Dell Precision 5680 - Windows 11 runs like shit

ToqLudiq

For context: My PC has 5800X, 64GB RAM, 3TB SSD and 3090.

My laptop has i9 13th-gen, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD and 3500 Ada.

Both running the latest and the same version of Windows 11 - my laptop is so buggy. Apps take long to load, Photoshop is VERY laggy, weird bugs like context menus not opening or delayed, Youtube on Edge stutters every 10 seconds but is smooth on Chrome...

Meanwhile my PC is doing just fine. Before you ask - my laptop is brand new, thermal paste replaced, cleaned from the inside, clean installed Windows 3 times, no manufacturer bloatware, latest drivers etc. Literally should be perfect.

Does anyone have any idea what I can try? This makes no sense to me.

How are thermals and load measurements looking? Any evidence of throttling? 

Has BIOS been updated? 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

How are thermals and load measurements looking? Any evidence of throttling? 

Has BIOS been updated? 

Bios is updated, yes

Thermals are good? Haven't actually measured everything but under heavy load the GPU doesn't go above 65-70 degrees, and I have the Vapor Chamber heatsink. CPU with normal browsing and stuff isn't more than 1-10% , pretty sure there's no thermal throttling (haven't measured the CPU temperature because I don't see signs of throttling but might do it)

The issues I have seem mostly software, but they carry on even with clean reinstalls (out of those 3 clean reinstalls, the first one was actually perfect, no issues whatsoever)

40 minutes ago, ToqLudiq said:

Bios is updated, yes

Thermals are good? Haven't actually measured everything but under heavy load the GPU doesn't go above 65-70 degrees, and I have the Vapor Chamber heatsink. CPU with normal browsing and stuff isn't more than 1-10% , pretty sure there's no thermal throttling (haven't measured the CPU temperature because I don't see signs of throttling but might do it)

The issues I have seem mostly software, but they carry on even with clean reinstalls (out of those 3 clean reinstalls, the first one was actually perfect, no issues whatsoever)

You could try updating your GPU drivers if you already have, Re-setting cmos battery could help. Is there any physical damage to the motherboard that you can see? What SSD do you have in this build? Does it take a long time to boot? 

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

9 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

You could try updating your GPU drivers if you already have, Re-setting cmos battery could help. Is there any physical damage to the motherboard that you can see? What SSD do you have in this build? Does it take a long time to boot? 

Will do

as far as physical damage - none, the laptop is quite new

The SSD looks like is KIOXIA XG8 Series and it boots/wakes up quite quickly or just normal, don't think it takes long

22 minutes ago, ToqLudiq said:

Will do

as far as physical damage - none, the laptop is quite new

The SSD looks like is KIOXIA XG8 Series and it boots/wakes up quite quickly or just normal, don't think it takes long

Run crystal disk, what are the results?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

34 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

Run crystal disk, what are the results?

image.png.4f9bfd542c60450aa3ea5c2152635ab8.png

Just updated BIOS, everything is up to date as well, but no signs of improvements

1 hour ago, ToqLudiq said:

image.png.4f9bfd542c60450aa3ea5c2152635ab8.png

Just updated BIOS, everything is up to date as well, but no signs of improvements

So the issue only presents itself when you get into windows? Before that it’s fine? Is navigating the BIOS laggy or glitchy at all?

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

8 hours ago, FI Fheonix said:

So the issue only presents itself when you get into windows? Before that it’s fine? Is navigating the BIOS laggy or glitchy at all?

Yep, navigating the BIOS is fine

I would've thought it's a malware or something but I barely have any apps installed 

12 hours ago, ToqLudiq said:

Yep, navigating the BIOS is fine

I would've thought it's a malware or something but I barely have any apps installed 

Then that means that the issue is in windows. Do you have another SSD installed that you can clone windows over to and boot off of that?

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn