corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

Remember, like the world trade centre going down, when something happens, everyone drags out everything and anything they can. It would be interesting to check the original date of footage. Like the TV show's bat soup episode on the pasific island from a few years ago.

The timestamp for the video showed 01-23-2020, though actual date may be earlier. The event still stands though as an example of what is contributing to the spread.

It grows, ...

Over 10,000 outside of mainland China.

Including 1,501 in Iran, 191 in France, 159 in Germany, 120 in Spain, 100 in U.S. ...

1481334813_Covid-19TOPplusDP2020-03-02INTERIM.thumb.png.f240c51cc481114d45dbff53c5bd8464.png439447288_Covid-19TOP4DP2020-03-02INTERIM.thumb.png.f45e5b78e2c2849ec058df2829a52a99.png

I emailed my PCP about getting a pneumonia vaccine booster shot (had one a few years ago), and he said I don't need one.

He did remind me to get my diabetic eye exam, which I have been putting off for a year at least because it's always been perfectly normal and my A1C has been fine.

But the interesting part? Despite him reminding me to get it, and it being over a year overdue, he said, "get it at some point. I would wait for Covid-19 to calm down a bit first. Perhaps wait until summer."

We don't have any confirmed cases where I live except those being treated at a different hospital, but it seems they are taking it seriously if the GP says stays away from the clinic for your own good, even though your exam is a year late.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I'm watching live now the meeting of Trump with Big Pharma on Conoravirus.

I wonder if he and his team realize how "revealing" his body language is... Almost everything he says is contradicted by his body language.

And Alex Azar... "People should not panic: But go on the CDC website and you'll find everything to be prepared! Get some hand sanitizer, get some food! Just like for a hurricane!"

I can see the people rushing everywhere in the malls to get food...  But... Don't Panic!

?‍♀️

They have someone (a couple) at NW Community Hospital which is like 5 minutes from my Mother In Laws House. 

I imagine it's going to spread quickly through the NW suburbs of Chicago, that's one of THE busiest hospitals in the burbs.

6 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

.... We don't have any confirmed cases where I live except those being treated at a different hospital, but it seems they are taking it seriously if the GP says stays away from the clinic for your own good, even though your exam is a year late.

Balance of risk.

You don't have many DETECTED cases yet. The U.S. is just starting to get testing online.

Just now, Canoe said:

Balance of risk.

You don't have many DETECTED cases yet. The U.S. is just starting to get testing online.

I believe with 6 deaths and several cases of unmown origin that there's probably hundreds undetected, if not more.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Mister Woof said:

I believe with 6 deaths and several cases of unmown origin that there's probably hundreds undetected, if not more.

Thousands I'd actually believe if we estimate how far off the China numbers possibly could be.

I posted a video in dog thread if anyone wants to take a break. As for numbers, I don't think the CDC know how to do detection based on how many seem to be surprises. Every agency involved seems to be very under-prepared.

Just now, FakeCIA said:

... I don't think the CDC know how to do detection based on how many seem to be surprises. Every agency involved seems to be very under-prepared.

They had all of the delays getting testing online, including deciding on doing their own instead of using the WHO tests. It's still not all up and running. They're just starting detection.

The U.S. has had too many cuts and entities running around having to play politics instead of being allowed to do their functions. And forced to lie to prop up someone's mistakes or outright lies.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:19 PM, Deli said:

- post has been removed -

The market has already taken a massive hit - though it's starting to rebound a bit. One of my portfolios took a 13% dive in one week because of all this. It's recovered about 3%.

Though depending on how the pandemic plays out over the coming weeks/months, it could rebound or it could dive even further. One of my more-diversified portfolios only took a 6.5% dive. It has yet to rebound at all though.

Edited by LogicalDrm

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The market has already taken a massive hit - though it's starting to rebound a bit. One of my portfolios took a 13% dive in one week because of all this. It's recovered about 3%.

Though depending on how the pandemic plays out over the coming weeks/months, it could rebound or it could dive even further. One of my more-diversified portfolios only took a 6.5% dive. It has yet to rebound at all though.

Forbes Article

Guy on Facebook posted this. Kinda interesting. I have a feeling things will bounce back, but might not compeletely bonce back for China. I think this Virus has proven that we cant rely on just one country for manufacturing. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

30 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The market heard the rumors central banks around the world will pump in more money. I suspect why there is a rebound.

When people prefer to stay at home. Not going out to cinemas, restaurants, football games....People aren't spending. I can't see how lower interest rates will have profound effect to the economy.

US and Canada are in better economic position. However Europe is already in dire condition even before this outbreak. I think there is a big chance Europe will slip in to recession soon.

I tend to use my phone without thinking during lunch break. 

But the virus can also likely live on the surfaces these droplets touch, sometimes for multiple days, says Rudra Channappanavar, an immunologist who has studied coronaviruses at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Glass in particular—like the kind on screen of the smartphone you’re probably reading this on—can harbor live coronaviruses for up to 96 hours, or four days at room temperature.

https://qz.com/1810508/covid-19-can-likely-live-up-to-96-hours-on-your-phone/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

14 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I think this Virus has proven that we cant rely on just one country for manufacturing.

All eggs in one basket...

When you see what chinese economics and high productivity is based upon, makes one wonder about our western values...

CSSE data

I want to see the numbers after the U.S. has wide spread testing up & running and:

• they've run for a week
  • they're no longer need to run at max daily tests for a week

Boston, MA 1
Cook County, IL 4
Grafton County, NH 1
Hillsborough, FL 1
Humboldt County, CA 1
King County, WA 14
Los Angeles, CA 1
Madison, WI 1
New York City, NY 1
Orange, CA 1
Placer County, CA 1
Portland, OR 2
Providence, RI 2
Sacramento County, CA 2
San Antonio, TX 1
San Benito, CA 2
San Diego County, CA 2
San Mateo, CA 2
Santa Clara, CA 9
Sarasota, FL 1
Snohomish County, WA 4
Sonoma County, CA 1
Tempe, AZ 1
Umatilla, OR 1
Unassigned Location (From Diamond Princess) 45
25 102

South Korea posted a new report

125,851 tests (16,260 more than last report)

• 90,296 test results (+14,504)
    • 4,812 Confirmed (+600)
    • 85,484 negative (+13,904)
  • 35,555 waiting for results (+1,756)

1132478071_KCDCmar31.thumb.png.b14d49f49c82d58d71f7594a52caf8b6.png

5 hours ago, Deli said:

Yeah, but Trump has the firm support of the Republican party voters, like 94% approval.. Most of the moderate Republican politicians are out, except maybe Mitt Romney. Trump has moulded the party to his liking. The 2016 election could be a freak accident. How the Republican party operates today certainly us not just an unlucky coincidence.

That does not bode well then from either position.

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

When will people stop posting this rubbish.  I don't know what's worse, the fact people are intentionally misrepresenting what he said and why he said it or that people are dumb enough to believe it without question.

All he said was if encryption is used to commit crime and can't be broken then they'll outlaw encryption.  He did not say the laws of math can be bypassed.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 minutes ago, mr moose said:

All he said was if encryption is used to commit crime and can't be broken then they'll outlaw encryption.  He did not say the laws of math can be bypassed.

Who said he said the laws of math can be bypassed? His quoted words were very clear on what he did and didn't understand.

That guy got paid 50k just to setup a research lab in Wuhan, China and he used animals that were infected with virus and sold them to the Wuhan Market.  Hence they were seeing if the virus can infect people with the test animals that were sold to the Wuhan Market.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

4 minutes ago, Canoe said:

Who said he said the laws of math can be bypassed? His quoted words were very clear on what he did and didn't understand.

Yes, in context, however if you break up the quote like so many media articles love to do and take it out of context you can make it say anything.  The fact is all he said was that if the laws of math are used to hide criminal activity then he will make it illegal to use math.  Hence why he said "he laws of Australia prevail in Australia",  If the laws of math allow someone (by using encryption) to break the law then he will make it illegal (ban encryption), hence the laws of Australia will indeed prevail over the laws of math.

It's not that complicated and people should stop being silly about it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It's not that complicated and people should stop being silly about it.

No, it's not complicated. It is very obvious what he meant, and what he didn't understand. What makes you think people didn't understand...

5 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

we already covered that topic earlier in this thread.

Yes I noticed that, sorry I had to catch up with the thread, but still I think the truth should be out,even if it causes panic instead of trying to reassure people it can be contained

23 minutes ago, mr moose said:

He discusses backdoors but then goes on wanting "lawful access" which is still a backdoor.

8 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

-video snip-

There was evidence of the Harvard dept. chair "trying to smuggle vials of biological material out of the US".  I don't want to be tinfoil hat here but that definitely seems suspicious.  This virus and the events that have been happening reminds me of the movie Contagion.