Cremation is a common practice in buddhism --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_funeral

Anything else?

1 minute ago, Cora_Lie said:

1. The Buddha doesn't care about that. I should know we discussed about it last time we had tea together. ( ? )

2. Cremation is a common practice in buddhism --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_funeral

Anything else?

?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_traditional_funeral

16 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

1 minute ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Ok... WHat are you talking about now?

In your first comment you're talking about Bhuddha, which, as far as I know is Buddhism, right?

Then you talk about Shamanism and Confucianism... So? Which one is it?

And even then? if you read at the end of your link, you'll see that they talk about cremation as acceptable.

SO? ?

2 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Ok... WHat are you talking about now?

In your first comment you're talking about Bhuddha, which, as far as I know is Buddhism, right?

Then you talk about Shamanism and Confucianism... So? Which one is it?

And even then? if you read at the end of your link, you'll see that they talk about cremation as acceptable.

SO? ?

? Yep you're right my bad ?

25 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Mmm, I agree that what FakeCIA described was extremely terrible and disrespectful treatment of the bodies, but um... please don't mistakenly prop up Buddhism as if it dominates China and Korea. Buddhism accounts for only 15%-ish of China's and South Korea's culture, according to Wikipedia (China, South Korea).

...Because Wikipedia is the most reliable of sources, as every Professor will tell you.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

1 minute ago, Eschew said:

Mmm, I agree that what FakeCIA described was extremely terrible and disrespectful treatment of the bodies, but um... please don't mistakenly prop up Buddhism as if it dominates China and Korea. Buddhism accounts for only 15%-ish of China's and South Korea's culture, according to Wikipedia (China, South Korea).

This is 100% correct.

With all of the different aspects of the 2019-nCoV  Wu Wong's Bat Wong Ton Wuhan Wallop  Covid  COVID-19 disease/virus, and the various ramifications of all of the various goings on, and all of the tangential & outlier dialogues, all of which pull my focus to one degree or another, there is one very glaring thing for which I am truly thankful. That I'm not coming in late and have to start at the beginning of this thread.

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

With all of the different aspects of the 2019-nCoV  Wu Wong's Bat Wong Ton Wuhan Wallop  Covid  COVID-19 disease/virus, and the various ramifications of all of the various goings on, and all of the tangential & outlier dialogues, all of which pull my focus to one degree or another, there is one very glaring thing for which I am truly thankful. That I'm not coming in late and have to start at the beginning of this thread.

F in the chat for anyone just joining.

38 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

I'm not going to feed conspiracy theories here. If you want to see what is really happening, go to sources like LiveLeak. There are literally thousands of videos on their site when I searched. I was only able to make it through five videos due to how intense and graphic they are, but the situation is bad. Only go to this source at your own risk using the right security measures like Tor. You can theorize what is happening, but I prefer hard evidence. Be aware that I will not post any content here from that site.

I do agree with you, the situation is more than terrible there... I know it is, I don't need to go and see what is posted on LiveLeaks ( I mean...  I have my sources...)! But for some people it can be an eye opener... If they can bear with the truth...

Hoo-Mans are a lost cause, I know way too much about it...

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

Then why did he say the part about the laws of mathematics beforehand? And how does he expect the companies to help without breaking the encryption? Use telepathy? 

Because people were claiming the law of math (as it applies to encryption) prevents them from helping (when that isn't the case).   Many companies can assist in uncovering evidence from cloud storage and devices without putting in a backdoor.  Hence the sentence "the law of math is commendable".  He is saying,  yes, math is unchangeable, but our laws are not.

There was a huge discussion about why the law was needed and how it was implemented.  

On 2/28/2020 at 6:12 PM, Deli said:

When they want to start a war. No one will ask how to fund it. No one will ask about budget deficit.

When it comes to healthcare. No, can't do it, because we have no money.

This is a serious double standard right there. Like even on cable news, if somebody is proposing M4A, the host quickly interjects with how its going to be paid. But when a war monger comes on, and has a raging Battle-Boner, it is passed of as normal. Makes me sick!

~Engineer.AI

Engineer.AI

2 hours ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

That guy got paid 50k just to setup a research lab in Wuhan, China and he used animals that were infected with virus and sold them to the Wuhan Market.  Hence they were seeing if the virus can infect people with the test animals that were sold to the Wuhan Market.

Do do you have any evidence for that?This is not the time to spread RUMORS.

99% of the people on this forum have nothing to worry about. The other 1%, just take the same precautions you usually do during flu season, and you should be fine. It amazes me how much fear American news conjures up. It's like they can't help themselves. Keep everyone afraid, buying, and the economy will be fine. Pathetic, really. The Canadian news reports are much better, clearer, and give more useful information. For example, even though we have cases, currently none of them are hospitalized; they're all outpatient. All it takes is proper procedures. Though it seems to be something the US lacks. This will be a lot harder on them then it needed to be.

Reading through this is always a good chuckle though :)

34 minutes ago, Canoe said:

Haha, how the US has such a low test rate is...insane. British Columbia has significantly more tests performed at over 1,000, and it's not even the hardest hit.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red